Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 11

Old 06-14-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Hey Alice yeah Im not seeing a doctor. For some reason I avoid them. Also I dont think its 'that bad' and dont know why. Some therapy would probably be helpful but Idont have much free time. I am in AA though. Its either one or the other at least right now. If it gets bad Ill seek medical help.

Tam sorry youve been in pain. Hope its resolved soon. I have been listening to all kinds of stuff. One favorite right now is Band of Horses. Ive heard of Kings of Leon Ill have to chek em out.

Courage yeah I think its pretty standard ups and downs but we will see. Its funny to read about me being a mess mentally when right now I feel fine mostly.

Maybe Im just crazy. Yeah thats it.

Have a good day all
Old 06-15-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I'm going to start posting again! Well basically at the moment I'm going through an unexpected depression and it's horrible. Low mood and no motivation. For any of you who have been through this you know what I mean.... I went to see my doctor and started an anti depressant a week ago so hopefully this will help me soon. Work has been stressful over an extended period so I have taken a break for a while and I think that's why the depression has hit me now that my daily routine has changed and I have time to reflect on the stress I've been feeling.
Thank God I'm not drinking even though I get fleeting moments of thinking 'well I might as well as I can't feel any worse'. But I don't pick up as I know where that would lead....it would make everything worse!
So I'm sorry I have to post this but hopefully as the days go by I will be feeling brighter. It will be lovely to catch up with you all xxx
Old 06-15-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the medication will kick in Marria - it's really horrible to feel low and unmotivated - I know.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
p***enger

Fallow, I expect you're just reacting to life on life's terms. That can seem crazy enough LOL!
Its funny to read about me being a mess mentally when right now I feel fine mostly.
-- that sounds like a good sign to me -- you're not hanging on to negativity. You're doing great! Keep it up! What do you think of AA?

Marria, I'm happy to see you here & hope you post often, but sorry for the reason. My doctor said it was probably best for me just to stay on a maintenance dose of anti-ds for the rest of my life. I didn't like to hear that, but I don't want to risk getting another one of the low periods I used to have. I'm glad you're getting help. Don't drink over it -- alcohol is a depressant, and you CAN feel worse.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
p***enger

For Fallow -- and Napster, wherever he is! Happy Father's Day!

Old 06-16-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Morning, all!

Fallow and Napster, Happy belated Father's Day.

Fallow, it is good to see you here, really. Glad the kids are doing well. Hug and kiss them as much as you can.. I've been feeling... I don't know. Mine is 14 and about to start high school so I feel like I'm running out of time. weird.

Marria, it's good to see you too! When I had post partum, I was put on an AD and if I remember, I started to feel well after about 2 weeks and then, I was a completely different person, it really helped. Give it time and communicate with your doc.

Courage, how are you? How are you meetings? Do you still see your minder?

RAL, when are you supposed to hear about the job?

Alice, how was the weekend away, you adventurer?

The hives took a turn... to everywhere on my body and on my tongue and throat so I had to go in and get a steroid shot, prednisone and lots and lots of Benadryl. Next, I see an allergist and do the scratch test. Also, the endo went ok on Friday, my blood is perfect.... he actually said that looking at my blood he can see that I eat well. He gave me a script for something to kick my metabolism in the rear and I'll be seeing him once a month to monitor my weight. We will see... I guess it's good to hear that my blood is good, just discouraging that there is no reason why my weight is at a total standstill despite doing all the right things. Oh well. I sound more down than I am. I'm actually feel good (despite being in bed with my Benadryl lol)

Everyone have a good day!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations on 1 month, Fallow!

Congratulations on 18 months, Tamerua!

Old 06-16-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Oh my gosh! Thanks Courage!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

congrats on 18 months courage and 1 month Fallow.

Didn't get the job so now I feel insecure, rejected, unwanted and a failure. Even though I knew I hadn't got it you still hope a bit. Now the old insecurities are having a great time.Times like this I just want to get pissed and out of it
Old 06-16-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm sorry, Ready. It's that old roller-coaster of hopes & dreams & reality. It's hard but you'll be ok -- you're a smart, thoughtful, competent woman, and everything you had going for you before the application, you still have, and more.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

thanks courage,I'll be ok.just feel ive made a fool of myself even going for it
Old 06-16-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats fallow and Tam

Ready - I don't think you made a fool of yourself at all - I hope you'll decide to go for more

hey Courage

D
Old 06-16-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

A quick post to say that my depression is lifting thankfully and I am feeling more energetic and positive! I am attending more meetings too so its all helping. Thanks for your support despite my long absence from class!
Old 06-16-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Dee! How are you?

Hi Marria, I'm glad that the meds & meetings are helping.

Hi Tam, when is the allergist? Did they give you an epi-pen? Drs wanted me to get one once because of an alarming attack of hives, but it was back when I was drinking, and I was just too out of it.

Hi Ready, try not to fret too much. I know that's impossible. Maybe give yourself a slice of cake with ice cream tonight & curl up with a silly movie and Ready Jr?

Hi Tazzle in Yellowstone!

Hi Fallow, how are you feeling?

Hi Gonzo if you're lurking!

Hi Alice -- what's the most recent adventure?

I'm pretty tense, myself. Everyone and everything sets my teeth on edge. I walked out of an AA meeting tonight. Maybe I should have stayed and vented, but they don't need that. This is what happens to me when I go 3 days without working. I'd better find something to absorb my attention -- especially since I essentially don't have to "go in to work" for the next 14 months. Good god, what have I gotten myself into? I have plenty of work to do but no structure, no schedule, and no reason to start.

Minder is around but she's irritated me. FS thinks I should take a writing course but the instructor she's identified is a shady character and I just don't think I want to deal with her. Ah, luxury problems!
Old 06-16-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bit of a struggle lately Courage - a couple of falls, but nothing serious thank goodness.
left me a bit shaken tho.

Always happens around the change of season into winter - noone can ever explain that...LOL

D
Old 06-16-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm sorry to hear that -- it sounds scary. I hope you get level again soon, heck, I wish you were already as steady on your feet as you are mentally & emotionally. ((Dee))
Old 06-16-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

me too

D
Old 06-16-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'll lend you some limber if you'll lend me some sane
Old 06-16-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator