Old 12-22-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Back seat!
Old 12-22-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats, Gilmer :-)
Old 12-22-2013, 10:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Was Dee wearing a red suit and a white beard when you got shotgun Gilmer?
Old 12-23-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just put this down in Post Your Mood With a Smiley, I had to post it here as well for Shoes!

Old 12-23-2013, 02:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Marcher, is that a dancing potato?!!

Just a quick one today but long enough to give a big shout out to our loyal sober Marchers
Old 12-23-2013, 03:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL sadly I don't need the white beard Marcher

D
Old 12-23-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Well done on 10 months Wehav, it's been great sharing with you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (25.2 KB, 63 views)
Old 12-23-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Dee have a wonderful Christmas man, see you when you get back here. X
Old 12-23-2013, 03:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello Marchers! Santa is on his way!! He's going to stop by Marcher's and Dee's long before he reaches Florida - how exciting!!

I did my last minute large purchases yesterday and today I wrap! We have a birthday the day after Christmas - my eldest son and no! I did not plan it that way for the poor boy. We had his birthday party Saturday and he had the time of his life - 9 of his best buddies running around and having fun.

Still fighting that AV and cravings. SO, while it saddens me, I've cancelled our plans to celebrate my best friend's birthday tonight and I'll stay home and wrap instead. I am just feeling too fragile and I know she will forgive me.

DD, Budd, Babs -- where are you guys??

Wehav, hope you and your nephew enjoyed your drive to the beach in your cool convertible - doesn't get much better than that!

Toots, still cracking about the camp and hunt -seriously! Thank you for a much needed laugh.

To all of our Marchers - have a wonderful day!!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Duff, I'm glad you are taking care of yourself and avoiding what would be difficult situations. There will be many more holidays in the future and opportunities to celebrate your best friend's birthday. True best friends try hard to understand our limitations.

My offspring's birthday is also the day after Christmas. IMHO, that's worse than on Christmas. When she was young, her friends were too tired or too busy playing with their new toys to want to come to a birthday party. We tried various solutions, each of which seemed to work for a time and then we had to figure it out all over again!
Old 12-23-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey, good morning. Thank you, thank you everyone for your love and support. I had no internet access over the weekend, so just reading this morning. I'm home for a few days, then back down to Mom.
On my way down, she asked me to bring some wine. So I went to a liquor store and bought a big bottle and took to her house...And we NEVER opened it. She already had some she was drinking, and I didn't join her, so she didn't drink any more. I DIDN'T JOIN HER. Just sayin'... Helped her organize her meds, ohmygod, she has so many freaking pills to take, plus breathing meds, and she's coughing a lot again. What kind of whacky backass greedy surgeon would agree to put her under general anesthesia at all? No offense to whacky backass greedy surgeons. None at all.
big breath...

I have a funny funny. It will show you just how easily I can laugh at myself. And admit when I'm completely daft. Blonde and daft:

I read a statistic and decided to share it with my smarta$$ son, to prove how smart I am. This is it. I said it to him, with a straight, smug, know-it-all face last night:

"Studies have shown that blondes are smarter than 50% of all brunettes."

I will not get into his IMMEDIATE reaction. It was appropriate, however...

Toots, sent you an email. Love.

Today, I begin making my Christmas Eve Gumbo. It will be Crab and Shrimp this year, but I may throw in some Grouper if I can get it from my butcher. It will take hours and hours to make, which will keep me occupied. I will blare hard rock music in the kitchen and sing in the key of J flat, to everyone's holiday merriment. Joyful noise? Oh, yeah...

Shoes, a holiday cruise sounds like perfection to me. Hot/cold rainy tornado weather here. Have I mentioned I miss living in Florida???

LP, thank you. I am strong. I am iron man. I am lying. My nerves of steel, frayed a bit. But, this is how I go on, the only way I know that works for me. Because I've never had anyone to pick me up off the floor when I fall, I'll stay down until I drag myself up. Better not to fall down, for me. My head takes over until my heart catches up. Broken hearts take longer of course. I'm not broken yet. Frayed and chipped maybe? Doesn't that just add character? Smile and hug, you tiny coo!

wehav, 10 months, very cool.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes, Joy, frayed and chipped do add character, lol! I know it's hard right now but I also know that you have the strength and spirit to get through this! (((hugs)))
Old 12-23-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 months WeHave and congrats to our own Iron Joy.

I actually had a nice time at the in-law reunion once I got there and stopped freaking out. There were a few awkward moments when I just stood there with no one to talk to because my husband was working the circuit and my parents-in-law left after making a very brief appearance. But only one in-law was obviously drunk, and the in-laws who have been posting on FB in praise of Duck Dynasty (long, stupid story, those of you not in the States) and their strong morals kept their mouths shut around me. I do butch-up for this event and wear a gun-revealing Tee (guns are muscles, not literally guns) in spite of the cold.

So lesson learned. I have to stop looking down my nose at others, stop being a narcissistic alkie with an inferiority complex. This is a lesson I will constantly struggle with...

Big love to all Marchers and their pets!
Old 12-23-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ah, North, you and me both. I am guilty of being a snob and anticipating the worst about people. I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself and doubly glad that your in-laws were able to keep their opinions to themselves.

Sass! You too! So you know what it's like. By the day after Christmas everyone's had it. I feel bad for him but he doesn't seem to mind yet. We had his party Saturday and al of his favorite buddies were able to come - so he was happy.

Joy! Good to see you! I know you're feeling "frayed and chipped" but you're doing great. Thinking of you and your mom!
Old 12-23-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 1 AGAIN.

I am at a loss to explain this to myself or anyone else. So much for my recommitment.

I am facing the very strong possibility of having to move home to my parents'.

Someone just shoot me, seriously. What a loser.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello Marchers. I'm doing ok---It's a bad time of year to lose loved ones for sure. I have just been told of a friend from school that just passed away suddenly and also some friends that have lost there 4 legged friends. 4 dogs in one week!!!! How can that be?
well, I'm doing just fine and darn glad to be sober.
Congratulations WeHave----10 months is a long time.
Hi Twin, I'm doing great and glad to hear things are coming around for you. Has anyone heard from Chuff?
Hello Toots,Sass,Duff,North,Courage,Joy,Dee,Gilmer, shoes and I'm sorry I know I have forgot some of you but, I wish you all the best. Hugs to all of you.
Babs
Old 12-23-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi, everybody! Checking in from McDonalds!
Old 12-23-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Marcher

Mesoso... You came here, so not a loser!

I need some help, uh, girls... I'm trying to find some new jeans and I know Duffster and someone mentioned some they really liked. I don't remember the label, but I need it. I don't like mine, and they are too big anyway. As long as they don't cost more than $200. So if you guys remember that conversation... please advise. ASAP. Shopping now. Thank you!