Notices

Class of September 2013 part 2

Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Rochele, I don't know where you are in your faith life but there is a wonderful faith based program at your local Church called Celebrate Recovery. Very good program. And not to offend anyone but you talk about being in control....The Lord is in control of my life. I have no control, just the illusion of control. I had to let go and let God do His thing. Could not be sober without Him. Prayers your way.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Thank you Raider. I do have a church. I appreciate the prayers.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

I must get this book to Rational Recovery. I am sure it can be got on Amazon.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Black, that is where I got it this morning. Amazon. Around 12 bucks. Same as a bottle of wine, so nothing, right?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Fabulous Rochele I will go on right away no doubt I will need it too sooner or later. Keep positive one day at a time is all we can do for now.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

I also have The Easy Way book. Did not love it, but will look it over anyway, while I wait for the new book.

I think I need to get off my butt and enjoy the day a bit. It is a lovely one outside. Maybe we can go pick some (more) apples. Got some wonderful Ginger golds last weekend. They are almost gone. We live in apply country.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Day 3

When I get a craving, I do as many pushups as I can (which isn't many) and then either watch a show, play a video game, cook something, or read. And here's the kicker, I can actually keep up with the show, video game, or book because I'm not so blasted I forget what happened 30 seconds ago.

I'm 26 and for the first time in my adult life, I'm not worried about how I'm going to catch my next buzz. This is invigorating.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Good morning! Had a good sleep last night with vivid dreams. Can't remember when I last had such clear dreams, let alone remember them at all.

I've dumped quite a lot of booze out in the last few months and even gave a 750 ml bottle of good vodka away to the partiers across the street a few weeks ago. There was only one shot missing from it, so I guess they were happy. I know for me, I can't have booze in my home if I want to stay sober. I sympathize with people that don't have that choice.

I started to write a post with a bit of my story in it and how AA worked for me, but it started getting so long that I decided it was more blog material than anything else so I started a draft in my blog instead. I will work more on it later.

I hope that any of you that are struggling stick around. Having support is one of the best things you can do for yourself. I know, because if I had kept a support system around myself, I probably wouldn't have tossed 30 years of sobriety away the way I did.

Hang in there!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Enjoy your afternoon, just ordered the book and now going to watch some movies with my teenagers and some ice cream.. Before it would be popcorn for them and a glass or two bottle of wine for me.

chat later.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hey Madbird, I've had awful dreams that I drank and woke up all disappointed with myself and then realized it was only a dream. Phew 😊
Old 09-08-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Sounds good mad bird!

Rochele I've just ordered RR book too, been reading a lot about it too. Hope it helps us. How are you feeling now lovely, have you eaten? x
Old 09-08-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, so I guess im joining the September class, my sober date is technically Aug 28th but iv been on a taper as coming off Oxy tramadol codeine etc so my real sober date I feel is yesterday as I finished and am now on nothing. I was originally in the class of april 2013, managed 50 days, sooooo pleased then I don't know what happened but I fell. I cant ever go through this again, its just too much, iv not been out of my bed till yesterday, my kids think I have flu, my H is being wonderful and supportive again...poor man. This is it, I need to get healthy, for all my darling family who love me but most of all for me. I am not this person, this bloated, lanky haired (and its falling out) spotty woman, I look in the mirror and that is not the beautiful woman in the wedding photo in our lounge looking back at me. I PRAY FOR STRENGTH, I can do this. I feel positive, I have faith and know God will get me through. Good luck to all you others getting sober in September ..love & blessings xx
Old 09-08-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard fruity, I look nothing like my wedding pic anymore, but if we keep trying to sort out problem, we eventually will look better x well done on the time you've already clocked up
Old 09-08-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Hi everybody. Just posting quickly before I get sucked in any more and have another unproductive day!

Thanks again for being here last night when I needed to get through the rough spot. I went to bed early, got a great sleep and was at the gym by 8am this morning. I've spent the last two hours or so reading here and doing some posting, so it's high time for me to get up off my butt now.

Hope all of you have a good day (or sleep depending on where you're coming from)!

We're in this together.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
I am ashamed to say, I am the one. Same old story. The AV was so strong and I fell for it. I am beginning to feel like I will never succeed at being sober and will kill myself slowly with wine. I am repeating my mother's life. Addicted to food, wine, and she also to cigarettes. The butts killed her. At 65. She never met my daughter or son. Here I am, doing just what she did. I feel so weak, with no will power.

Anyway, it will not work to slink away and not be honest. I apologize to everyone for posting and not being honest last night. I binge ate a bit too. I got into the potato chips. I am really trying to be healthy and i failed all around last night. Not like I ate the whole bag, but it is a pattern. I drink and i eat, together, things I would not if i were sober. That was how I got to be overweight and diabetic.

I also deserve the headache I now have.

Please forgive me and continue to help me finish this month. I really cannot do this without any support or connections to people who understand.
No judgment! We have all been there so many times. I think it's awesome you are so honest and back in the game. Big hugs.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Welcome new friends to the September class.

I woke up this morning and took my dog for a run before 8 am! This is a miracle and something I have never done when drinking. Now it is time to do work and watch football. Stay strong everyone!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hey all, pretty chilled Sunday here. Met up with my Dad for a walk. As I get out the car he presents 3 bottles of posh craft beer for me! Anyway they were out the house within twenty minutes, I want nothing to do with the stuff! Given them to someone who will actually appreciate them.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
The first day is the hardest

5 days for me . haven't posted in here in a day which I didn't even realise lol
Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oldselfagain View Post
Hey Madbird, I've had awful dreams that I drank and woke up all disappointed with myself and then realized it was only a dream. Phew ��
From what I've read on here, those types of dreams are pretty common!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Day 8 drawing slowly to a close for me. Didn't get everything I wanted to do done this weekend but more than if I had been drinking