# 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifeunlocked View Post
Thanks, you people give me hope.
Yes, welcome aboard lifeunlocked

B.r. TBML
Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

My weekend was a little rough. No real cravings, just little ones when I saw the neighbour's party bonfire, but that passed fairly easily.

But on both Saturday and Sunday I was pretty emotional, but not for any reason in particular. Just crying a lot, maybe I'm missing my mom (she died this spring) because her birthday is on the 29th. Also watched "Drugged - High on Alcohol" on Youtube and cried at the ending. I made my husband watch it too as a reminder for both of us as to why I'm stopping now and just how deadly serious this addiction is.

It's not for the faint of heart, watching that, but I hope it would be a good wake-up call for some and spare them the same fate.

Personally, I could never say "I'm not that bad", without adding "yet" to the end of that phrase.

Take care of yourselves, everyone, as we travel this road together. And hang on no matter what; life can be so much better.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post
I REALLY don't want to go to work today. Ugh.

Oh, well. Time to shower and head out.

GOOD DAY, ALL!!!!
That's how I felt this morning, too. Seriously considered phoning in sick, but my sense of responsibility would have ruined it with guilt over not going in, so I dragged myself here.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Have a great day melina!

Madbird, sorry you lost your Mum (((()))) xx
Old 09-23-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Wow!! Busy morning.......Good afternoon my fellow Septembers!! Hoping everyone is having a good day!!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

madbird and NewLeaf-hope you guys end up having a good day even if you don't want to go to work :-) You never know when something good might come your way.

I'm writing this from work too, if it makes you feel any better. Haha. Oh Mondays.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tallia View Post
Lorelei you are doing nothing wrong hugs xx
Agreed, you aren't doing anything wrong at all. It's who we surround ourselves with that impacts what we give and what we may or may not receive.

I'm 43. 12 years ago, I cut-off ties with my father. He didn't give anything back because he was selfish and rotten father. We've since rekindled a relationship, but I keep him at arms length because he's too broken to be fixed.

People treat others poorly because they are broken or unhappy. Something happened in their lifetime that gave them the ability to survive while developing a talent for making others feel as though they are wrong.

My father had a very rough up-bringing and no matter what, he cannot see beyond that and be happy for others....super competitive (and selfish) because of that.

And by all means, I feel for those people.

Here's something that people do not strive for as youths:

"When I grow up, I want to mean to others and hurt their feelings and make them feel accountable even when it's my fault".

Ok, time to lay off of the coffee, but you get what I'm saying?...don't blame yourself.

Stay Strong Septemberites......B.r.....TBML
Old 09-23-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome. I bought wine..stupid that I thought that posting for the first time triggered the need to do that. I think the tide is turning tho, and I just panicked..illogical I know.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hey gatorgirl x
Madbird, soberchristy, newleaf, just another manic Monday, yknow the song?

Tbml, I know what you're saying, maybe I need to look at me a bit more x

Lifeunlocked , what are you going to do with the wine.....
Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Step away from the wine!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

lol, That's one of the reasons I use to get myself to come in even when I don't want to--that I might miss something (and it could be something good)!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by takingbackmylif View Post

Agreed, you aren't doing anything wrong at all. It's who we surround ourselves with that impacts what we give and what we may or may not receive.

I'm 43. 12 years ago, I cut-off ties with my father. He didn't give anything back because he was selfish and rotten father. We've since rekindled a relationship, but I keep him at arms length because he's too broken to be fixed.

People treat others poorly because they are broken or unhappy. Something happened in their lifetime that gave them the ability to survive while developing a talent for making others feel as though they are wrong.

My father had a very rough up-bringing and no matter what, he cannot see beyond that and be happy for others....super competitive (and selfish) because of that.

And by all means, I feel for those people.

Here's something that people do not strive for as youths:

"When I grow up, I want to mean to others and hurt their feelings and make them feel accountable even when it's my fault".

Ok, time to lay off of the coffee, but you get what I'm saying?...don't blame yourself.

Stay Strong Septemberites......B.r.....TBML
Great post sounds like my father
Old 09-23-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Yes he did, its not the first time, we still share our marital home, so its tricky situation x
Wow sharing a house with an ex I can't stand to share the same country with my ex more power to you.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I am drinking it. Honestly everything is changing though..this site is the big step that is helping me out of my destructive thinking. Tomorrow is the start, I can do this .
Old 09-23-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I am drinking it. Honestly everything is changing though..this site is the big step that is helping me out of my destructive thinking. Tomorrow is the start, I can do this .
Start right now tomorrow never comes you can do it hello I can do it you can do it
Old 09-23-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Life, sometimes with addicts like us, tomorrow doesnt come, show yourself how much you want this, and get rid of it, I really want a drink right now to numb my emotions, but im damned if I will give in cos i have promised myself I will not drink!

If you make that choice, its day 1 and unless you decide otherwise it doesnt ever have to be day 1 again x
Old 09-23-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
Wow sharing a house with an ex I can't stand to share the same country with my ex more power to you.
Im starting to wonder if I should do that!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Im starting to wonder if I should do that!
What? Change countries?
Old 09-23-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Yes!