Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 9

Old 11-25-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Here we come Napster to save you the Decemberite vixens!! Courage-RAL-Alice-Tam- Marra-.

Oh and here is that cork pop gun I bought you at the tacky store, but please dont eat the huskies, that would make me sad. I am sure that there is a rogue yeti lurking about that you can use the pop gun on I am sure!:uzi2:
Old 11-25-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Yeah, you are going to Lapland, you'll need the huskies.

Just eat the reindeer.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

looking forward to eating reindeer

feeling 100x better than last night It's so true,the difference between a good day and a bad day is 24 hours. Went back to doc who confirmed second lot of blood tests back confirmed I'm def menopausal so put me on HRT.There's me thinking my mood swings/depression/anxiety/irritability etc are related to stopping drinking or I'm just a miserable person and it's something totally different. No matter, at least I know now there IS a reason .Here's hoping I'll feel better soon,tbh I feel better already
Old 11-25-2013, 11:34 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

How did you get on at work yesterday Napster? Are you putting your feet up today

Tam-it may be that your subconscious is working overtime because you're approaching your 12 month anniversary. Your AV is teasing you in your dreams, especially as you're on holiday. Hope you are having a lovely holiday

Dee,Courage, Tazzle,Gonzo,Marria,Alice -hope you are all well.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Sadly not RAL, I'm still in purgatory at the moment, have a call with boss later today but am deceided against camping out in Head Office today for the sake of the worlds oil reserves!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Napster and ready, you're probably right. I was thinking about past vacations and they've always been about the booze and how much I could get in each day. God I don't miss that.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi all, I'm keeping my head above water here -- swimming in work + work anxiety + holiday nerves + grey cold cloudy day blues + where is my freaking gratitude??? But swimming (dog paddling), not drowning.

Would like to post more & check in w/each individually but am pressed for time.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Stay strong Courage--here, sit with me and I will get you a cup of hot apple cider, would you like a cinnamon stick with it? Make time for yourself, a month from now you will not even know what you were stressed about today.

Hey Tam how is Florida? riding the rides are you? I have never been to a theme park, not my style. Usually way to many people, and when you are shorter than most it really gets overwhelming not being able to see much and getting elbowed in the forehead.

Purgatory isnt a bad place Napster, it means your still in the running, if you see someone in your path, just knock them off their cloud,,, whoopsie!
Old 11-26-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

550 calories of gym time followed by a chicken salad and a pint mug of ginger and lemon tea (with normal teabag in there too for good measure) has left me feeling tired, happy and ready for an early night.

Last edited by NapsteR1; 11-26-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-26-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Administrator

Meant to say I love the Krazy Kat Courage

Hope today got a little better

D
Old 11-26-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Afternoon all, good day here in got the new couch and loveseat in and the old loveseat gone. Just waiting to see if my brother is taking the old one or will get it gone this weekend. Bad news is was in to the doctor yesterday as had been fighting a nasty flu all week, took one look and some breaths with the stethoscope and said 'good news is its not pneumonia', so on antibiotics for bronchitis. Was tiring dealing with everything this morning, seemed to stress over something so trivial as swapping some furniture, but get like that waiting on people to arrive here. So will give it a good testing tonight after some soup.

Have a good night all.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
p***enger

Dee, I <3 Krazy & Ignatz -- Archie & Mehitabel too, do you know them?

Taz, can you shoot yeti one-handed out the window while you drive? I think Napster's napping!

Gonzo, sorry about the bronchitis. Just relax on that couch through the holiday weekend. No doubt you were stressing also because you're sick -- physical pain makes everything seem harder.

RAL, I hope the HRT helps -- it seems to me that it starts having an effect pretty fast, like in a few days. How long will you be away?

Marria, Tam, Alice -- anybody else lurking (Fallow, do you check on us from time to time?) -- I wish you all a happy day or night. I'm fine-- just pretty manic about work. The proposal writing is mostly going well -- which is a high for sure -- I just hope I don't crash soon. Please, no comments about work-aholics -- I have to get my kicks somewhere!

Little funny story about my husband asking if it was ok if he bought a bottle of wine to have with Thanksgiving dinner (yes, it appears I'm cooking, and my son & his Swiss vegetarian girlfriend will be joining us, just imagine): he was quite solicitous about whether it would bother me in his own funny way, and of course it will be on my mind but of course I said it would be ok, and it will (be ok). But oh it is so on my mind!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon Gonzo-rest up and take it easy

courage - I hope your day improved and your anxiety eased.

Napster-sounding very healthy,keep at it

Is it Thanksgiving this weekend? Hope all in the US have a great holiday.

Thanks courage ,hopefully it will start to help. I've read many stories of people having to take several types before they find one that suits. My doc rang yesterday when I was out so need to go see her today. She had made a query with a gyn/HRT consultant about me because of age and cancer history so I'm thinking she has possibly had a response from her and wants to discuss/change the type she put me on.But I'm just guessing so I 'll see what she says this morning .

Last day at school today for Junior RAL.They get 2 days off this week for St Andrew's day (patron saint of Scotland) We're off to stay with family this weekend near Manchester as flying to Lapland from there on Weds morning at 6.15am! Mr RAL is taking his laptop so I may be able to check in and upload some pics of reindeer (eating) huskies (riding) and snowmobiles( probably falling off) We're away for 5 days/4 nights courage.

How are you feeling about the wine courage? Mr RAL drinks wine. I know many on SR won't have it in the house,It's a very personal issue. Stay strong but don't be afraid to tell Mr courage if it's too much for you.

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-27-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

It's cold today and I'm all wrapped up in sweaters and scarves. I love feeling cosy and warm and psychologically I think all the layers make me feel protected and secure!

RAL I hope the HRT gives you the boost you need. The menopause is not too far away from me I guess so I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you...

Courage I hope work is going well and anxiety is easing. That's nice your husband checked about the wine for Thanksgiving...keep checking with yourself too if it's ok as the meal gets closer. Anyhow we all know here how wonderful you are without wine so I'm sure you know this too!
Gonzo hope your flu is improving...
Hi to everyone else xx
Old 11-27-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hi Marria,cold here too .I know what you mean about wrapping up warm I hope it does give me a boost. Bit unexpected at my age but at least it explains a lot

So I spoke with my doctor who advised that the consultant wants to see me. I was quite surprised but pleased as hopefully we can discuss all HRT options/types and she will be in a better position to answer my questions. I imagine it's because of my age and there are additional concerns.

Guys- sorry for talking on about womens issues
Old 11-27-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Bah, talk about whatever, it's mostly ladies anyways. Honestly, its all greek to me, so i tend to skim it and hope for the best for whoever is posting about it.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

thanks gonzo,much appreciated
Old 11-27-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Administrator

Courage...not too much - mostly familiar with KK - but I'll check it out

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it

D
Old 11-28-2013, 12:07 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving-hope you all have a great holiday weekend
Old 11-28-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving to All - gawd bless us every one!