Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 17

Old 07-04-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi Undies!

Took my dog to the park this morning to play a lil ball and she chased the birds around which is one of her favorite things to do!
I'm just hangin at home today relaxin. Don't feel like being around a bunch of drunk people partying so I'm fine watching some movies with my dogs!

Hope everyone has a great sober holiday / day for those of you not in the states!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Happy 4th, to those celebrating the holiday

Hey Grace, no Internet at work.
Sounds like a place I used to work at
Our children, though grown, can be such a trial. Keep going forward friend, one year is right around the corner.

Bloss
Old 07-04-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Back to SR again. Tried committing to sobriety again in June but failed pretty quickly because of traveling for work. Just had a 3 evening binge as part of a work function this week and it didn't end pretty. Why do I keep doing this to myself? I feel horrible today, could barely find the capacity to respond to emails, still having alcohol on the breath almost 24hrs after my last drink. I am losing this battle. I need help, I need change. I feel like I'm sacrificing my health, my career, my family, and my sanity just so I can drink beer with the guys. This has got to stop now. Maybe I need more than SR to prevent another relapse. I just want this battle to end and to get on with living. I don't want to look back again. I don't think I have the stamina to go through another binge, withdrawals, massive hangover, and the embarrassment. So this is it, I hope.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Quick check in: Had a dream about smoking pot last night. In the dream I was trying to decided if that ruined my sobriety or not, and had to come up with lies and that whole deal.

When I dropped my brother off at his friends house. His friend asked if I wanted to smoke pot and my brother said, "no she's not into that." Like I'm not making an actual decision to abstain from using it. ...Honestly I didn't know that was something I still had a problem with until then. I had to leave immediately.

I think I'm sick. (not just mentally feeling bad) I'm still pretty dehydrated but I have to go to work. Ugh. Off I go. Happy Thursday Undies.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
My wife just said, "it's okay to have a beer, because it is a controlled environment." Ugh
I can so relate to the above
I told my husband this morning I was struggling with not having a drink, I just wanted him to know, it might appear from the outside I'm doing ok , but my head is all over the place, he said well if you feel that bad have a drink !!!!
I was stuck dumb which takes a lot, he did text later and said sorry, but even tho I know I have his support he doesn't understand how its effected me.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hello there Undies

So sorry for disappearing for so long. Just popped by to wish you all a Happy 4th July to those celebrating today.

I'm still enjoying my sober journey and loving life even with it's ups and downs.

Looking forward to reading back and catching up on all your news.

Take care and stay strong.

Catch you all later
Hugs
x
Old 07-04-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Originally Posted by SoberMarathon View Post
Back to SR again. Tried committing to sobriety again in June but failed pretty quickly because of traveling for work. Just had a 3 evening binge as part of a work function this week and it didn't end pretty. Why do I keep doing this to myself? I feel horrible today, could barely find the capacity to respond to emails, still having alcohol on the breath almost 24hrs after my last drink. I am losing this battle. I need help, I need change. I feel like I'm sacrificing my health, my career, my family, and my sanity just so I can drink beer with the guys. This has got to stop now. Maybe I need more than SR to prevent another relapse. I just want this battle to end and to get on with living. I don't want to look back again. I don't think I have the stamina to go through another binge, withdrawals, massive hangover, and the embarrassment. So this is it, I hope.
Welcome back !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Book Online - the doctor's opinion

I hope maybe you will give this a read, and it really explains to me what happens to me when I pick up that first drink.. And if you think you could use some extra help outside of SR, We in AA are always open for another person to come by and chat... No pressure, no need to even talk if you don't want, just think about coming by to join some other people living without alcohol for a day at a time..

This is the way I spoke yesterday about the " Let Go and Let God" slogan at the detox center...

God has given us free will. We can choose to travel our road with or without or very own Creator. We can make use of Divine power or not. But we ought to understand that all the power we have come from a God as We Understand Him. We are not helpless; we can make our own decisions. Whether we will be happy is up to us. Whether we brighten the lives of those around is also up to us. But the power of the decision , even if it is negative, comes from your own God.

"Let Go and Let God" is an expression of power. We can bring the liberating power of the universe into our life. By depending on our own strength alone we limit ourselves. By surrendering to ~ letting God take over ~ we free ourselves. Surrendering is no more and act of weakness than is saying we need help with a difficult task. In fact for this stubborn alcoholic its easier than asking another human. When we let God's power flow through us, we are demonstrating great strength..

And closed with this quote...
"Despair is the absolute extreme of self love. It is reached when a man deliberately turns his back on all help from anyone else in order to taste the rotten luxury of knowing himself to be lost."

Thomas Merton....

Well I wish everyone a happy and peaceful day... I am off to a evening lead meeting then to watch fireworks on Lake Erie... Peace and Love...

Old 07-04-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Nicky

have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 07-04-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Well done ange on saying now and resisting the temptation. And hey too everyone else. Not introduced myself. I'm Pete, obviously!
Old 07-04-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Pete

D
Old 07-04-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Official day 55 after yukky crash Jan 15/13
Very minor drinkies post crash but best no cheating, even at 71
Old 07-04-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi Undies.
After over six months here just found you.

Time to show off..............

