Notices

Class of March 2013 part 24

Old 02-11-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Shoes, in honor of Westminster, I thought you like these!430673_333787863309758_1937346902_n.jpg
Old 02-11-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Oh, Budd, they are soooo cute!!!! I want a pair!!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Oh, man... $2,100 a pair. Slightly out of my price range!!
Old 02-11-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers We had water coming out of the sky last night, not much of it and not for long but it was a good experience. Toots you've had a pipe burst already? It must be real then when people talk about water pipes bursting right, left and centre in the States. What is "baffies" short for?

I'm running through this morning so have a good and sober day peeps.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
Shoes, in honor of Westminster, I thought you like these!Attachment 21225
Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Oh, Budd, they are soooo cute!!!! I want a pair!!
Ken I'll just admire them, I won't ask for a pair. Shoes and Toots would be striding along gracefully, I'd be staggering and falling behind like the proverbial drunk. (Been there, done that even in flats.)
Old 02-11-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

OMG I love those. How cute are they? avatar change for awhile me thinks. Save my Life present for future rotation.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey Meso! 50 days! Whoop whoop!

Congrats on double ones Budd and Marcher!

Happy valentines day to you We! Perfect timing.

Hi LP! Glad the mascara wand is back in business. You can talk politics with me. I don't follow it much so I could learn something. Love the hair btw. You really are a pretty lass.

Gilmer..you crack me up. I will never look at croquet the same way again. Lol.

Jeez. We are amazons Duff. Lol. I think I actually used to be closer to 5'10 back in the day. But I went to the doctor the other day and they measured me. Officially 5'9 stocking feet.
I wonder how my blood work will come back. It was always normal when I drank. I'm not going to be happy if something is goofy now. I forgot to fast so who knows. Put cream in my coffee for crying out loud. Oh well. Not the first time I've forgot about that one.

My job is killing me. Seriously. I'm not going to complain because if I start I won't stop but let's just say I've never worked so hard before. And that's all I'm saying.

I got nothing. I'm tired. Love the shoes. Love the dog show too. One of my favorite movies is that comedy Best In Show. I think that's one funny movie.

xoxo
Old 02-11-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Oh oh! This cracks me up too...so first time at new doctor. Fill out the gazillion papers. All pretty good habits going sans that smoking one but the funny thing was nurse left my chart in the room and while she was gone I looked at it...I always do that. I had to see a tooth a dentist pulled once too. Couldn't resist.

Anyway, chart says...well groomed, well rounded socially, happy disposition. Hahaha! I'm normal!! Or at least that's what I give off first impression...which beats the sh*t out of what they probably used to say...smells like cheap wine...really? couldn't put on a clean sweatshirt?...yeah, have fun with this one Doc.

I'm still laughing.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hahaha, Shoes! I would have sneaked a peak too -- that description sums up how I picture you in real life -- happy and sociable and of course "well groomed."

Complain away about work if it will help -- do you think you'll stay in that job or look for a new one?

I have a complaint about that blasted dog show! I stayed up way past my bed time because they had the terrier class go dead last and neither the scottie nor the westie one!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

I'm going to have some Sassy time today - need a break from the heartbreak. Making slow progress on downsizing/organizing - just call me the tortoise not the hare :-). But progress it still is.

Shoes, I agree with Duff about that's how I picture you in real life.

Marcher, water coming out of the sky - wow!

Budd, love those shoes :-)

Toots, sorry to hear about the broken pipe incident. So far hasn't happened to me and hoping it never does.

I never thought it would be so hard to learn how to balance taking it easy with activities. I tend to throw myself into whatever I'm doing at 110% and that doesn't work well anymore. I'm still helping the family with the wee child with cancer but have been working on a bit of emotional distance. If I think about it too much it is unbearably heartbreaking. I can help in small ways but I can't "fix" things and getting too immersed isn't healthy for me. There are always more of life's little lessons to learn!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Oh Toots, I know not pleasant for you, but I did have a giggle re the broken pipe story.

It reminded me of when we were in Primary school. Everyone listened to Radio Clyde in the morning in anticipation. Every Winter they would read out notifications of schools that were closed for the day due to frozen pipes. I think in the seven years of primary school our pipes froze once, possibly twice. I still got a minimum of three days off every December/January courtesy of the prank callers!!!!

