Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 9

Old 11-18-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
p***enger

Thanks, Dee. He's a sweetie -- he just got in & got fed, and now we're hanging out trading user tricks for Windows 8.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Morning all, just a quick check in. Sun coming out after 3 weeks of wet rain that wanted to be snow. Been keeping busy with work and the new little ones. Had one of the nephews up all Saturday playing with them, think between the 3 of them they managed to wear each other out pretty decent so sister in law was quite pleased. They are getting big quick, almost been a month already, crazy. Currently their new obsession is playing Gladiators in the bathtub, they like the curved sides for flopping all over 'fighting'. Been nice to have them, realized that I hadn't really laughed at stuff for a long time, like true honest laughter, but they crack me up numerous times a day.

They could still use a godmother if you are interested Ready.

They are pretty hard to resist.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Gonzo! I squealed! Lol they are so cute!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Yeah tough to believe only 5 minutes before that they were playing that beloved childrens game 'throaty bitey'...
Old 11-19-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Gonzo, they are beautiful! Thanks for the photo.

Today was a lovely autumn day, leaves a gorgeous color and my family life is much calmer thank God! I've backed off from conflict with my daughter and the difference is wonderful.. I'm learning about letting go and it's a relief to me so far.

Hi Tam, Courage, Tazzle, Alice, Napster, RAL, Dee...hope that's everyone : )
Old 11-19-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I went back tiny home group today and the funny guy's husband got me an 11 month chip from central office! How cool is that?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-3606060361.jpg (50.2 KB, 49 views)
Old 11-19-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
p***enger

OMG Gonzo they are beautiful! Thank you -- this was just what the dr ordered for me tonight.

Tam, congratulations on 11 mos. It sounds like you have a great group. The support of others in AA or whatever your community is really something to treasure.

Marria, good job on coping better w/your daughter. I sympathize -- it's been hard for me to be ok with watching my son make decisions I don't agree with, have his own problems, his own solutions. With luck, you'll have gotten really good at letting go of stuff with your daughter, just about the same time she's really good at handling the stuff without you.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

Congratulations on 11 months Tam Great to see you got your chip too.I hope your security issues have eased at home and your son is feeling more secure. You AA meeting sounds interesting- I hope you got somethign out of it.

Thanks Marria,you're right. It's unrealistic to expect to go through life and never have cross moments.

Taz-what did you do inthe end about the shower? Hope all is ok

Thanks Napster,How are things with you ? Any news on the work front? How are you doing on the not drinking . I know when Iworked in a sales environment this time of year was a fine excuse for drinking more

Gonzo,they are so lovely .Thanks for your kind thoughts, I would love to be their vyber godmother,thanks for thinking of me

courage-how are you? That must be lovely to have your son back near you again. I hope you are having a great time Did you hit 11months too? Congratulations are in order I think

Alice-thinking of you and hoping your recovery is coming along well

Dee-hope you are ok

Thanks for all your support and kindness at the weekend. I'm feeling less raw now.It hurts when I think of him but just trying to think of good times and realizing he had a good life,albeit a short one.
Mr RAL has been so supportive , kind and just fabulous, If one good thing has come out of this it's that it has helped me see our relationship is still good. I remember just why I married him, I am quite needy and need to be shown affection whereas he's not a very vocal hearts and flowers type of chap. But I know he's there when I need him and he'll never let me down. The last year has been difficult in many ways so I'm pleased that we have got through it.

I went to see my doc on Monday and she took more tests so will be bac kto see her later this week.

Today I'm going to the health club for the day-yoga,massage,sauna,swim. Then pick up a few last minute bits for holiday. We fly early hours on the 4th but going down to Manchester probably onthe 1st visit relatives before we go. I keep looking at Lapland weather -am a bit obsessed
Old 11-19-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Tam

D
Old 11-20-2013, 03:36 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Thanks all! Courage, I love my home group. They're really fun and hilarious, which I need. I didn't get sober to be somber.

RAL, we did figure out the security issues! I forgot all about it because of work. It was raccoons. And the dog hurt one fortunately, she had rabies shots because we have only had her a little over a year and had taken her in last December to get looked at. When do you leave for Lapland? I looked it up online.:.. Good luck! Lol it's a lot of walking?

Off to work, I have today and tomorrow then I am on vacation for a week and a day. I'm so excited!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday morning all! I am ditching the baby shower, going to make up a basket of goodies for her and send it along with her dad. Like I said showers are awkward and uncomfortable for me even if I know who is going to be there. Besides there is a huge Holiday show up in Boise I want to go to!

