Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 9

Old 10-08-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hello all,
Not been around much as been unwell so keeping it brief. How strange,when drinking I was often hungover but knew it would pass.Now sober,being ill is scary as I don't know when I'll feel better (feeling a bit sorry for myself )

You sound like me courage,I 'm not great with people either.I'm shy and insular and prefer my own company.Since getting sober I've realized there's nothing wrong with that and I no longer try to be someone I'm not. I feel more peaceful for accepting who I am.

Alice,hope your biopsy goes as well as can be expected. My thoughts are with you

Napster,good to see you back.Sorry about the circumstances but you're in the right place to get sober and must want to,deep down,or yo uwouldn't have come back. Good to see you

Hope you are ok Tam,ALice,Gonzo,tazzle,Sobermarathon & Dee

10 months for me today.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
p***enger

Huge congratulations, ReadyAtLast!

You're awesome!

Feel better soon -- we need you here every day!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Congrats on 10 months RAL!

Alice, hope you're ok and thinking about you!

Work then a much needed meeting. We had a newcomer the other day who shared her story, it was heartbreaking. She then asked if I could be her sponsor and I had to say no because my sponsor requires that you finish all the steps. I hope she comes back tonight. And my sponsor said to me the other day when I told her, you will be finished very soon. OMG, really?!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks courage and Tam

Great progress Tam that someone asked you to be their sponsor.It shows how far you've come
Old 10-08-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

RAL that's fantastic news on reaching 10 months!! I think it's a real milestone.... remember when double digits in days was an achievement let alone in months! I hope you feel better soon. I know what you mean about being more accepting of who you are now, it's like getting to know and like the real you all over again.

Napster how are you doing? Reading about your drinking was difficult as I hate the power drink has and the ugly destruction it causes. I'm thinking of you and I really hope you find the strength to stay sober day by day. One step after another, don't look too far ahead, you CAN do it.

How are you SoberMarathon? Doing well I hope!!

Best of wishes to you Alice, let us know how it all goes...

Hi Tam,Courage, Gonzo,Dee and everyone else posting or reading.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Marria,I'm so sorry I didn't mention you in mylast post. I'm always so consciousof naming people as always frget someone-it wasn't intentional

Thanks for your kind words-great point,remember 10 days,that seemed so long!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey Naptser! Pleased to see your post's, sorry about the content but life and circumstances are all individual and we all must find our own path and in our own way. Congrats to your son on his MC skills! My Harley doesn't do intentional jumping with or without ramps, sometimes just staying upright presents with its own challenges.
My boss and I just did the "I told you to do that/no you didnt/yes I did/no you didnt, dance. I have learned that when he tells me that, that he really didnt tell me and just thinks he did. sigh.
For what its worth my nasty little AV voice has been showing up more and more lately, not real sure why, but that bottle of wine (note that I didnt say glass) is having its appeal to me. Able to walk it off but have had some internal struggles with it. I know this sounds strange but sometimes threads here on the forum almost makes the AV louder, so I pick and choose. My fellow Decemberites however help keep me strong. Well i best get back to the grind, will check in later.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Sorry - quick check in before SO gets back from the shop (he's buying and cooking tonight

Biopsy went well. I'm a bit sore after being at work today, but not too much. They had trouble getting the sample, so it took a few more goes than we'd hoped (so it hurt a bit more than it should have).

I find out tomorrow. I'll let you guys know as soon as I can.

Much love to you all.

A. xx
Old 10-09-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Thinking of you Alice!

Off to work. One of my employees put in her notice, she wants to go to school full time and I am fairly certain that this job convinced her of it. I've been down a person for 6 months and they are holding my opening hostage (my words, not theirs of course) and I have a girl who will soon be out on maternity leave. Not sure what to do at this point. Sigh. I'm already working 60 - 70 hours a week. Don't want to drink but I can't say that I'm a pleasant person at the moment.

On that note. Lol hope everyone is having a good one. Napster, I've been thinking of you, hope you're doing ok and figuring out a plan.

Taz, smack that AV down.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
p***enger

Alice, thinking of you! I know what that's like -- "oh, we just need to take a little bit more (and a little bit more, etc)." Ouch!

Tam, how do you keep it up? I don't work nearly those hours but I'm exhausted all the time. I've been reading posts about people taking "mental health days" -- sounds like you need one.

Gonzo, you sound great -- very focused & sober. It's so nice to have a dude in this class -- hope you're not lonely amongst all us ladies.

Taz, I hope you will post here more often, especially if the AV's bugging you. I think I know what you mean about SR triggering you -- some threads on newcomers kind of make me nervous -- I pick & choose which threads I read & post to. But we're always solid support here!

Marria, RAL, & D -- hope you're all well.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Courage, I don't know. I haven't worked out in three weeks or danced because of the hours and I am tired. I do fit in my meetings though. They always say do the next right thing. I am not quite sure what that is in this situation.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi guys, another quickie.

The results have come back - it's cancer, a type called "clear cell carcinoma". We have to take out the right kidney, as it's too close to the middle to do a partial. Unfortunately we have to do it sooner rather than later, and I'm booked in for surgery in 3 weeks (on the 31st). This was the date that we were meant to be going to the US for our holiday but life is like that.

I am OK. My SO is here with me. And the cat It's a bit surreal and I feel a bit down about it being clear cell (which is the more aggressive type). I don't think the reality of it all has sunk in properly.

Hey Courage - I have 2 tickets to a Rangers v. Ducks game. If I can't find a way to refund or sell them they're all yours
Old 10-09-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

wishing you a full and speedy recovery Alice
The US will still be there after you've recovered

D
Old 10-10-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear that Alice. My thoughts and prayers are with you .I hope you have a safe and speedy recovery.Sending hugs
Old 10-10-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Alice, wishing you well for the 31st. It's great they are acting fast, take care as you get used to this news. We're here to support you and sending you lots of positive energy for a full recovery. Xxx

Hi RAL, Courage, Tam , Tazzle, Gonzo and everyone posting or reading. Hope your week is going well.
Ten months ago today I stopped drinking. Life is so much better.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:16 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

thanks Courage, Gonzo, Tam

Tuesday was abit rough and yesterday was a horrid shaking nightmare but 08:13 sees me back in the office for an all day meeting and feeling like I've got a day of blagging progress reports ahead of me - tidying up after yourself sucks big time and can't quite belive I'm back doing it. Mrs N is back and being more supportive than ever before - although before was more like "your problem, you deal and tell me when you're done" sometimes. No illusions about this being Last Chance Alley though!

Sorry to hear about your illness Alice, wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

thanks Taz, it's my daughter that nailed the jump - was quite a sight too!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Sorry to hear about that Alice. Hang in there, you are a strong woman!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Napster1

D
Old 10-10-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
p***enger

Alice, I wish you a good care and a quick recovery. Stay close to us over the next few weeks if it's helpful -- I hope you will! ((( )))

Napster, glad to see you here today. I was thinking about the early days of getting clean last night -- you're right, it does suck! The thing is, you never have to do it again! And it's a lot easier to stay sober than it is to get sober.

Marria, congratulations on 10 months! I hope this is you today:
RAL, hope you're feeling better.

Tazzle, how's that AV? Give it a kick for me, OK?

Gonzo, hope you're feeling well. Looking forward to any golf over the weekend? We have rain here for days & days....