Stopped the ciggies over 35 years ago except for one very small lapse 20 years+ when I tried some weed which did next to nothing for me.

Didn't have too much trouble with the fags; a completely different tale booze & benzos.

alf 55
Old 07-04-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, thought I would look into the room and see what you are all up to. Some of you know me, ( I make no apologies) others may have noticed my avatar Molly ( dis the dog at your peril) on other threads. I get around, trying not to outstay my welcome!

Grace you must be climbing the walls not being able to check SR at work

Matthew, over 100 now, and knocking back such a temptation too! Yay!

DG, your rhyming has improved since you ditched the weed!

Well, im off before you decide to tar and feather me 😄
Old 07-04-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey peeps Day 211 just starting here for me as I'm 8 hours into a 16 hour night shift...I must be mental for working all these hours but they are short staffed and they prefer to have me on site rather than some newbie who doesn't know the ropes....You all sound like you are doing well and I'm proud of each and every one of us...

Take care all......Steve.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 101, and we are having a good time with my family in Vermont. I still haven't told my parents I quit and how well I am doing. But, it is tough being with others as the drink and enjoy themselves. You all sound good, and thank God for SR. I'm looking forward to a good day of fishing tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Just gone Midnight

Hi again Undies, just popping in quickly to before I go to bed. Had a busy day with the children as per usual on my day off. I'm going to an Ice-cream factory tomorrow ( eat your heart out Steve, lol) with my daughter's m.i.l who happens to be one of my closest friends and our joint g.children. Should be fun.

Hi Tanja, it is a bit worrying re your Nephew drinking whilst looking after the baby, he may not have been hammered but we know what it's like, if he's 'one of us' he just can't have a couple and call it day! Keep a close eye on that situation and keep talking to him, I hope he realises how very lucky he is to have you.
I think that is a truly thoughtful and kind thought to buy that lady in your meeting a card and write her a letter. It's always good to know someone cares and I know for a fact that if I were her I would be delighted.

!6 hours Steve!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy, lol.

You're sounding better DG409, keep on working on getting your life back on track, it can be done, I'm getting there!

B.F your day sounds nice and relaxed, just what I could do with.

Hi Bloss, I know it's dismal isn't it. Since the company got taken over by a Spanish Company a couple of years ago, it is rapidly going downhill and the staff moral is rock bottom. I have been having S.R withdrawals.

Sobermarathon, welcome back and like I always say,' falling down isn't failing, staying down is failing.' Maybe you do need something more than S.R, there a plenty of other options available including AA. Why not start by seeing your Doctor and getting a health check, he may also be able to advice of local support groups. It has to be worth a try.

Melivin, what a strange dream that was. Get some water down you, being dehydrated can make you feel really poorly.

Aw58, people who don't have our addiction just can't understand. If we could just have one drink we wouldn't be here.

Hi Nicky, you've been missed and its so lovely to see your post. I'm glad your well and I hope all is well in your world.

That's another amazing post HD3, thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Thank you and have a good week end yourself Dee.

Hi Pete, how's it going?

Welcome Murchovski, it's good to have you with us. Put the yucky crash behind you, that's in the past, just concentrate on today, baby steps. You cracked the ciggies and you will do the same with the alcohol.

Hi my dear Toots, I'm so happy to see you hear and I hope you come back again. Yes, my work days are very long without Internet access, I'll have to think of something else to do, perhaps I'll file my nails, lol. Tar and feather!!! As if we would!

Steve, you must have some stamina the hours you put it. It will pay off though in the end when you start looking for other employment. No one could say that you are not a worker.

Off to bed now

Good night and sleep well

Gxxxxx
Old 07-04-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Two parties today, did not drink at either. The last was a small cookout. The host was rip smashed drunk as usual. Knocked over his TV and a couple tables, repeated himself all night.... really embarrassing. A true inspiration to keep sober.

90 days in a couple hours.... FINALLY!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

An hour and a half and Drake has their 90 days..

Have a good night gang.. Or good morning or afternoon where ever you may be..
Old 07-05-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
Two parties today, did not drink at either. The last was a small cookout. The host was rip smashed drunk as usual. Knocked over his TV and a couple tables, repeated himself all night.... really embarrassing. A true inspiration to keep sober.

90 days in a couple hours.... FINALLY!
Hi Drake, and congratulations on 90 days! I remember meeting you in the 30 days and under when you were starting out, look how far you have come now! Fantastic!

Stevie, I would struggle to stay awake for 16 hours let alone work! Can you get a pair of those glasses with the eyes painted on??

Grace I have just gotten round to hooking up my ipad to the works wifi, but have been so busy, I haven't had chance to take advantage yet! It is all change at my place too, lots of folk leaving and fewer new faces arriving so the workload is increasing causing more folk to leave......

WWG, I just spent the weekend with my folks, talked a little with my mum about stopping drinking, but didn't get down to the bare nasties, as I think she would find a way to blame herself ( not out of a ego thing but worrying that she caused her baby to be a drunk) I just said I had trouble not drinking too much when I did drink and was happier and healthier without. It didn't feel like what was left unsaid was a big thing, more that she was relieved to accept my explanation. End result is the same, she knows not to offer me drink, and is happy her little girl is doing and looking so well.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Drake

D