Notices

Class of March 2013 - Part 22

Old 12-23-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Marcher

Oh, and I need them in petite. Sorry this is not very recovery oriented, but I did read it here first.
And I hate shopping.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Retail therapy needs to be taken seriously Joy! I think Marcher mentioned a make a few threads back

Mesoso if sobriety was simple we wouldn't need SR and AA and countless other aids to quit. You are here, so you still want help and you still want to stop, so that is a start. Stick close over the next few days, tell us what's been happening and we will see what can be done to support you to find a way.

Babs, sorry hon, lots of losses in your world at the moment, I'm glad you are handling them all sober

We now have a date for the funeral, Hogmanay (31st) in the morning. Then we literally and figuratively look to the future.

Thank you all for your continuing support.thanks for the email Joy, will write back soon. Oh I saw jus the car for you., I will post the pic after this.

One more day to your three week holiday Marcher!!!

Hey Sass. How do you celebrate?

Does anyone have personal contact with DD? I pm'd him but no reply. I hope he's ok.

I did get an email from Chuff, he is having some personal issues. I'm hoping he'll come back soon.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Joy

Meso - you're not a loser...but whatever you're doing to stay sober doesn't seem to be working?

What do you think you can tweak or add to make this sobriety thing stick?

D
Old 12-23-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congratulations Joy

Meso - you're not a loser...but whatever you're doing to stay sober doesn't seem to be working?

What do you think you can tweak or add to make this sobriety thing stick?

D
I knew you would probably ask me that, and I have tried to think of an answer. Something obviously isn't working even though I have been posting here. But I am clearly not working a solid program. Actually, I just thought of something. I need to be here DAILY and wonder if it wouldn't help me to set a sobriety alarm on my phone to make me mindful. Or set aside 30 minutes at a specific time every day to reflect on my sobriety and what it means to me.

It would be like showering or brushing my teeth.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it helps to to try and work out why you drink MeSo - stress, boredom, whatever - once you work that out, you can find other, healthier, positive ways to deal with those things?

oh and posting here before you drink...it's likely to tick you right off, lol - but it can also set you free
D
Old 12-23-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think it helps to to try and work out why you drink MeSo - stress, boredom, whatever - once you work that out, you can find other, healthier, positive ways to deal with those things?

oh and posting here before you drink...it's likely to tick you right off, lol - but it can also set you free
D
I have expended a lot of mental energy trying to nail down the reasons that I drink. I honestly don't know. I love the high and then watching TV or escaping into a book. I was talking to a friend this morning who is also getting sober, and she said her most recent drinking episode was triggered out of nowhere. I have often felt that the same happens to me. The urge just hits and there I seem to go.

This might sound bogus but I think living alone lets me think I can drink and no one will know. And for a long time, few people DID know. Now almost everyone knows I have a serious problem.

I have meant what I said about being committed to sobriety, but my actions indicate otherwise. I just have to keep trying. Someone here at SR told me in a private message that I should just keep trying and eventually it would just click. For a while last year I kept a sobriety journal but that didn't last.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
I need some help, uh, girls... I'm trying to find some new jeans and I know Duffster and someone mentioned some they really liked. I don't remember the label, but I need it. I don't like mine, and they are too big anyway. As long as they don't cost more than $200. So if you guys remember that conversation... please advise. ASAP. Shopping now. Thank you!
JAG!!!! Best jeans ever!!!!!! Good luck...
Old 12-23-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's cool enough here that we might have a white Christmas like North and some of you, it's just 18C this morning!

MeSo sweet girl: two things work for me which may help you. I come to SR everyday, every day, preferably morning and evening. I check in with my Marchers, gratitude and Newcomers, it grounds me, it reminds me I am an alcoholic and that I must be vigilant. Secondly, I anticipate any situation where I might be tempted to drink and I make sure I have something good to drink. Those on top of my committment NOT to drink seem to work so far.

Joy the Jeans Duff and I wear are JAG, I got petites for way less than $US200 and our prices are much higher than yours.

Have a good and sober day peeps.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yo Duff, we posted in the same minute!!
Old 12-23-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Maybe it's time to widen what you're doing MeSo- have you thought of AA or some other recovery group? (rhetorical question - I'm about to leave town )

I think support is even more important if you're living alone.

D
Old 12-23-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Yo Duff, we posted in the same minute!!
Great minds think alike
Old 12-23-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Marcher, is that a dancing potato?!!
Sassy, Sassy, Sassy! It's a dancing mango. Everyone says Tis the season so I thought I'd be seasonal, I'm eating a mango a day right now.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

MeSo, we've all tried to quit many times before we got here, It didn't work for any of us. The trick is to learn something and continue quitting, it will stick!

