Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 11

Old 10-20-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Ok, the self-pity is done. I feel strangely calm and relaxed. Bizarre. Here I am, middle aged, nasty mortgage, mouths to feed and I feel quite chilled out. Cant figure that one out

Thanks for your kind words Clemence but the truth is somewhere inbetween. They werent happy with me and they wanted to cut costs. Voila !

I even had to cheer up my partner who was more upset than me !

Maybe I am just going nuts or at a weird part of the roller coaster

I guess it must be you dear Septemberites that is keeping me strong! Thank you for your kind words, they mean so much to me.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Kaneda im sooo sorry to heae your news
Black sorry the weekend didn't go well Ive been thinking about you
Old 10-20-2013, 11:43 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Welcome newbee My h would have poured me drink as I was easier to live with drink than sober (he doesn't drink) and im not going to today
Old 10-21-2013, 12:15 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hey y'all. I'm checking in, tired, hungry, insomniac here....

Why???

Ugh
Old 10-21-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Plenny

You're hungry. Eat some carbs, they will help your body to relax and sleep. Try to relax and rest your eyes. Breathe from your belly and let the stress go !
Old 10-21-2013, 12:57 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hey guys back at it today and not really talking to my family just not in the form for saying anything to them right now. going to work in my local Alzheimer shop for the morning to help them out. I do this every year from now to Christmas for a few shifts a week.

will call back in later.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I buggered everything up tonight on my 40th anniversary.
Think I'm dong so well..and then...no
Old 10-21-2013, 01:30 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

shouda read some eternal's wisdom but i really dont know what happened
Old 10-21-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

why why why...oh my god....does this always happen?
Old 10-21-2013, 03:19 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hooped

What happened ? Are you ok ?
Old 10-21-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hooped, are you okay? Care to share a bit more?

Space, take rehab!!! I have a brother-in-law who did a one year rehab, twice, in fact. It was wonderful for him both times, even though he relpased and did it a second time. His was enforced by the law, so he had literally no choice. But he is the best he has ever been.

Nice people get addictions, and nice people sometimes have concurrent mental health issues they self medicate and it makes them very vulerable to addictions. This was the case for my brother-in-law. By being in a program that was long-term, they sorted out some serious mental health issues he never knew he had. Bipolar with mania. So, he is a funny, super energetic guy who used drugs to self medicate(and drinking, but a particular street drug was his real trouble). He has a new life. A nice partner, they share a house and have a nice life together.

A year in rehab will give you a solid program to maintain for life. and you do need to keep with it. You are not finished ever once you walk out those doors. That never changes for any of us.

I hope you go and I hope you get well and come back to tell us!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi guys, sorry to hear a few of us are having a hard time lately, glad youre remaining upbeat about redundancy Kaneda changes are inevitable in sobriety I guess and we have to just accept things even when they seem unjust. Glad your keeping active and positive too Black helping others does help us get out of our own head. Hope your ok Hooped and stick with us. I cant really give advice Space im so confused about what to do with my future that I can just keep it in the day for now.

As for me well im tired and look like I haven't slept for a week but im grateful to be sober.
Im feeling up one hour down the next so just giving time time. Planning on going to an aa meeting everyday this week. Itl mean seeing the girl ive fallen for and feeling jealous every time she talks to another man but hoping this will pass in time- I cant afford to stay away out of my own insecurity and feelings- that's exactly what this disease wants- for me to isolate and have my head run wild, do find it hard to just relax and go with the flow but again hoping this too will pass.

Wish I could switch my emotions off and concentrate on my sobriety its what I know the common sense and sensible thing to do is but I cant stop feelings just grit my teeth and get through them, it was what caused my last relapse- things were going great but emotions of the heart were unbearable to handle and I drank on them, how do I move on and try and get past this hurdle???? How long will it take for me to get over? I don't know and im scared of the answer!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Last time I will bug you guys...

There was no june 13 group by the time I reconnected here in july.

Anyway, I wanted to further clarify my post last night to space.

I don't see this as a decision to go to rehab for a year...or a month, or not.

It is a very simple decision to ACCEPT that you need and want to go because your life has become unmanageable and a willingness to accept help.

