Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 21

Old 09-22-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Endstage - way to go on 6 months. What a super accomplishment.

Toots - I too find cleaning to be therapeutic. At least I used to when I wasn't busy resenting the fact that bf never does any and it's all left to me. Writing this, I realize that I'm letting him get in the way of my happiness. Darn it, I deserve to enjoy cleaning still!! The thing I love about it is that it is instant progress that you really get to SEE. This time around, I took a 'before' picture of my garage and I'm looking forward to the after. The picture was a bit scary- it made me really see exactly what a mess the place was. I don't want to waste my life being resentful, so my goal for the day is to enjoy making some progress around the house.

Grace - Sorry, but I'm not bored at all. After the garage, I need to do the kitchen, the dining room, the living room, the music room (yes, I have a whole room for drums, guitars, etc., I just wish it was bigger!), the office, the RV, and the yards. And I suspect once I get 'done' it will be time to start all over!

WWG - Way to go on 180. Really well done.

Pippo - It's cooling down here too and those muffins sound delicious!!

Carlos - Loved your post this morning.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

I watched football sober and then went for a run. Now watching Broadchurch. I love my new life on day 180. I hope all the Undies are well.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hi again Undies

Sat in bed posting and I'm really tired. Roll on next Monday when we go away, I"m in need of the break.

Loved that post Carlos., love your list of what you want to be.

Sounds like you had a good day with your little Princess Matthew. I admire your wife for being in charge of a walk for Alzheimer's, that's something that very close to my heart. I hope they did well.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Dg are you sure? I could find plenty of jobs to keep you busy.

Matthew the Broadchurch series only finished recently here. I loved it, it was riveting.

See you all tomorrow.

Sleep well

Grace xx
Old 09-22-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
Hi again Undies

Sat in bed posting and I'm really tired. Roll on next Monday when we go away, I"m in need of the break.

Loved that post Carlos., love your list of what you want to be.

Sounds like you had a good day with your little Princess Matthew. I admire your wife for being in charge of a walk for Alzheimer's, that's something that very close to my heart. I hope they did well.
Grace, My wife is a Director for the Alzheimer's Association.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

PippoRossi has the storm arrived yet?

Endstage, great achievement, especially with such early struggles. I hope you enjoyed your celebration. You certainly deserved it.

Grace, I bet you are counting the hours to your holiday! It will be just what you both need.i hope hubby is continuing to improve. I always think men bear Illness so stoically! With my man you wouldn't even know he was at deaths door without his frequent reminders! Lol

Carlos love your list, I just hope you don't probe too deeply on your daughter & SILs honeymoon adventures!!! 😊
And I'm sorry but you will soon see that you cannot be nice without getting something in return, even the warm glow of knowing you did something nice is a return, and I have to warn you, it is addictive!!

WWG, quality time with your daughter is something to cherish, as Carlos will attain, they grow too fast! Glad you are finding positive ways to enjoy your sobriety.

DG you enjoy your cleaning, I totally agree, it is a definite quick fix of achievement!

I am hoping to hear something overt he next day or two, until then I am assuming all is going ahead. I can't really deal any other way. Obviously I still have the uncertainty in my mind, but I am trying to to be positive ( hoping to forcetche outcome I want through positive thinking!! )

HD, Tanja, I hope you are both on your way to full health, we are missing your regular posts.

Mel I hope you are coping witht he job ok.
MB I hope you are climbing out of your blue funk
DP I know you too are in a dark place, sharing here may help, but just know we all care and hope to scene you back soon
Drake, SJ LP, Steve, hope all is ok with you all, please find time to post soon, you have friends here who miss your input.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hi Undies! Busy weekend and week ahead for me, getting closer to the 6th month mark! My favorite pub had its 10th anniversary party this weekend as since I have known the owners forever I went. It was hard to resist the cheap drink specials, but I did.

