Notices

One Year and Over Club- Part 12

Old 07-06-2013, 12:01 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
instant

It is great to see posts about 3 years. I remember crying with a mixture of emotions when I made six months (only the second time in my life I had done that). It was something I had thought was beyond me but it happened. It really does take time for self belief to come to the fore- I am continually amazed what is possible for us.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:59 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

scw, we do share a common bond, and a common solution kinda
Old 07-06-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Thank you for all your kind words when I last checked in, only wished I'd pushed myself a bit further and popped into to read your posts sooner.

Well thankfully I've overcome my low mood and the funny thing was it was a natural medical condition, I'm sure the ladies will understand...........lol Just thought I was too young for it.......haha

Any how I'm still here, still sober and contented once more.

Off to catch up and all your lovely posts

Catch you all later
x
Old 07-06-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Hello all,and I'm joining you now.

Getting ready for a big move to Ohio. I've never lived anywhere except my home town in Southern California so this will be interesting.

I've had a tough couple weeks with other people but that's being resolved.

Good to meet you all,
Old 07-07-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the thread Shock

D
Old 07-07-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

So good to hear from everyone with their three year anniversaries, especially this...

Originally Posted by SweetCityWoman View Post
I couldn't imagine nor comprehend a sober life until I was well beyond that first year and maybe closer to year 2 sober. I guess I will always be learning new things with each additional year of sobriety.
That's good to hear

Congratulations all 2

Hi Shockozulu
Old 07-07-2013, 01:42 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
instant

Welcome Shock. I used to think group was "elite" , then I joined and lowered the tone somewhat LOL, great to have you here
Old 07-07-2013, 02:15 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

hiya schock, and welcome aboard
Old 07-07-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Shock, welcome to "the club".

Not much new to report. Just cruising along in the sober lane and lovin' it
Old 07-07-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Really great and inspiring to hear from those hitting three years. Congrats to you guys and thank you for posting because I can hear the joy in your posts and it gives me hope that things keep getting better.
Welcome shock! Good to see you here!
I had a good 4th and am moseying through the weekend just fine. Sometimes I don't know what to do with myself and it gets frustrating but I keep plugging along. Hope everyone is well!
Old 07-07-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Warm welcome to you Shock.

OLL Moseying along sounds good to me

Off my hols tomorrow and looking forward to some rest.

Catch up with you all soon.

x
Old 07-07-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi Dee Hope you're well. x
Old 07-09-2013, 03:01 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Welcome Shock.

Well I did rest up, had a day back at work today and will have the next 2 days off. Great! And I even got to spend time at the beach today on a beautifully sunny day with one client. Yep, tough job. But thankfully I am feeling much better.

I had the most lovely and heartwarming thing happen yesterday. A friend who I have not spoken to in over 2 years called me. Time and distance made no difference, our closeness was still there. Nothing gets in the way of true friendships! So lovely and I really needed it.
Amazing really, we met travelling in NZ 16 yrs ago,then lived at the same time in the UK, visited eachother in Germany, lived down the road from eachother in Australia and now live in 2 different countries.....and still dear dear friends.

Anyway..... hope you are all doing great
Old 07-09-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Caledonia hope you enjoy your rest!
Manz that sounds so nice that you were able to have a such a great catch up with your friend!
Back to the grind for me. I've gotten away from meditating and need to get back into it. I'm thinking a little too much about the future and not enjoying the present as much. Other than that not much to report. Hope everyone is well!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

OLL, as someone who just hopped on the mindful meditation bandwagon, I say you should definitely climb right back on. I can feel a difference after only a few weeks of practice. My mind still bounces around space and time like a monkey looking for a banana... but now I've got a leash, and can give the rascal a gentle tug to pull it back into the here and now.

And here and now is pretty darn good. I've been doing a lot of work in the back yard for the past week, laying down patio stones for a table and chairs, and also on the spot where I park my kayak. Got some ideas for landscaping too, but the centerpiece of my plans is a hammock that's due to arrive this week (I am excited to sleep in it when the work is done!). I think I avoided spending much time in the yard until now because of bad memories. I remember standing out there some nights, drunk as always, wondering if I'd ever stop, doubting I could, envisioning my own death. I thought about those times while I was moving around dirt and rocks. We sure have come a long way. It feels good to not only have left behind the past, but to be taking better advantage of the present, and investing a bit more in the future, too.

Thanks for setting such good examples for me, everyone. Shock, it's great to see you on this thread!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

r&a, love your spin on meditaion!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
instant

In the throws of winter. It is dark when I get up. I have been home alone, but been out most nights. Life is starting to get fuller.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

In the throws of trying to get my car started. It's dark right now, and it won't get up.

I will check the battery terminals etc. in the morning. In the meantime, I'm going to try something new: being cool with uncertainty.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

back on deck Nicky

D
Old 07-12-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Quiet on here.

Dee glad you back on board, hope you doing ok?

R&A...did the monkey need bananas today? haha

I am getting back to basics, or trying my best. Eat, sleep, activity, enjoyment...trying for this each day. I have worked 2 days in the last 14 and honestly feel like not going back. I love the work.....I just feel a fraud right now because I am in such a tough place emotionally. I am heading towards that dark place some call depression, or deep sadness. Today alone I sat huddled under my blanket because I was suddenly so afraid to be alone, but also too afraid to reach out for support. It comes in waves. I'm working closely with my therapist thankfully......

I'm sorry to be a wet blanket, it is not the true me....but I guess this is my safe place to be honest. So thanks for that.

I contemplated drinking earlier, for about 5 minutes actually......that is a long time given it is not part of my life anymore. I am not going to drink, but it is a sign I need to pay attention to. I have been told I need to take better care of me, something I dont believe I deserve......but I am trying.

Hugs needed......