# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Under Club Part 21

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4176746

D
Old 09-12-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 170, and feeling like a new man these days. I came home from work and went for a run. Looking forward to watching the Patriots tonight, and okay doing it sober. Whenever I feel like being sober isn't worth it I try and remind myself how much life is better this way. Be well my friends, sobriety is worth it.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dee thanks for the new thread and I hope you are feeling very much better. Look after yourself and take it easy. xxxxx

Matthew, you sound like a new man, I'm loving the change in you, you sound great.

I hope your son enjoyed his birthday Steve, I am just thinking of that t.v series that is on every 7 years 'Show me the boy at 7 and I'll show you the man'

Hi my dear Toots, I hope you've had a good day.

Jim too, I hope all is well with you.

See you all tomorrow,

Take care and sleep well

Gxx
Old 09-12-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
p***enger

Evening, undies!

Dee, I hope you're better soon!

WWG, you sound great, so focused on positives & growth. Thanks for the inspiration!

Torrents of rain off-and-on here today -- reminds me of monsoons, kind of fun to be caught out in it, esp. knowing there's always a nice dry diner to retreat into if it gets too bad.

Someone at work said something nice about my appearance today, and asked something like was I doing something different, & I said I'd quit drinking. She said, really, you don't drink at all anymore? I said, no. She asked, was it hard? I paused a second & replied, it depends on what you mean by hard.

Like, compared to curing cancer, feeding the world's hungry, and ending war? Or like, compared to anything else I've ever done?
Old 09-12-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dee, thanks for the new thread and hope you get to feeling better soon.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi everyone-
DG--not sure I congratulated you or not on the 5 months...so congrats :-)

Stevie--good lord, you exhaust me just reading your posts!

Courage--that's cool...and funny.

WWG--another great post, thank you so much.

Dee-hope you feel better tomorrow

Grace--hi!

Everyone else--let's keep rocking it, I'm digging the sober me, and this sober group of awesome peeps!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Like that you had the courage to explain what it is that you made differently to look so good Courage. I hope you're well.

I wondered where everyone had gone to! On this new thread, that's where.

Stevie, did your boy like his toys? Grace, I love 7up the series you mentioned but have stopped watching at 35. I should catch up.

It looks pretty quiet here lately. I hope it only means everyone is safe, sober and happy.

Take care everyone,

DP
xo
Old 09-12-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 281 here....Another 15 hour work day.....My son had a great day thank you all....I'm feeling tired and I hope I perk up a bit later for the gym....

Take care....Steve.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

8.00 Fri.

Good morning Hatzers and a happy Friday to you all. It's a rainy morning just now, hoping it clears up later.

Courage you must be looking good, not drinking is paying off. Good on you for being honest.

Hi D.G how's it going?

You too Samwitch, rocking it with you.

Morning Steve, I hope you get a bit of rest in sometime during the day.

Dorothy it always goes quiet when it's coming up to the weekend. I'm sure the others will check in soon.

Stay safe and sober

Grace xxx
Old 09-13-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

nearly 16 weeks sober.... Its all pretty real now, but now Im sober, I don't even know what I was trying to escape....

nothing like sitting on the edge of hell in addiction to make you realise what a great life it is when you crawl your way back....

keep fighting the good fight people... let us not become complacent and lose the amazing recovery we have....
Old 09-13-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome jutam....This is a great club to be in.......Steve.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for all the congrats.

Grace, I am doing pretty well. Made it 10 days no caffeine and had a single cup of caffeinated tea on what would have been day 11. I rather regretted it too as it kept me up half the night after not having had any for a while. But I'm right back at it and on day 3 again now. It's been much easier than the first day 3 though. I wake up more awake and my cravings for coffee are disappearing.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies)

Not much to report on my side. This nasty business finally got me off balance - I abused sweets yesterday, the first time in a very long time. Feel like crap today because of sugar intake - I swear I feel like having a "light" hangover.

It will be 11 months for me tomorrow - but instead of feeling happy about that, I feel like a dry drunk who has not control over life at all.

Hope tomorrow will be better.

Everyone - have a great sober weekend)
Old 09-13-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

MB...11 months is such an incredible milestone....
I hope tomorrow will be better for you as well.....
Be kind to yourself.

Jim
Old 09-13-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi all

Dee be well hon, take your time. X

MB, you are so not a dry drunk, you have been doing amazing things since you got sober, and I know that you will continue to. 11 months tomorrow?? Kinda knock the wind out of my sails!! I'm 6 months tomorrow. Hey that means on my 7 month anniversary you will have your year! I'm sure life will have a different view tomorrow.

