Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 17

Old 07-03-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
Matthew, so sorry to hear about your brother in law's diagnosis. Sending good vibes your way.
Thanks, it just makes me so sad.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I admirre you for having what it takes to major in psychology. I liked Psych 101 a lot. I'm bipolar, so I'm keenly interested in the DSM-V and behavioral health techniques. And of course, I've got a soft spot for alcoholics!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I admirre you for having what it takes to major in psychology.
It was a breeze really. Was bored after sophomore year most of the time, I'm thinking it's why I strayed off course with the Philosophy. Some of the psych classes were fun and interesting, but I truly became disillusioned with it on many levels.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Everyone is having nice Vermont Craft Beers, but me. Ugh, this isn't easy. Hardest test so far.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

My wife just said, "it's okay to have a beer, because it is a controlled environment." Ugh
Old 07-03-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I know the feeling. I drank good stuff and when I see someone enjoying a fine cocktail, I do get a pang of "gee I wish I could have just one..."

Hang in there!
Old 07-03-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi Undies, I'll be getting S.R withdrawals at this rate, I've really missed posting here today. I'm a bit (very) stressed out just now, headachy and tired. Never mind, tomorrow's another day.
We've got a heat wave forecast for next week apparently, I'll look forward to that.

Hi Steve, my son as per usual has p'd me off, huge style, I'm at the end of my tether with him and it takes a lot to get me to that point!! Hmm you and the dog, I may consider it!

Melivin I'm really glad your brother went to the meeting with you, he must be really proud of you. You two seem very close, which is lovely. Good on you getting your 5 mth chip.
Oh my goodness, what are you doing letting yourself get dehydrated like that, naughty, naughty! Get some water down you woman, NOW!
Aw58 and Petecrab, welcome to the Undies, yay another two from the U.K. this is fantastic thread and you'll get loads of support from the good people here. Your bodies will adjust to recovery eventually. I went from being totally insomniac to sleeping like the living dead and now I sleep well most nights, with the occasional insomniac ones thrown in! Just be kind to yourself and listen to what your body is telling you, rest if you are tired, eat as well as you can and drink as much water as you can stomach to re-hydrate. What book are you reading Aw?

Night night B.F sleep well, I can't believe how many posts there are this evening either! I'm going to here all night at this rate! Two weeks will be up before you know it.

Hi HD3, that's really good advice you've given there.

Have a wonderful holiday WWG and relax. If you don't feel quite ready to tell your parents yet, then don't, you can always tell them a bit later on. Play it by ear and see how it goes, just enjoy. Kudos on 100 days, that really is awesome. xxx

Thank you Tanja, it's a pain, but I'll post as often as I can. I'm glad you're enjoying the babysitting, you sound like a natural. How is your Nephew doing?

Hi Silentrun, good to see you posting here and thanks for sharing your story.

Samwich it's great to see you too, keep posting and stick with us.

Oh my goodness WWG, that is so sad, my thought and prayers with your brother in law tonight. That certainly puts things into perspective.

Hi Gilmer. You've had such a lot on this last week or so, I bet you're glad you've got those papers out of the way now.

DG409 hi and thanks, I will post as much as I can but it will be a bit less than I was doing, I'm not happy about it but it can't be helped.
I really admire you for giving up booze, fags and weed, you are so strong, I'm in awe. 8 weed free days is a great achievement.

Drake, you're very nearly there! Have patience my man.

Lovely to see you posting Midnight and you're sounding good. How's things?

Steve, enjoy your night off. Miss you too I'll be here whenever I can.

Jennie, I hope you enjoy Bob Dylan, let us know how it went. The last band I saw live was 'The Eagles' a couple of years ago and they were fantastic.

Matthew, stay strong, remember you have 100 days behind you now! You can do this.

See you all tomorrow

Stay safe and sober

GXxx
Old 07-03-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

SoberJennie ~ How was the show.. I hope it was a good one.. I have seen Bobby D play solo and with bands around 40 sometimes and it really can be a crap shoot special within the last 10 years.. (plus I was named after him)....

Well just a great powerful sober day spent with my friend/sponsor.. Hit up two meetings, went down the the Cleveland central office, and stopped at Stella's the detox center for a while to chat with some of the residents..

Then bought bbq rib dinners for us.. (his belated birthday treat), and something I couldn't do 8+ months ago.. Its been a amazing ride for the last 1 1/2 of getting to this point in sobriety...

Have a safe and sober holiday for all in the states, and everyone else, just keep smiling cause sobriety looks good on you..
Old 07-03-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
My wife just said, "it's okay to have a beer, because it is a controlled environment." Ugh
Eeeek! That was my first thoughts reading this... and then, omg... don't do it! That's the trick.

