Notices

Class of September 2013 part 9

Old 10-09-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hope the test goes well today Renarde.
Good luck with the programme Fish
Congrats to so many of us reaching milestones in our sobriety
Black; I had a weekend challenge like that recently. Prepare yourself, think that first glass through to where it will inevitably lead. Think how happy you'll be at the end of the weekend if you don't have to start all over again. I did it; you can too.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:36 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, don't know why but at two weeks sober I feel down, im still putting important things off, im getting to a meeting everyday but im neglecting other stuff if that makes sense? Got my kids tomorrow overnight and have a lovely evening planned for sat night and all im thinking is why aren't I as happy as others in the meetings or on here? I know Im expecting too much too soon but this is a dangerous feeling ive got today and its best I get it out here.

Ive fallen for someone, tried to keep my emotions in check stay cool but like the drink I cant do moderation- things are going great with her but part of me feels unworthy and that part of me has led to me drinking in the past a sort of self sabotage in case I get more hurt down the line. I wish I could just go with the flow and I am trying believe me I am.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Morning everyone, don't know why but at two weeks sober I feel down, im still putting important things off, im getting to a meeting everyday but im neglecting other stuff if that makes sense? Got my kids tomorrow overnight and have a lovely evening planned for sat night and all im thinking is why aren't I as happy as others in the meetings or on here? I know Im expecting too much too soon but this is a dangerous feeling ive got today and its best I get it out here.

Ive fallen for someone, tried to keep my emotions in check stay cool but like the drink I cant do moderation- things are going great with her but part of me feels unworthy and that part of me has led to me drinking in the past a sort of self sabotage in case I get more hurt down the line. I wish I could just go with the flow and I am trying believe me I am.
Hey 1 step

I think its natural for you to have emotional swings during early sobriety. I've been informed that the body and mind goes through adjustments due to the absence of alcohol. I have days of being down or flat then followed by days of exuberance and happiness. I think its normal and not to be concerned about. In fact, I believe the old AA rule of not doing anything drastic in your life over the first 12 months makes a lot of sense. From all the shares I've heard in AA, it takes a while before we become 'normal'. That resonates with me given that I've been drinking for more than 20+ years !
Old 10-09-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

~~~Food For Thought ~ Weekday Edition ~~~
~~~Morning Appetizers ~ Final Cut~~~

(GMorning from NYC SR. Day 44 in progress...and these days are passing fast but very productive...training for a 5mile race so the mornings are busy with workouts and the evenings filled with work and personal development so my posts are going to be short and infrequent this week but will be checking in periodically. #Welcome2OctSober)

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

41. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

42. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

45. The best is yet to come.

46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

48. If you don't ask, you don't get.

49. Yield.

50. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Good luck on the test Renarde!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I also am feeling low th epast couple of weeks. Just low energy(geel maybe a cold and infection had something to do with it?), and have gotten NOTHING dnoe at home. Pure laziness. There. My confession. I hae managed to feed the family and clean up some dishes, but that is about it.

I need to get myself off my a$$ and at least exercise and tidy up a bit.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Good luck Renarde xx
Old 10-09-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Really busy morning at work so just catching up

Rochele and 1step my energy levels and moods are pretty low most of the time too also finding even if I am feeling good the least little thing will bring my confidence crashing down. Trying to combat it with positive thinking not easy hoping if I do this long enough it will become second nature.

Excercise bah that's a nasty word at the moment lol I have bought new joggers and t shirt to help with the motivation but so far they just messing up my back bedroom.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Good Morning All! Hit 4 weeks today, and I'm feeling good. Yesterday was tough and a reminder that while 28 days is awsome, I still have a long way to go. Read a lot of everyones posts and that kept me strong, so thank you. I also neglected the housework and went for what turned out to be a great jog last night. House is a bit of a disaster, but oh well. Good luck with the training BLKDIESEL. And hope you feel better 1step and rochele.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChrisBen View Post
Good Morning All! Hit 4 weeks today, and I'm feeling good. Yesterday was tough and a reminder that while 28 days is awsome, I still have a long way to go. Read a lot of everyones posts and that kept me strong, so thank you. I also neglected the housework and went for what turned out to be a great jog last night. House is a bit of a disaster, but oh well. Good luck with the training BLKDIESEL. And hope you feel better 1step and rochele.
Well done on 4 weeks - am 6 days behind you
Old 10-09-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
I forgot to mention earlier, I am one month sober today! 30 days.
Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
I did not know what an ulster fry was till this week now I want to try it I found a local restaurant in Charlotte I'm going to stop Saturday morning and have an ulsterFri
Lucky. Tons of Irish people in my state but not an Ulster fry restaurant to be found.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

25 days today.

Hey 1step I'm not really feeling down but I wouldn't say I'm real happy either. The nights of not drinking feel monotonous and dull. The only thing keeping me in this is remembering the other 80% of the time when I feel better.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Awesome Chrisben!

Yay for 25, UI!

Old 10-09-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
25 days today.

Hey 1step I'm not really feeling down but I wouldn't say I'm real happy either. The nights of not drinking feel monotonous and dull. The only thing keeping me in this is remembering the other 80% of the time when I feel better.
Way to go uninvited you rock
Old 10-09-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Way to go on the 28 days I made the 28 day but I didn't make it to 29 but you will you're a rockstar
Old 10-09-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post

Lucky. Tons of Irish people in my state but not an Ulster fry restaurant to be found.
I checked five different Irish restaurants in Charlotte they all had it what they call it the traditional Irish breakfast the only difference I think from the Fri is it doesn't have potato Farl haha autocorrect wanted to put potatoes fart
Old 10-09-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
Way to go on the 28 days I made the 28 day but I didn't make it to 29 but you will you're a rockstar

You will make it to 29, and beyond, Fish! I know it.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post

You will make it to 29, and beyond, Fish! I know it.
Starting to think the only way I will make it 29 days is 29 days after they chunk me in the ground
Old 10-09-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

First, appreciate the support on the training ChrisBen, I've done longer races before but this time I'm going for a personal best on the 5mile run so the workouts will be more intense. Secondly, congrats on the 28 days of sobriety the first month or 2 are the most problematic they say so stay focused. This forum is a safe haven filled with support, people and tools and resources. I'm glad that I came upon it. #Welcome2OctSober
Old 10-09-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
I wish you the best of luck and strength, Fish!

You can do it!

Keep us posted!
Thanks Melina your post always keep me up beat