Just chugging along here glad to be sober.

have a great week Undies!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Today is Day 21 for me, coming off a relapse that lasted a year and a half. I think I'm finally on my way to getting back my sober life again.

I've mostly been hanging out in the September class and it's a great bunch, but someone from here kindly suggested I check this place out also.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Undies madbird!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Madbird, welcome to the Undies, and way to go on 3 weeks!!
Old 09-23-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hi Undies, day 181. Busy day at the office. I came home and went for a run, and going to an AA meeting tonight.

Hi Toots, Grace, Jim, Steve, DG, Dee, Drake, Midnight, HD, and all the other members. Welcome Madbird, and congrats on 21 days.

Whenever I think of picking up a drink I think of how my life is better sober. I am Blessed that I have the courage to fight this disease, and I have to keep up the hard work. If you feel down, remember you are worth it. Being sober is something that you won't regret, but you will regret drinking. We are a courageous bunch us Undies. I pray for all of you.
God Bless.
Matthew
Old 09-23-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,

I have had this insatiable craving for sweets for a few days now. Only strange since I really can take or leave sweet things for the most part. (this wasn't a setup comment, Toots, lol) Well, I threw caution to the wind and overindulged this afternoon and feel like a load. Wish I could just eat an endorphin surge. I am going to go to my evening meeting early and do a walk in town...hope that staves off this new beast a tad.

Actually, I have been craving Pippo's muffins. Plus, they actually seem to be a really healthy alternative.

Welcome to the thread, madbird. Must admit, the name has me a bit curious?

Good job resisting a drink, Drake. Anything planned for 6 months?

Oh Toots, I made myself in pretzel man form, crossing all I could in advance of good news coming your way soon. Yesterday my selfless good deed was for a man from Uganda that I met. Can't say the deed or it will not have been selfless...but, it felt good. So I must limit my probing about honeymoon, even though I only have a four legged grandchild to date. We are talking tonight.

DG, I so get the gratifications from turning disorder to order. My annual fav is the garage. A two day task each fall. I listen to football and some smokin jams in the process. When I was married, I set out lawn chairs and neighbors came by to talk. I live more a bit more remotely these days.
'
HD and MB, hope you are feeling better.

Grace, where is vacation? My sister is planning a trip to London and Paris. I promised her that I would forward those lovely pics you posted of the forest last week.

SJ...bummer news buddy...047 didn't hit. I shall try again when the last minute vibe hits me. What is it up to now?

HF, any news on the house sale?

Shout outs to melivin, wwg, DP (where are you?), stevie, raku, babs, dee, es, courage...etc.

Later, undies.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome madbird

D
Old 09-23-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Welcome madbird, it's a great thread here congrats on three weeks!

Drake, well done on recognising that no drink is cheap when it costs you your sobriety, that is a price not worth paying.

DG how's the mad clear out going?
Mel how are you?

MB I hope you are not still being so hard on yourself, we miss your beautiful words here.

Steve, have you heard about the promotion yet? I hope they give it to you, no one deserves it more.

Tanja, HD, come back strong and well - and soon!

Grace, thank you as ever for your loving thoughts.

Carlos, you are sweet enough already honey, put the candy down and walk away!

WWG way to go!

Babs how was NYC? Hope you had a ball

Courage, LP, SJ PR etc where are you guys??
Good to see you Dee
Old 09-23-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I've just lost my bloody post!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Administrator

you really need to start using wordpad Grace

D
Old 09-23-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hi all...

No activity on the house this weekend but I rented a steam cleaner and the carpets look brand new again. Ordered a St Joseph statue to bury in the yard so hopefully that will get things moving!.

Grace - sorry about your post.

Madbird - welcome to the undies!

Roots - you and Grace amaze me how you remember everyone.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Carlos, a meeting and a walk sounds pleasant.

Grace, perhaps you could try posting in smaller chunks?

