Notices

Class of September 2013 part 6

Old 09-23-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good luck at your meeting, bridgee! I'm excited for you and in your corner all the way!

Lorelei You were right to tell us: we're your friends. We care and want you to be safe and all right.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Abw and Nuway, you are a couple of cyber big brothers! How sweet.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Lorelei, you are always so kind and supportive of everyone here, it's our turn to return the favor. I'm glad you said something, it's good to have a place where you (we) can lay all of our burdens out on the table and receive no judgement only caring and support. As Dee said, you are an intelligent and capable adult. Keep posting, stay sober, and love yourself because you are a beautiful soul with much love to give to those who deserve you.

Your posts of support for others have helped me immensely, and I'm sorry I haven't told you sooner.

Stay sober, and stay safe...you are loved and appreciated by everyone here.

P.S. DAY 20 HERE!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Can I join in? Newbie on day 3. Want a lot to make it day 4
Old 09-23-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Welcome lifeunlocked

Well done in day 3 keep posting you can make day 4
Old 09-23-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Welcome, Lifeunlocked!

(((Lorelei)))

Fish, glad you made it through the game sober! I did the same on Saturday at a college game and was amazed by how much I enjoyed it. Hope you had a great time!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks, you people give me hope.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I love seeing how protective we can be of our September crew. Lorilei, I hope you can sort things out. You are such a lovely person and you deserve to be comfortable and happy.

Hi, lifeunlocked! Looking forward to getting to know you. Awesome job on making the decision to change your life :-)
Old 09-23-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Welcome Lifeunlocked! I think you're gonna like it here. It really helps.......A LOT!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Welcome, lifeunlocked. So happy you found SR--it's a great place to meet fellow travelers along the road to getting our lives back.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Abw and Nuway, you are a couple of cyber big brothers! How sweet.
I'll settle for being a big sister, Rochele. Abw and Fishn get to do the heavy lifting.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post
Tallia.... Was it you I mentioned the book Co-Dependent No More to a few weeks ago? I can't remember as it seems a few of us here could benefit.

It's ingrained in me (since childhood) to help others to the point of self-destruction. This is one of the negative patterns in my life that I'm trying to break.

You ARE under so much stress... Perhaps mindfulness techniques will help? Plenny and are are supposed to be using them. Want to join us? Trying something new can be fun, actually. I'm going to my third yoga class tomorrow. My doctor recommended it for stress/high blood pressure, but I kept putting it off because i didn't think I'd be into it ... or be any good at it. Well... I can't hold some of the poses, but I'm actually enjoying it.
Mindfulness sounds great I really think I need to try it too I am so with you on helping people to a point of self-destruction xxx
Old 09-23-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Lifeunlocked welcome and good luck. Uve found a great place and great people...present company included
Old 09-23-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks all (made me cry) xx♡ thanks for the numbers dee x

Fish, am so chuffed for you , I knew youd get thro, sober! X

Tallia, (())

Welcome lifeunlocked x

Hope everyone else is good can you believe its almost October! Xx
Old 09-23-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

@Plenny, that "just let go" stuff had me struggling for years. I'd be all upset about something, usually something I had no control over, and it'd be to the point of obsession and someone would go and say "just let go", and I'd be like, "huh? What does that even mean, and how do you do that?" I just could not comprehend how to let go.

I notice I am much, much better at letting go now, but it took years and practice. How did I figure it out? I'm not too sure, but your post made me realize how I've had improvement with that. I think working the program helped and reading/learning about things like codependency (getting too wrapped up in other people) and healthy self-help techniques for mental health all eventually began to sink in. I've also gone for counseling off and on over the years. I had anxiety and depression problems in the past and they were really bad for a while, but those things are mostly gone, too.

Just keep learning about yourself and exploring different techniques or methods of getting help until you find the things that work for you. And be patient. We can't get this all overnight. I sure couldn't.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I think I'll go too and just hang out with Lor over a sober lunch or something while you guys are roughing up the ex.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Sounds good UI, where shall we go?

Thats a lovely post madbird x

Thanks tbml, not feeling that way right now, I seem to give and not get back (in RL not here), Im obv doing something wrong !
Old 09-23-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

It's coming around quickly

People in work been chatting about a Sober October charity event I signed up yikes committed to another month but maybe being for charity will help with cravings. Just hope av will keep quiet end of September now go on have one night before October starts.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Sounds good UI, where shall we go?

Thats a lovely post madbird x

Thanks tbml, not feeling that way right now, I seem to give and not get back (in RL not here), Im obv doing something wrong !
Lorelei you are doing nothing wrong hugs xx
Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

You can do it Tallia! we shall hold on tight to each other x

We need a name for October..Sobetober , stop laughing......