Notices

Class of February 2013 Part 7

Old 06-03-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

1step, ub, odelle: if it's any consolation I've gone back out in the past. Took what I learned from that experience to help with getting a few months sober together now. Are there other detoxes you can check out ub? 1step my last drink in Feb occurred about a week or so before I had to handle some big things for my and my family's future. Not fun but it can be done. Hang in there!

Happy birthday Melissa! Happy four months venus!

Sorry for not posting more or in more detail. Trying to screw up the courage to be more open. People irl find me hard to get to know too. Missing the social lubricant of alcohol but need to learn to live life without it. Peace, everyone
Old 06-03-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I'm just under 4 mths wooooooW what a roller coaster can't say it's been easy AT all . UB could only imagine how your state of mind is please go easy on yourself cause we are human it happens you can do it again your meant to b here big hugs your way xxxx congrats Mel x
Old 06-04-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Melissa! Sober birthday sounds like heaven.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:39 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Congratulations Melissa!!

Ub2, what about a rehab? Can you do that?

Odelle and 1step, so glad you are here. A relapse is just that: a lapse "again", and they happen, but we learn from everyone. It is better not to have another "learning experience" but if you use it well it can strengthen your resolve. Love you two!

EZ, congrats on weight loss; good for you and wish it were me!! Still sober though...
Old 06-04-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Thanks Pamel, good to hear from you. :O)
Old 06-04-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Mel!!! 7

4 months sober today. Nice. Thank you upandup
Makes being this sick a little easier to deal with.

Love to everyone, and woop to upandup and arctic 4 months today too ♥♥♥♥

Venus xx
Old 06-04-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Congrats to everyone celebrating 4 months that's epic!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Congrats V! Hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Mel, and well done Venus, upandup and Arcticon four months! That is great going, hope you get well soon venus.

Thanks once again for the encouragement over the last few days you've all helped drag me out of the hole of despair I was in, im feeling bit better today.

Went for a long, long walk on a path by the sea, ( I live on the coast of Wales), it was a beautiful day to do it and I passed lots of happy people on holiday enjoying the sun. It was a walk imposed on me by my drunk binge ( spent all my money so couldnt afford a bus even!), had to see my job adviser, but it worked out ok about 11 miles in all and although tired im glad I made the effort, because despite my worries it went well and it left me feeling more positive about my prospects! If I was still on it there would be no way I would have gotten out of bed let alone walk that far!

It just shows to me once again that alcohol only magnifies problems in my mind and never solves them, it truly is cunning in my view that it strips away our self worth to the point that we think there is no hope, but there is always hope, this brilliant class of people shows me that every day, as do other threads on this site.

Tried looking for my bag of stuff I had lost last evening and had to do the walk of shame into places I thought I might have been- mostly bars and takeaways and, despite there being no sign and me feeling extremely self conscious, there was something liberating about going in enquiring and then walking out of each SOBER!

Im seeing this as a line drawn under everything, the games up for my drinking, its all just a lie for me, it solves and achieves nothing and its time I started living for real again. It wont be easy and I don't want to tempt fate by posting this but I just feel better and more positive today- hope it lasts!

Ive got the same walk to make tomorrow, Thursday and Friday for a course I missed a few weeks back (yet again because of a binge on alcohol, which at the time was telling my head its just a waste of time anyway, don't bother!) so im going to try and stay focused and see the long walks and miles ahead as a start of a journey to a new life, with every step getting further from my drunk old life! so hope im still positive and still able to walk by the end of the week!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
ub3

I went to the clinical trial today and spoke with the guy running it he said you seem much better today and then said ill see you tommorow in the detox i said WHAT? he said ill see you tommorow in the detox i said so what you gonna let me in? he said yes go home pack your bags and ill see you tommorow wow? was absolutley broken yesterday////and felt god had forgotten me or was punishing me everything seemed to be conspiring against me i even came and went into chat and some idiot greeted me by saying heres a HEADBUTt for you which was supposed to be a funny greeting and people stuck up for him saying he was only jokin and that i should go if i dont like it???? Jesus man there some messed up people about who really dont help at all just make things worse and have no empathy love and tolerance ...Luckily things have worked out for me thank god... Im so scared but i will keep on keeping on
Old 06-04-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Happy sober birthday Mel!