Toots, I spent pretty much the whole weekend cleaning the garage, but it looks much better now. Not perfect by any means, but very much improved. I've got some things I don't need actually packed up in the car and ready to go to the thrift store, rather than left in a pile that's meant to go, but never does. I tried to drop it off today, but the place was closed so I'll have to do it tomorrow. Amazing the things I actually do now that I'm not drinking and smoking weed all the time.

I took the car to the shop today for a few things bf promised he'd fix for me, but hasn't. As my signature says, actions don't lie. On the positive side though, and just focusing on me, I'm proud of myself. In my drinking days I would have just suffered through having stuff on the car broken. I would not have had the money to take it to the shop and I felt overwhelmed by social anxiety and would not have felt comfortable going. I feel good about having taken care of it.

I've got three doctors appointments scheduled this week, which I am rather dreading. On the positive side, it will be nice to have them done with. Again, it's nice to have the money available to cover such things and to be taking care of my health. It's not exactly fun, but it's another step forward in my recovery.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Grace, so sorry about your post. I feel your pain....
Old 09-23-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

2.00 a.m

Good morning Undies

It was very quiet here for a Monday, where is everybody?
I can't sleep so I thought I'd do a few posts. I'm full of a cold and apart from that my mind is doing overtime, no point in just lying in bed driving myself potty!!

Matthew I think that's wonderful re your wife, I bet she could give me some good advice about my Dad! I was watching the new series of Doc Martin much earlier, I think I remember you saying you like that! It's really good!
I hope you had a good meeting.

Hi Toots, how are you feeling, I know your mind is on overdrive too, but stay positive, I have a feeling it will work out.
Yes, I'm on countdown to next Monday, but I've got so much to do and so little time to do it in, I'll be in panic mode by this weekend.
Husband is much better thank you, he's off tomorrow ( today) and so I've given him a list of jobs, don't wan't his muscles wasting due to lack of use! He has to go back to the Doctor's tomorrow too, he's had more than just man flu you know!

Drake you did really well resisting those cheap drink offers, be proud of yourself, I bet there were plenty with headaches, who wish they'd had the sense to resist!

Welcome to the Undies Madbird, good to have you with us and congratulations on three weeks, that's huge. You'll get lots of support here so keep posting and stick close. We're all in the same boat.

Hi Carlos, I developed a sweet tooth, which I'd never had before, after I stopped drinking. I started eating sweets and chocolate like they were going out of fashion and I don't even like chocolate! I've squashed it now before my teeth fell out and I'm eating healthily now! Have to go for two fillings on Friday morning though, so watch it!
I'm going to Majorca on Monday, just for a week and I'm looking forward to it, hopefully I'll be able to post now and then. I hope you sister will like my photo's.

It's when I'm posting from my Kindle that I lose my posts Dee, they jump all over the place and it put all kinds of strange words in when I'm not looking!! I don't think I could possibly use word pad with it! Though I love it, it's not ideal for posting, but when I'm sat in bed supposedly reading, I just have to have a go!

Happyfeet, you'll not want to be moving with all that sprucing up you're doing! Ha ha ah ha, Roots, I love it!

D.G, I know, I know and I do try that when using the kindle, but I get carried away! You've come quite a long way in your recovery, I love that I am so much more organized. I now deal with things instead of burying my head in the sand, or should I say in a bottle or three of wine!

I feel it too Nuway, I was only thinking about you today, how are you doing my dear friend?

Jim stop lurking and get posting.

Steve, I'm really missing you.

And has anyone heard from Boozefree, she doesn't seem to have posted for a while?

Midnight, I hope you are okay and dealing with whatever the day throws at you!

Although our routes can be different We are all travelling to the same destination.
The journey can be smooth or bumpy, it's up to us at the end of the day!
Sometimes things can get in our way.
but instead of blaming circumstances and looking for an excuse to give up, why don't we climb over the road blocks that life throws at us and deal with something we CAN control!

Have a good day Undies and stay safe and sober

Grace xxx

Just For Today, I Will Be Thankful For All My Wonderful Blessings