# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of September 2013 part 2

we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2013-a-23.html

D
Old 09-05-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My face is slightly less red today after 6 days sober. Still have a pretty serious terra cotta tone going though. I wonder how long it will take that to go away. If ever. I used to be pale a long time ago.

I felt slightly more sociable today. Just slightly. Interacted with some strangers in tiny ways at work that I would have normally not even noticed and done my most to avoid interacting at all. Tomorrow will be a tough day for me because I'm in charge of a very big/visible project that will come to a conclusion tomorrow. Normally, I would want to celebrate something like that. Couple that with a Friday night and its going to be tricky.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to all the newcomers - this is a very fast moving thread

congrats on your 30 days Caged Turtle

I drank to get over shyness too (and a lot of toher things) but you know what?

I figure now (finally) it's ok to be me - I may be shy but I'm not unfriendly, I have a good life, great friends, and it's really fits me. I don't have to try to be anyone I'm not anymore

to anyone having a hard day today - stick with it - it's worth it

D
Old 09-05-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow Uninvited, be strong!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The first day is the hardest

im looking forward to waking up tomorrow hopefully in a good mood and get through day 2 sober although its my first weekend coming up
Old 09-05-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johnatahn1 View Post
im looking forward to waking up tomorrow hopefully in a good mood and get through day 2 sober although its my first weekend coming up
Tomorrow is day 3 for me and first weekend. I've got some things planned to distract me from going to a bar.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The first day is the hardest

Originally Posted by taluhla View Post
Tomorrow is day 3 for me and first weekend. I've got some things planned to distract me from going to a bar.
yeah I need to make some plans although I have no money till next week so maybe its a good thing
Old 09-05-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me again. I'm trying to remind myself that it will get better but it doesn't feel like it ever will. I really need to get this under control once and for all. I feel really scared and it hurts to think of how badly I've treated my life and my wife and friends. I'm searching for some kind of feeling of strength but it's hard.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well it's bedtime for me, looking forward to waking up sober again!

Lots of love all, hang on in there. September is OUR month!!!

Hope you're feeling a bit better in the morning John, well done on getting through today, and all the other newcomers too.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Night all x sleep well and soberly x
Old 09-05-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

New thread woo!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Alcofribas, it's natural to be scared. You're contemplating a big change. If what you've been doing isn't working for you, try something better. There's strength in numbers, so stick around and take the journey with us.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

why not think of ways to celebrate that add to the celebration, not ones that detract from it like alcohol does Uninvited?

D
Old 09-05-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me just finishing...movie with popcorn then bath, book, bed and beyond...not too shabby. Nearly didn't post but then remembered I need this support and keeping my recovery public is a necessary thing for me to do x
Old 09-05-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Finally got through the work day. Still annoyed that I couldn't let myself enjoy my nice night, but hopefully that will come in time. Went to the bar to say hi to friends, it was still light out so everyone was still pretty lucid so it was nice. My best friend was there but she had been drinking all day and was trying to joke with me but also being half-vicious and I was cranky anyway so I left. I don't know how I go to bars and hang out but I am fine with it. I guess I just leave when I want to like today. If I'm in danger of slipping it's because something in me just takes over and I go seek booze.
Anyway, I'm home and boring now even though it's a lovely fall day and I have a four day weekend. I suppose I really want a drink. This time of year really tempts me. But I seemed fine saying no earlier... Trying to stay conscious so I don't get over confident and trick myself
Old 09-05-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day 3 here, woohoo! I said I was gonna call this day 2 since day 1 was a crippling hangover, but you know what? That hangover got me sober and I did not drink that day, so I'm counting that day because it feels good!

I'm celebrating by going to the gym and then making pesto spaghetti with shrimp and avocado slices. Mmmmmmm! I'm really looking forward to a great dinner after a good tough workout. I'm starting to incorporate weight machines after the elliptical and that makes me feel proud, challenging myself.

I'm happy to be here. I spent my entire morning reading SR, it shored me up for the whole day. Thank you everyone!

We can do this, Septembers!!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 5 complete. So many people on here, at work, everywhere who believe in my intentions. I will beat alcohol before it beats me to the ground.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Evening

managed to resist the urge to go out to the bar tonight! Thursdays were my binge drinking nights (usually the only night of the week I'd drink) so this was a pretty tough decision for me. Just made some tea however which tastes excellent AND is a detox tea
Old 09-05-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well, there was no alcohol in the house, but hubby came home with a case of Harpoon beer. I am resisting. But my mouth is literally watering thinking about it. Just being honest.

Lots to do tomorrow and it has been great to wake feeling pretty fresh, even if I have not been sleeping great. Still way better than a day after drinking. I do not always get drunk if I drink, but it does always leave me tired the next day. So, thinking that through to the end.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

"Evening"

You got that right! I'm on my commute home and about to enter my most difficult hours. I'm going to try and go straight to the gym. Hoping that helps.

Great job everyone on your days.