Congratulations to Venus, Upandup and Artic, 4 months is awesome!!!

UB3, congratulations on getting into the detox program, you have a friend in a high place looking out for you.

1stepup, I’m happy to hear that you are moving forward and sounding a bit more positive. Yep, the drinking games have got to stop; absolutely nothing gained by drinking! Keep it up, good things are in store for you!

Well, I am very happy to announce that I start a new job on the 17th! I am so excited. I have been off of work for a year and have been bored out of my mind. I am looking forward to a set routine, meaningful responsibilities and human interaction (sorry kitties, but I really miss interacting with colleagues)!

Pamel and Upandup, thanks for your words of encouragement. I really thought I had the sobriety-thing in the bag, undermined only by misdirected self-sabotage in response to a dysfunctional relationship issue that has been ignored for way too long. Yes, I have learned a lot from my last slip and I have identified my worst trigger. I am excited about the future, which may include many necessary changes!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats awesome news UB - congratulations
congratulationsto you on your job Odelle

D
Old 06-04-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I'm really excited about it!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Went to work, came home ~ too sick My client is letting me clean on Friday instead, but I feel pretty bad....

So good to see you Odelle
And awesome news about your job. Congratulations. Can't wait to hear how it's all going...
And I'm glad you are sorting out some issues that had you bogged down; I know that there are some things I need to look at in my own life that are danger areas for me.

1stepup, I just wanted to give you a huge hug after I read your post this morning!
So many times I have let myself down, and had to pay a hefty price. But 11 miles, and a few more times this week? Your attitude is so good ~ seeing this as a journey to your new life is a powerful affirmation.

Each step you take brings you closer to the new you. And we are on that journey with you ♥

ub3 ~ I'm so glad you got into the detox!! What a huge relief for you. Big hug!!! Not long to go now, just the night for you I guess. Really look forward to hearing how well you are doing when you come out! And maybe you'll have another song for us?

Love to everyone,

Venus xx
Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

1step, you sound soooo much better today! it's amazing what some sober perspective and a long walk can do! glad you felt liberated by walking to the shops sober. you have such a cool attitude towards what you are doing.

ub,glad you got into the detox program! good luck to you!

venus, arctic, upandup, CONGRATS ON 4 MONTHS!!! That is awesome!!!

nothing new to report since yesterday. still sober and looking forward to a sober birthday, too. :-)

odelle, congrats on the new job! yeah, you and 1step are both right: drinking to avoid problems and drinking "at" someone really just sets us up for a giant "s### storm." Never goes well. Hope I learned that lesson for real this time!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Administrator

get some rest Venus - pneumonia is really nasty stuff - it's not like a bad cold!

D
Old 06-04-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Venus - Dee's emoticon is perfect Glad you can wait to Friday

Hi Liss74 & Pamel

Congrats Artica, UpnUP & Venus!!!! 4 months! Woot Woot!

Happy Birthday Mel - looks like a wonderfully special day
Wehav - when is your Bday?

UB - Wonderful news! There's a good message in there about continuing to show up & things will prevail. Way to stick with it. Can't wait to hear how it goes when you get back.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

EZ - I like the new pic! Gosh, even your avatar is getting a new svelte physique! Something's going right!

Odelle - Congrats on your new job! Sounds like things are moving in a good direction for you as well (lots of changes!).

I hear you on getting too comfortable. Why just tonight my little AV said 'oh wouldn't the beer be nice' when I opened the fridge and saw one - sneaky little guy! Nope, not gonna work on me!

1step - Walking heals the soul. Sounds beautiful. Congrats on walking OUT of the bars w/o drinking!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Update on me - Health is going well. I'm still cigarettes, soda, and alcohol free (10 days since soda). I'm also getting up early to do yoga before work.

This week I'm logging my moods every hour. Wow, I really had NO idea how many irritations/negative thoughts I have in a day - no wonder I drank! It's eye opening really.

Ok, off to bed.
Night Night everyone! Sober Sweet Dreams!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

I forgot to say hello to liss

And Serene....you are amazing; an inspiration to us all.

Love V xx