Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 21

Old 12-22-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you had a good night Plenny - hope the rest of Christmas brings you joy with no shark attacks

D
Old 12-22-2013, 02:43 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hey Plenny

Well done on staying sober. Best of luck with the sharks. Bring this with you:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
shark.jpeg (7.9 KB, 43 views)
Old 12-22-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

I am up early today still thinking about last night I had such a good time sober only 1 time did I think about drinking when my old friends had a new batch of apple pie creek liquor but I've made it past that temptation. I've invited my new friend from a a to go to the football game with me today. I'm enjoying sobriety
Old 12-22-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Melina you sound like your a great chef and I bet it is a privilege to work with you and also to be able to eat the food. The only person this job does not sound good for is melina please take care of yourself. If you ever wanna learn how to cook some hillbilly food holler .
Old 12-22-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

I bet shrimp and grits would go over big time in chicago.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

French sharks in New York City does Bloomberg no of this?
Old 12-22-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Wow, tons to catch up on, well I did, actually. Tough to comment to everyone from my phone and I have just been joined by some others in the kitchen. I had fun, but I eventually did have one and a quarter glasses of wine. Just to many hours of starting at glasses and bottles but there was only that much left and no new bottles got opened and I did not open any more. Oh well. Considering past situations here, that is actually successful. It was hard to get on here due to socializing. I would have looked very rude off on my phone somewhere. That said, I think it would have prevented me drinking that wine.

I am up early, was up at 6:45, so have had some time to be reading here. I needed it. These are my meetings.

I am so proud of all of you getting through the parties completely sober! Truly.

A big challenge with hubby's family is that they discuss alcohol and the beers and scotch and such add nauseam! It is weird, and rather tortuous for someone not drinking! Boring as hell too. But it makes it rather hard to distract myself.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

No cleaning yesterday. Two days left! Let's hope I do some today.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hugs everyone! Worked last night and on the train to my family now. Good luck with the sharks Plenny. Great news Fishy . Rochele, it was just a glass and you stopped after that, it's good . I also suffer if my company keep going on and on about drinks. It's boring and potentiellt aggravating. Just keep swimmin'! I am starting to wonder, perhaps there is a life worth Living sober when the world around you keeps drinking.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

~~~Dilemma Update...Sober Success~~~

Good morning SR,
Just wanted to update you guys on my night last night. I had a phenomenal time with food, friends and festivities last night. I stayed at the function for 3 hours and drank mostly ginger beer and Sprite and ate well. Although, liquor was present I was not tempted and no one offered me drinks and didn't comment to the fact that I wasn't drinking. I really njoyed myself and had a great sober evening.

Again, I thank you guys for the positive inputs and support last night and now I'm off to njoy the morning with some spiritual renewal and a great workout and meet a great friend for brunch. Njoy the day and make the rest of the day the best of the day. Having a wonderful sober December 2 remember.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

~~~Food for thought ~ Super Sober Sunday Edition~~~
~~~Never Ever Give Up~~~

Imagine yourself to be the type of person you want to be , and then be it. You may have to let go of some bad habits and develop some more positive ones, but don't give up - for it is only in trying and persisting that dreams come true.

Expect changes to occur, and realize that the power to make those changes comes from within you. Your thoughts and actions , your choices and decisions , and the way you spend your time will ultimately determine who you are and who you will become.

You are capable and worthy of being and doing anything. You just need the discipline, vision, perserverance and determination to see it through. It won't come instantly , and you may backslide from time to time ,but don't let that deter you. Never give up.

Life is an ever - changing process , and nothing is final. Therefore , each moment and every new day is a chance to begin anew. ~Barbara Cage~
Old 12-22-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Ok got the dusting done. Need a rest now.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
Ok got the dusting done. Need a rest now.
Of all the housework I can think of, dusting is my least favorite. It's not difficult, just boring and tedious. You deserve that rest, UI.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Great to hear that you had a good tine Blkdiesel
Old 12-22-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Ok got my shark repellent, thanks Kaneda!!

Le sharks are actually out of town... I'm swimming to them now. So I'll be out of signal, and afloat in lawless waters.

I'll write when I can

Thanks for all of the encouragement

If I don't connect with you before, I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Good luck Plenny! At my parents house had some soda while family had champagne.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

BLK, soooo glad it worked out!!!

Sometimes, we are stronger than we think. :-)
Old 12-22-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

BLK and Fish, I am so happy for you guys! Well done, both of you. It is really encouraging to hear this from both of you. Fish, have a blast at the game. Panthers are up 7-6 right now. Hope they lengthen that lead and hold it.

Rochele, it really is so boring to hear people go on and on about alcohol. Shortly after I stopped drinking my husband and I were invited to a dinner party and the host is a wine distributor. He waxed poetic about all the notes in the wine he was serving and how they matched the food, blah blah blah. Luckily I was on my pink cloud and I was just so proud of myself for not drinking. Had I been at the same party last night I would've either smacked the guy or grabbed the bottle and chugged! Maybe both.

We got a bunch of snow last night and it is beautiful! By some miracle my kids let me sleep in this morning, maybe because of my ranting last night they figured they would let the sleeping beast lie. Either way, I am feeling much better today. Wrapped about half the gifts this morning and the Packers play in a little while. Leftover chili for dinner.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!
Old 12-22-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Big well done to Black and Fish, great going guys. The good thing about it for me is that both of you enjoyed your nights out without the drink- it inspires me and proves it can be done- thank you.

Ive had a good, sober day went to an aa meeting in the morning and finished off xmas shopping, I then went and saw all the mates that I missed seeing Friday night, went round to their houses and gave them cards and had a coffee with them separately. Wrapped some presents up before and feel generally happy.

Got a bottle of wine to deliver to a mate and his wife in a bit- ive had it here for over a week now and it doesn't tempt me at all- was never a wine drinker- it will seem strange carrying it to his place though, ive already prepared my excuses if he asks me in for a drink- he doesn't know the extent of my problem.

Having kids all day tomorrow, looking forward to that, then back up to the farm xmas eve.

I'l check in later to let you know how the wine delivery goes!
Old 12-22-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

ForumRunner_20131222_181459.jpg