Courage I love that, all things are relative I guess. Way to go with the compliment too, I bet that put a smile on your face!

DG, at least you know that you need to avoid tea too now!

DP it is quiet here at the moment, and elsewhere on SR, I'm sure everyone is fine just busy!

WWG good to see you are being so positive in your recovery well done!

Steve, glad your lad had a nice birthday, hope you didn't doze off on the rowing machine at the gym!

Jutam, welcome, nearly 4 months? That's great, and you're right, complacency is the weak link in recovery, leaves us open to temptation.

Grace, lovely to see you sweetie, hope you had a good day. How's the wee man getting on in his new class?

Sam, good to see you are going well

SJ, how are you doing my main man? You mentioned reading my other blogs, well I had some thoughts around my 6 month anniversary, and not wanting to bore everyone wrote another blog, so feel free to go have a read! ( might cure any insomnia!)

Mel, S&S happy feet HD Tanja serene lor, everyone else have a safe happy sober weekend.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi again Undies

Just getting a couple of posts in before bed. I'm tired tonight, something to do with trying to amuse three tired, cranky children I think.
It's been a right miserable day, rain, rain and more rain! It's not forecast to be good over the week end either. Oh well, just have to make the most of it.

Welcome to the Undies Jutam, this is the best group ever, I shouldn't be here but they can't get rid of me that easily, I'm waiting for everyone to come and join me in the 'Over's' it needs livening up over there!
Anyway you're doing really well, sixteen weeks is quite and achievement and yes I think we've all sat on the edge of Hell on more than one occasion. I don't want to sit there again!

Hi Steve, don't work too hard and make sure you eat properly!

DG, that's really good and I wouldn't be worrying about having a 'caffeinated' tea. I drink gallons of it and I'm not giving that up, its my favourate drink.

Good to see you posting as always Midnight and it's better to be abusing sugar than to be abusing alcohol and like you say it doesn't happen often. You're entitled to a treat now and again, especially with everything that's been going on. Don't be so hard on yourself, you've come a long way.
Tomorrow's a new day, lets hope its a good one! 11 months is just brilliant, so proud of you.

Hi Jim, lovely to see you as always, you always know just what to say!

Hello my dearest Toots, wee man is coping well thank you, he had two half days last week and one full day, he was a little bit apprehensive at first, but no tears and when I collected him on Thursday his key worker said you'd have thought he'd been there six months, he didn't stop talking! The other two g. children go to the school too so he's well used to the school from going with me when I collect them. We have a preliminary court hearing next Wednesday morning, before the biggie in October, trying not to think too much!!

Off to bed in a minute

Sleep well all.

Grace xxxx
Old 09-13-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 171, and my AV is squawking a bit. But, I came home and went for a run to get my mind in a better place. Getting Thai food for dinner, and looking forward to watching the new episode of Sons of Anarchy. Trying to remind myself to keep focused on sobriety, and be grateful. I wish you all a great weekend.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Greets and welcome to the Undies Jutam. Looking forward to a quiet weekend. No big plans and that is fine with me.

Keep up the good work friends!

Old 09-13-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey, I just realised there were blog posts for some of you. mph. ;(

When do people write blogs instead of a long comment ? Is it when it's longer, more personal? I love it a lot but now it will keep me here for ages!!!

Jutam, welcome.

Grace DON'T GO!!!! Glad we can't get rid of you. And where's Tanya BTW?

Have a great week-end. I had a very emotional week. Everything seemed to happen, a stressful blind date, a meeting with a prodco where I found out my nasty ex was working, not getting any news of my screenwriting grant, and other worse things tht I can talk about here.

Thankfully, it's over and the week-end is here. No cravings, still sober, still happy about that.
xo
Old 09-13-2013, 11:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies)

Qiuick check in from me for now.

Yes, it's my 11 months milestone today, just hard to believe. And it's absolutely amazing - the power of "one day at a time").

I am feeling somewhat better today. I think that this nasty voice somewhere in the background that keeps bugging me and telling that "I am a loser, fry drunk, helpless, doomed for failure and miserable life, pathetic, ridiculous, unworthy, etc., etc." is just a part of AV. One of its multiple personalities and masks it wears to get to me and achieve its one and ultimate goal - to get a drink and ruin my life.

I started today with a long meditation, and as negative thought keep popping up I am pushing them away and let go, not even starting my usual "rationalization and justificatory" conversations with it. It's the beast and it acknowledges nothing but raw power.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I'll see you all later)