Been pretty busy lately, slow time at work customer wise, but that means busy for cleaning and fixing things.

Had the Useless Secret Santa party on Saturday, it was lots of fun. I gave my person a broken bowling ball, perfectly useless for someone who doesn't bowl!

I was also in charge of the "food"? for the party. I wont get into details but will say that nobody wanted any take away bags. ( That was on purpose, as the club had their regular party after ours) Joy, you would have killed me!

Wednesday, I have a buddy of mine bringing over his dogs to play with Jezebel. Hoping to get some good pics of them. Jez is just getting over her first heat cycle and will be going in for spaying in early January.

Was getting a little annoyed with people demanding I stop by for Xmas. I understand their intentions however I don't celebrate it and really don't want to be around other people's entire families, just not my thing!

Busy day tomorrow, must get yard cleaned up for doggie play date!

Joy, that Gumbo sounds delicious, I wont insult you by saying I use the canned stuff (gross). Hey, can you drop some off here? I know its a little out of your way, but the way you've described your driving, you'll get here in no time. Plus it'll be about 80 degrees!

Marcher, enjoy your 3 weeks! You deserve it!!!

Toots, my thoughts are with you and your family. When you get to Boston, you realize it will be the worst weather for the year. But spring won't be far off.

Everyone take care, and have a safe and sober Xmas!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Sassy, Sassy, Sassy! It's a dancing mango. Everyone says Tis the season so I thought I'd be seasonal, I'm eating a mango a day right now.
Ok, now I think I've heard it all ... Dancing bananas (not too weird) and now a dancing mango that looks like a dancing potato.... Marcher, I definitely think you are overdue for that 3-week break.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Was anyone else lucky enough to catch the "famous Idaho potato bowl" on TV saturday night?? Well, I was thanks to my visiting nephews -- and the mascot was a big dancing potato!! Hilarious and really darn cute. But definitely not as cute as a dancing mango
Old 12-23-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

MeSo, you've got lots of experienced Marchers here besides the almost ever-present Dee. I like Marcher's approach to staying sober. I do think each of us needs to find what works for us. Are you reading/posting on other threads besides this one? If not, it might help to keep coming here and also post in the newest monthly thread - a new one will be starting up on January 1st. It helped me to post with the "old" hands and also those still struggling mightily. Many of us have tried to quit over and over. It's not easy and takes careful thinking about how to get your mind to work with you instead of against you. Once people get in the groove, so to speak, it's easy to forget how much they struggled when they started, too - or struggled before they got to SR. Good luck - I'll be thinking of you!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Just wanted to thank all of you for your kind words of support. This is such a great group of people so caring toward one another. Wish I could know you all in real life.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:43 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Hi all.

I'm still around. I just needed to take a break from the internet for a bit. Just been thinking about a lot of stuff. Year in retrospect, I guess. I'm fine though. Trying to focus more on getting my sh*t together in the real world.

Honestly, this site gets to me a little bit, sometimes. Not in a resentful way or anything. I just know how tough this disease can be and it hurts to see so many people struggling.

Thoughts and prayers out to Toots, Joy and Babs. Wishing you all the best as you deal with trying times.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:01 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
Mesoso... You came here, so not a loser!

I need some help, uh, girls... I'm trying to find some new jeans and I know Duffster and someone mentioned some they really liked. I don't remember the label, but I need it. I don't like mine, and they are too big anyway. As long as they don't cost more than $200. So if you guys remember that conversation... please advise. ASAP. Shopping now. Thank you!
True Religion........they're def at the top end of the scale when it comes to $'s, can pay up to $500 here in Oz but I always put an order in if anyone's going to the States to bring me back a pair. They're def much cheaper over there.

I get "Julie" - two stitch.........absolutely perfect for Petites.

I've tried Jag in the past but still never managed to get a pair that fit my skinny thighs and legs.

I'm a bit late with this reply so hope you found something. Nice to see you back posting. Jx
Old 12-24-2013, 03:13 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

MeSo, i've had more slips than santa's reindeers! I keep coming back, I come back because, long term sobriety is what I truly know is what I want.

I can't give the reasons also for why I drink, I too also live alone. Doesn't makes sense does that, sticking to a poison that makes a large majority of poison dependant people self isolate.......combine that with with a potentially isolated living situation to begin with........doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what that leads then leads on to.....

You are still coming back, that's what matters, if you are here, it is because you want to be and who better to be here with, than with such a strong community as SR and in particular, these Marchers who have been down that same struggle street, and for many more times than once.

LP x