Baffies BTW are East coast not West, tho I do still know what you're talking about...........oh, and when did a lift become an elevator??? Told you, got my eyes on you!!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

WeHave, hope you enjoying some 'J' time, most def worth the long wait I presume

Budd, those shoes for Shoes are fantabulous, every girrrrrl should have a pair.........you're now giving North some competition when it comes to fab photo uploads!

Shoes, how cool are those shoes?!!!!!! I got confused for a nano second when you spoke about my haircut as I haven't changed ma avatar for ages............then I remembered ye olde Facebook, thank you for those kind compliments.

I feel I sound vain here sometimes as i'm always talking about mascara and looks. I assure you, I am so not vain. If anything, alcoholism has actually produced a vain character of my former self............because i'm spending as equal amount of money on products to help me 'cover up' last nights misdemeanours as I do on the alcohol itself!!!

Anyway...........more H2O, no ETOH and more exercise ='s more financial, physical and mental health savings; a win win situation, who would be stupid enough to not go down that route?!!!

Love to all Marchers.

LP x

BTW it's only 4am......a reminder to you all of the insomnia that comes in the early days, you def don't want to go back there!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey Toots, I wrote this to you in my Essay that I lost when the thread was closed;

"Not a good day to be a Celt.........but, always a good day to be a Celt.".........i'm sure you'll work that one out, doubt anyone else will, sorry for the secret talk folks, i'm just playing around with my now American/English-Scot?!!! LP x
Old 02-12-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...92325644030976

Hmmm can't tell if my pic will come through... But if so, these shoes are more my speed. In fact, if any of you would call me up and as what I'm wearing... It would be these. Lol
Old 02-12-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

It's nice to have j back!! Just sayin'... :$
Old 02-12-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers North are you out there? I have news for you and all you are other "far northerners". Last night we had to turn on the light at 7.30 because the sun was almost down which means it's headed your way. How's the humidity up north Dee? We've racked up 93% this morning so it's a bit steamy.

I've had this strange sensation for two days of smelling alcohol when no-one else can smell it. Not all the time but every now and then, how weird is that? It's got to be some sort of psychological thing with a year coming up, it's not a specific beverage I'm smelling like wine or beer, it's just an alcohol smell.

Have a good and sober day peeps.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi, everybody. We're about to get pummeled with snow! Last time we were supposed to get it, all we got was two days of rain. They claim this is going to be big. Our roads are already pre-coated.

I feel bad for the people down south, who don't have preparation--plus, they just got hit hard and were really immobilized. Are you guys getting anything in Florida, Ken and
Duff?

I was out with everybody else in my town at the supermarket. Had a hard time parking--and I got the next-to-the last cart! When I was halfway through my shopping, my heart sank--the lines were all halfway to the back of the store.

But by the time I was done, I managed to be the first person in some checker's line!

Today was a productive day, and I got everything done that I wanted to. That's rare!

Everybody sounds pretty good tonight.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post

Hmmm can't tell if my pic will come through... But if so, these shoes are more my speed. In fact, if any of you would call me up and as what I'm wearing... It would be these. Lol
you need to link to an image file wehav (.gif, .jpg etc)

keep safe and warm you snow people

D
Old 02-12-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post

Hey WeHav, what came through was a page with 20 pairs of boots on it -- I assume you don't have 20 pairs of boots or 20 pairs of feet
Happy to hear that you're happy that j is back :-)

Gilmer, every year up this way when the first of many snow storms hits, the stores get pretty busy. Then after the first, it all settles back down. But I do still remember when I lived in Delaware for 13 years - it was much harder driving in snow because nobody had a clue plus I think there is more ice on the roads in the mid-Atlantic region....
Old 02-12-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
It's got to be some sort of psychological thing with a year coming up, it's not a specific beverage I'm smelling like wine or beer, it's just an alcohol smell.
I get that with toilet bowl cleaner or rubbing alcohol Marcher. If I stuck my nose near a martini I swear I would just smell rubbing alcohol. Take out all the fruity goodness or flavors and that's really all you have left. There's a good use for it if you ever run across a bottle long forgot. Go clean a toilet with it.