Another reason that I pop on here is to catch up on Hooped. Hooped, do you remember me from Novi 10 class. Long story and a couple relapses later I returned here in June. I have been meaning to PM you to say Hi. So, I will say Hi here.
Sorry for your relapse...but, hey, you came back here right away. Not pitching you here, but after years of thinking AA wasn't for me I went with an open mind, not looking for faults, or at my differences on June 3rd. Within a few days I found it opened my heart. Since then I have been to more than 125 meetings. The fellowship is my Higher Power for now...that works for many, especially in early stages.
It is so cool that you came back so soon. I need to run now, but I will PM you later my old Novi 10 buddy. Perhaps we can exchange a few emails about the old days, and more importantly, our current paths to freedom. So good to see you. Just get back on track...TODAY!!

Sorry to impose, Sept's...was insomnia last night.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

~~~Food for Thought ~ Weekday Edition~~~
~~~The Ways 2 "Be"...~~~

When you wake up to a new day, BE grateful for another chance.
When others take the easy road, BE the one who takes the right road.
When something must be done, BE proactive.
When several possibilities present themselves, BE decisive with your priorities.
When achieving something is important to you, BE open about it and go for it.
When the work seems overwhelming, BE concerned only with the next small step.
When worries cross your mind, BE sure to focus on what you can control.
When real problems arise, BE ready to address them upfront.
When mistakes are made, BE okay with them and learn from them.
When you have something to say, BE willing to speak up.
When what has been done in the past still isn’t working, BE the needed change.
When doubt is lingering in your mind, BE confident in your abilities.
When others have a different opinion, BE open to new ideas.

#BEGREAT

(Again, sorry for the slow check in's but been very busy with multiple projects on my plate. Been so productive that sobriety has just been a plus off it so haven't had any chances really to drink or to think about it...My environment has changed soooo much. Anyhoo, Will check back in later on I have a world to conquer in a day lol lol ...Thank God its Monday!!! #Welcome2OctSober)
Old 10-21-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone.
I havent had time to post lately but I have been reading.

Kaneda, sorry to hear about the job. Sounds like it might be a mixed blessing? I hope you can continue to feel confident about it.

Hooped, I am worried. What happened? We are here for you when you are ready to sort it all out.

1Step, I am sorry you are hurting. I don't have the answers for you, but you are doing the right things by staying sober, going to meetings, and checking in here. Sometimes we have to go on automatic pilot and just do what we know is the right thing, even when it doesn't make sense or feel good. Hang in there. You are fighting hard and you will make it. It will get better.

Everyone else, I have been reading and thinking about you all!

I went to my friend's 50th bday party and stayed sober. I can't say it was the best time of my life, but I acted like it was for her sake. Yesterday there was talk on here about feeling out of place. That is exactly how I felt. I need to make some friends who don't drink. Like many of you, I have't checked out AA yet, but I might sometime soon. Lillian, your advice helped a lot in helping me feel like there wasn't something wrong with me when I wanted to leave the party. I couldn't leave then because I had driven with several friends who were drinking and having a great time. Didn't want to be the wet blanket with a bunch of angry drunks back at the hotel! But I was aware of how I was feeling and your words kept me sane. The worst part was when the party was over but no one wanted to leave, so everyone just stood around, drunk, talking for a half hour. Painful. But it was also really interesting to be the only sober person, watching a bunch of drunk people who thought they were hilarious. They were actually just saying the same 3 jokes over and over and then falling over laughing. Very illuminating! Also, embarrassing!

It's a new week. New challenges and new rewards. Keep your eyes open. Have a great one, everyone!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Don't like to post long messages to space cause I don't think he reads them. Go to rehab.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Originally Posted by spacestation View Post

I don't think i can handle rehab for a year, who the hell goes that long?

FML
I agree with what Renarde and others said.

I look at it this way:

Five weeks of in-patient treatment, followed by 13 months in a half-way house along with 20 years of regular attendance in AA bought me 30 years of mostly contented sobriety and a decent life.

But then, I was desperate.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Morning all! Today was the first time I've gone to bed before 2AM and woken up before 10AM in over 2 weeks! Woo hoo! Feels good. Bout to have some coffee and get my day started! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Originally Posted by IWLSAST View Post
Last time I will bug you guys...

Sorry to impose, Sept's...was insomnia last night.
Hey, nice to see you drop by, Carlos!

Old 10-21-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

IWLSAST ~ Please join us anytime you'd like. We are a bunch of people who want to be sober....personally I don't get hung up on dates. I liked what you wrote to Space. I liked it a lot actually.

thanks

And hello NewMe32! Glad you are here.