Where are you going for vacation Tam? Raccoons are incredibly smart creatures, Im glad your dog will be okay. i know they can kill a dog if things are right for them.

RAL- just so you know we will all be living vicariously through you when you are in Lapland so what are we doing there? Shopping, seeing the area and history (thats my vote)? I am all about spontaneity so where ever your driving is good for me! What snacks should I pack for everyone? I love a good trail mix, unfortunatly I will eat it all before the first stop so will have to designate Courage to ration it out to me
Old 11-20-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

That's great Tam,I'm glad you got it all sorted out.

Not too much walking I hope The day after we arrive we go into the forest to meet Santa and have husky rides,reindeer rides and snowmobiles.
The next day junior RAL and I are going on an Elf Adventure whatever that involves!! Sledging and playing in the snow all round too .Not sure whether to book additional excursions but at over £150 per person for 2 hours for say a snowmobile ride is pretty steep for 4 of us

Are you going away anywhere on your vacation?
Old 11-20-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

interesting day today, should know more tomorrow, coming down off the “high” of nervous tension before the interview and feeling flat and low as it’s all out of my hands now. AV is kindly suggesting that a drink would be a nice mood leveller and as there’s no more I can do then having a drink is not going to damage the process is it? An early customer meeting tomorrow could be swerved, if I get the right news tomorrow then missing the meeting won’t matter anyway. Need to envision nailing a corner on the bike or swooping down a powder run on the ‘board. Sadly winter has hit hard now, tonight’s going to be a sub-zero one so there’s plenty of salt out on the roads – not real ideal riding weather, plus I’m thousands of miles away from a mountain and I sold all my snowboard year a couple of years ago.

hey ho – a camomile tea and an early night instead.

at work at the moment so this is a quick scribble and a copy and paste drop post, screen fully visible to an open plan office!

Hope everyone’s well
Old 11-20-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

tea and early nght sounds a good idea Napster,don;t listen to the lying AV. Hope your weather isn't too bad.The wind is howling round here.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Go for the tea. And then wait. All you can do.

Taz, we are going to Universal studios in Orlando. I have lived in Florida since I was 13 and I've never been (I'm 37 now). My son is mega excited and we got a great deal on the hotel through groupon. One of the best parts of living in Florida is taking advantage of travel deals here and you only have to drive a couple of hours. And go do your holiday thing in Boise and not be cooped up with chatty ladies.

Ready, that will be a lot of fun. Not sure what an elf adventure is but... Lol

I am starting a new good thing. Always looking I guess bit this one is an offshoot of OA and I have a sponsor that I have to commit my food to everyday. :| we shall see but I think the daily support will be good. Off to the store to buy veg.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:34 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
p***enger

Ready, Lapland sounds fabulous -- you have a northern spirit that amazes me. I'd even have a hard time with your howling winds of Scotland. Give me the (almost) weather-proof reliability of skyscrapers and pavement, thanks!

Napster, it's trudging for a while & covering your ears when the AV's talking, but things WILL get easier. Truly it's true

Tazzle, you don't want me in charge of trail mix. I'll fuss about counting out equal numbers of raisins for everyone, and will do long division if needed -- let's see, with Dee to drive, we'll have I think 9, and if there are 29 papaya pieces (assuming equal sized pieces), that's 3 per, plus 2/9, where's the papaya-piece slicer, please?

Tam, when are you leaving for your trip? Universal studios sounds like fun, but prepare for looooooooonnnnnnngggggg lines.

I had a nice experience tonight. I went to my home group meeting for the first time in a couple of weeks & since dropping my sponsor. I went 1 hour early to set up & make coffee, and found out the mtg was canceled -- there was a later combined meeting for the 55th anniversary of the group! Well it was too early to go home, so I stuck around & did a little work & then chatted while various regulars as confused as I was, who showed up early & didn't want to leave. I ended up spending 2.5 hours there -- only the last 1/2 hour was the meeting proper (which I left early, because it was late) -- the rest was mostly hanging out with a couple of ancient guys & one other neurotic broad. I don't know what my point is. But it made me feel like maybe I can still have a place in some of the rooms, at the back, following along but sometimes poking the guy next to me in the ribs.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

you do NOT want me driving anything

D
Old 11-20-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
p***enger

OK Dee, you can choose the tunes! (I know you want to anyway)
Old 11-20-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

you may not like that either LOL

D
Old 11-21-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Dee -Courage!!!!! Don't make me pull this car over!!