Stay strong!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post

Eeeek! That was my first thoughts reading this... and then, omg... don't do it! That's the trick.

Stay strong!
Going to bed sober, and glad I stayed strong. Be well Undies.
Matthew
Old 07-03-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

WWG way to go not drinkin the beer!

Stevie 12 days straight of work? Yikes! And I complain of night class two nights a week after work haha. You def get the gold star!

Grace there you are! Thought u disappeared on us!

I'm watching the duck dynasty marathon looking forward to a relaxing day off tomorrow.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Going to bed sober, and glad I stayed strong. Be well Undies.
Matthew
Old 07-04-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning Undies! Day 89 here... dang will 90 EVER come? I think I need to stop counting after that. Have a good holiday here in the US and a great day wherever you are!

Old 07-04-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

8.30 Thur

Good morning Undies and a very happy 4th July to those of you that celebrate it. I wish you all a wonderful, happy, sober weekend.

Hi HD3, I love your cheerful posts, they brighten my day. I'm glad you had such a good day yesterday with your sponsor, you both deserved it.

Hi Jennie, I thought the same too, when I read it!

I knew you could do it Matthew, you're stronger than you think. Enjoy today too.

Hi B.F, yes I'm still here, they've taken our Internet access away at work, ( meanies) so I can only post from home from now on.

Nearly there Drake, nearly there, bet you're counting the hours, minutes and seconds, lol.

See you all later, I have places to go, people to see.

Stay safe and sober my Undies

Gxx

Just for Today: I will strive to confront conflict in a healthy way.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 101, just got back from fishing with my dad.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

hi everyone, Day 7 and doing ok. slept better last night. Going to a family party on saturday night, a real test
Old 07-04-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 7 is huge Aw58 and I'm glad you got some sleep. At the party make sure you have a full glass of something non-alc ( of course) at all times, it does stop people from just plonking a drink in your hand. You can do it.

Gxx
Old 07-04-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Melivinsober - I hope you are keeping yourself hydrated today! I absolutely love your idea of making a chain of chips as a decoration. I may do the same with my chips

Welcome Silentrun Congrats on getting close to reaching 5 whole months of sobriety.

Gilmer - I'm sorry to hear that your counseling class is not more interesting. Like you I would assume that a class like that would have a lot of useful information. As far as your advice not generally being helpful - nothing could be further from the truth. You have been very helpful here on SR

Matthew - I am so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's illness. Way to go on staying on the sober path despite being in an environment that was not conducive to sobriety. You are going strong. I couldn't be happier for you. A very hearty congratulations to you on your 101 days of sobriety

HD - It sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday. Your posts always inspire me to want to do more in the fellowship. Your day really sounds like a day well spent!

Steve - Congratulations on 210 days of sobriety! You must be on or very near 7 months. Thank goodness you got an opportunity to treat yourself to a lovely meal as a reward. Hopefully, you can find small ways to treat yourself in the next two weeks with that rough work schedule.

Grace - I hope you have a wonderful day today! My nephew is still drinking. I asked him about it last week . He said he did drink. I made the statement about how difficult it would be to take care of the baby and drink. He got defensive and said he didn't get hammered. My first thought was "your an alcoholic - how could you not get hammered". At any rate, I am here for him and he knows that.

Drake - One quarter of a year of sobriety is approaching fast! I hate the counting of days and yet I still do it. Living in the moment, appreciating each day and not looking to the future really is a new skill for me and I think it takes a good deal of practice.

Last night I attended an AA meeting and there was a poignant share by someone that is really struggling. She really laid her heart and soul out there. She did have at one point - six years of sobriety. She has been in relapse mode now for three years. She has basically lost everything; her job, her children, her husband and I think her hope. She is entering sober living on Friday. I think I will buy her a card and write her a letter to tell her much admiration and courage that she has shown me. To encourage, love and support her.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday and Happy Fourth of July.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day 210 here just waiting in the car to pick the bin lids up from school and then it's time for work... Got a huge shift tonight 4pm till 8 am so yeah 16 hours at work I can't wait lol...

I'll check back later... Take care...Steve.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Happy Independence Day to everyone here in the US!

Today is day 87 no alcohol for me...I keep trying to catch up with Drake, but it simply isn't working!!! lol

Yesterday was Day 9 no weed!!

Things are looking up for me a bit today. A few of my efforts to get my life back on track are starting to pay off. I slept in late this morning, and it's a holiday!! (I still have a little work to do... I work for myself and promised a client I'd have some stuff done by tomorrow, but it should be decently enjoyable doing it once I make myself sit down and start. That seems to be the hardest thing for me about my job is just starting.)

Hope everyone has a happy 4th whether they're in the US or not... it's still the 4th of July everywhere!