Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 17

Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Near yeovil. I'm only on day 1 aw58! Gone through the vomiting stage and now it's the sleep! Good job I like coffee!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Stevie ! a month with no sleep lol I will look lovely with baggy eyes.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

aw Pete being sick no fun, I felt sick on my way to work on Monday but it passed. Im not reading what the withdrawals are as I will end up having them. Maybe you should get help from the doctor if you were a heavy drinker. Im more of a binge drinker , once I start cant stop..
Old 07-02-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I tried to get an appointment today but was unsuccessful. Will see what tomorrow brings!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
I tried to get an appointment today but was unsuccessful. Will see what tomorrow brings!
getting appointments these days are a nightmare, but I think you should try again. Ive just bought a book from amazon its a true life story on a women who drank, its helping me as I can relate to what shes saying, maybe do a bit of research on Amazon and find a book. I read your posts and you say your boss has warned you but was sympathetic , Im a boss and I wouldn't have one minute say I understand then warn you to buck your ideas up, its to much pressure, but people who don't have issues don't really get it. What about family members, is that you in the photo ...
Old 07-02-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yes it was a strange convo but at least I wasn't fired. Yes it's me. I used to be a manager but changed jobs and I'm now bottom of the pile. Don't think that's helped over the past year
Old 07-02-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
Yes it was a strange convo but at least I wasn't fired. Yes it's me. I used to be a manager but changed jobs and I'm now bottom of the pile. Don't think that's helped over the past year
wow so young might have to adopt you and mother you lol. Yes I can understand the job thing I changed Jobs a few years ago, my decision to have an easier life and ease into retirement, less money less responsibility, but I found it hard and not challenging having a couple of staff from a 100 , I started drinking every night and had a hangover every day, had time off work made up all sorts of excuses, no one knew I had a problem so got hauled into the bosses office told off big style, felt stupid at my age, but it made me think, the job was ok so I cut down then stopped for 8 months, got a side wards promotion so ended up doing two roles which Im really enjoying. But I started drinking again , I had rules tho, none in the week just weekends and never after 3pm on a Sunday, but its crept up and up and although not had time off its effected my work and felt ill at work, so hence Ive recognised it and Im on day 6
Old 07-02-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm 26. Lol you can if you want. Lost my mother a few years back and was probably what's triggered the drinking. I hope every night isn't like tonight, literally had about an hour sleep so far
Old 07-02-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4004934

read this pete
Old 07-02-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Drugged - High On Alcohol - YouTube

Pete watch this

Right Im going to read and hopefully rest , try to relax and have a nap. Im really sorry to hear about your Mum, you can PM me any time.. Ange
Old 07-02-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I rarely slept at all the first night guys - I think it's not only withdrawal but fear acting on us.

I slept a little on the second night, more on the third...give it a little time.

D
Old 07-02-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I have drifted off a couple times but woken in a panic after a few minutes. Not sure if I should go to work
Old 07-02-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi undies

Just checking in before bed. I can't believe there's already 3 pages of posts!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:31 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

only you can decide that pete - whatever you decide take care of yourself today

D
Old 07-02-2013, 11:34 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

I myself wound up in the ER and once the ICU from my alcohol detox.. So it can be very, very dangerous.. If you were a heavy drinker like me, please detox with medical support..

Welcome..

Long day, gang.. I am beat. So take it easy and one day at time..
Old 07-03-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

100 days sober today. We're off to Vermont to see my family for the Holiday, and fishing. Glad to be sober. Still trying to decide if I tell my parents, they are my best friends.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Welcome EW and congratulations on over 2 weeks of sobriety!

Melivinsober - That is simply wonderful that your brother has 3 years of sobriety and accompanied you to the meeting. I am so happy that you got to pick up a 5 month chip. I know for me, how rewarding it is to pick up a monthly chip. the sense of pride and accomplishment is in direct contrast to the awful feelings experienced when I was active in my addiction.

Congratulations DG0409 on 86 days of not drinking and over a week of complete freedom from all addictive substances. That is incredible that you are tackling three addictions simultaneously. You should be so very proud of yourself.

Welcome and congratulations to AW58 for over one week of sobriety

Welcome Pete! I do hope that took the day off and took care of yourself. Withdrawal can be dangerous and if it does get bad - please get medical help.

Grace - I am so sorry to hear that your internet connection got cut off at work. I look forward to reading your posts every day.

Tonight I am babysitting my grandnephew again. It's been over 25 years since I babysat; so it is an interesting experience. Thank goodness, Marcus is a bundle of joy.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

BF, HI! Hope you're well. :]

WWG I bet they will be more accepting than the anticipation is letting you believe. But do what's best. 100 DAYS!!!!

Drake, How are you? Getting closer

Aw56 and Pete, WELCOME. This forum is full of really knowledgeable people. Keep posting, good days, bad days, as much as you can.

I was a binge drinker too. I was surprised that I still went through PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome)... but then I guess I drank more than I thought I did upon reflection... And after I thought about my sleep pattern before I started drinking I realized I've ALWAYS had a hard time sleeping. That's part of why my drinking escalated. The nights I couldn't go to sleep I drank or used Niquil/vicodin/cough syrup. Anything. So five months along here, still hard to sleep, but my legs have stopped spasming and life is better so waking up now again is fine.

So, I live in the desert.... I know the signs of dehydration: Headache, sore throat, fatigue, tense muscles, delirium(or air-headedness before it gets so bad) ... Yep, that's right. I had no water in two days and I am now dehydrated. Didn't need to go to the hospital but I know if I had done anything outside today That's where I'd be. 32 days in a row now we've had over 100 degrees fahrenheit weather and I go and skip water and have 2 energy drinks and 3 cups of coffee in one day. Had a kink in my neck all yesterday and I woke up with the WORST headache I've had this morning. So... I'm up early cuz I'm too uncomfortable to sleep and I'm trying to get some fluids in. I gotta switch to tea. *sigh* It's gunna be hard. But HEY! If I can go 5 months without booze I can cut out energy drinks!!! I'm drinking straight water but I've just made a gallon of tea and a gallon of fruit juice when I get sick of water. After two cups I already am, lol. My goal is two more and then I'll go to sleep. Thanks for letting me rant loves! Oh, the point of telling you this is because being dehydrated obviously makes your whole body feel like crap. I bet this is why I've been in a funk mood and my ankle hasn't healed yet. YAY!!! Hope! :P Bye all. I'll check in later.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi Tanja!!! Yes, I'm so glad he came. And I'm going to start making a chain of chips as a decoration I guess. :P It's got chips 1-2-3-4 and chip 5 goes in my pocket every day. Then month 6!!!! haha I fell like a little kid waiting for her birthday.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Barely could get out of bed this morning. These night classes are kicking my butt! Only 2 more weeks!

WWG enjoy your holiday and congrats on the 100!