View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Odelle

Happy sober birthday Mel!

Congratulations to Venus, Upandup and Artic, 4 months is awesome!!!

UB3, congratulations on getting into the detox program, you have a friend in a high place looking out for you.

1stepup, I’m happy to hear that you are moving forward and sounding a bit more positive. Yep, the drinking games have got to stop; absolutely nothing gained by drinking! Keep it up, good things are in store for you!

Well, I am very happy to announce that I start a new job on the 17th! I am so excited. I have been off of work for a year and have been bored out of my mind. I am looking forward to a set routine, meaningful responsibilities and human interaction (sorry kitties, but I really miss interacting with colleagues)!

Pamel and Upandup, thanks for your words of encouragement. I really thought I had the sobriety-thing in the bag, undermined only by misdirected self-sabotage in response to a dysfunctional relationship issue that has been ignored for way too long. Yes, I have learned a lot from my last slip and I have identified my worst trigger. I am excited about the future, which may include many necessary changes!