Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 13

Old 05-24-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
Good morning Marchers!
I am enjoying reading your posts over here, across the pond, but I am lost as far as their meanings. Okay, I do get the war of the roses references. Every thing I know about that I learned by reading Philippa Gregory. How accurate is that?

I hope you all have a smashing day. Where are my US comrades?
right here Joygirl!!! have a great Day !!!82 days for me today and I'm excited and loving life. !!!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

It's a beautiful day here in Northland and congratulations to everyone on their sober days and nights! The thing I love most is waking up without a hangover, regret or mortification. Babs, my North Dakotan neighbor (I'm in Minnesota), we are both in our 80s!

Big love to all and Snuggle/Snaffle/Shuffle/Sniggle/Snicker-Bar thanks for lurking and staying with us. Shout out to my buddy Mick today. Hope Mr. Beagle, bepresent, Panache, Argent, Phebe, JimJim and all March buddies are doing well.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Toots

I have "Destroyed"
the French King Henry at Bosworth!!
Yes that is not historicaly accurate!!
My re-enactments were also the first time that I had Vodka with my cornflakes, we had run out of milk....and Yes it was vodka with cornflakes.....God what a life that was!!

Mick x
Old 05-24-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

82 days is AWESOME BABS

Life goes on rocking Hun

Mick x
Old 05-24-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Hi North buddy - still snowing????
Old 05-24-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

82 days!!! Congratulations Babs!! Happy happy happy!

Hi everyone! I'm thinking I'm in my 80's too. I'll have to look at the calendar.

I have to jump in the shower so this will be short. I hope everyone has a great day. Catch up with you all later!

xoxo
Old 05-24-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hi Snicker-Doodles! We are in the 50s! Very exciting. One of our lakes had a fairly destructive melt with a mini-ice age glacier that wrecked some houses, then it was 95 degrees, and then it was in the 30's (sorry, can't do the centigrade translation). Heading off to work on a garden - very excited.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chuff1 View Post
Toots

I have "Destroyed"
the French King Henry at Bosworth!!
Yes that is not historicaly accurate!!
My re-enactments were also the first time that I had Vodka with my cornflakes, we had run out of milk....and Yes it was vodka with cornflakes.....God what a life that was!!

Mick x
Mick----ha ha ha i can see popcorn but cornflakes---aren't we lucky to be able to laugh at ourselves----you really made me smile today.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chuff1 View Post
82 days is AWESOME BABS

Life goes on rocking Hun

Mick x
Thank you Mick
Old 05-24-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Had to look up the conversions to centigrade lol. Think we are about 55 here too and sunny Good to make contact with everyone again xx
Old 05-24-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
82 days!!! Congratulations Babs!! Happy happy happy!

Hi everyone! I'm thinking I'm in my 80's too. I'll have to look at the calendar.

I have to jump in the shower so this will be short. I hope everyone has a great day. Catch up with you all later!

xoxo
thank you shoes---don't forget to look at your calendar.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:46 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Still depressingly showery cloudy here Snaggs

Need the sun....love the sun

Mick x
Old 05-24-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
New and learning

Hello everyone!

First ------ THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for all your replies to my dilemma. Here I am, half-way into the festivities and doing well! Shows all the worry shouldn't have worried me! ha!

BUT ---- talked with my sweet sister who did agree to stay on the wagon with me for support! love her! she and her hubby DID partake on their 9 hour traveling adventure though. An hour delay of their flight was a couple of drinks, then 2 flights and with a layover in between. oy vey. BUT, no problems for me!

So yesterday was pretty rainy/misty/cloudy/windy and was graduation day. NOT what the weather was supposed to be but..........sun DID come out as we left the meal from the restaurant on our way to the graduation ceremony. At least for a little while. I did bring up at the meal (which was my family of 4, my sister and her husband, my dad and his bride to be --- and after I brought up my subject my husbands parents came, they were just late but non-drinkers) that it was a DRY graduation party on Friday. They all said "of course!" my dad joked that he could add some hooch to his Arnold Palmer (we have iced tea and lemonade) and I said he couldn't be "that guy" in a joking tone. Went okay. I also joked, "come on, if you can't go a few hours you are worse than me"

Surprisingly, he did NOT order a drink at the late lunch we had (ate at 3 pm) but my husband had a beer, my dad's bride to be had a glass of wine and I told my sister she could have one too and she was surprised but then ordered one. Was totally okay! yay!

Went to the ceremony, had a GREAT time! enjoyed it all! Back to my house with my side of the family. Husband's parents drove the 90 minutes back to their house. we sat around and we have beer at the house (I do not care for beer, so no problems) and my husband, brother-in-law and son! had beer. It was weird to see my son drink it, but "occasion" and all. I have warned him to really BE CAREFUL with drinking, especially going to college because of the family history. Funny, but I announced that to him in front of everyone and said, "cuz we have alcohol issues in this family. look around" no one denied it.

Anyhows, no one was drinking to get drunk and we played games. Was fun! I am loving sober fun! and I find I am just as goofy (probably more funny actually) than when I was drinking/drunk. ha!

today - we are getting ready to head over to my friend's house, where we are hosting the big party in her barn. No one will be mixing drinks there (at least, that I know of) and will be FUN! (I hope)

tomorrow is the wedding. It starts at 11 and goes until 3. Yes, will have drinking going on there, but I find in a big crowd like that there really are a lot of people NOT drinking and enjoying the party. I will be one of those. With iced tea in my hand.

Thanks again for all your support. I was trying to read the posts on my phone in between times with family --- but couldnt ever get caught up and post! you helped me more than you will ever know!

I will still be stealing some looks at it throughout the weekend! keep posting.

loving the banter and funny references ---- of course I am completely daft with my English History!

Love you all!

((((((((((((((HUGS!!!!!!!)))))))))))
Old 05-24-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
New and learning

PS and it's sunny and gorgeous weather today! better today with an outdoors-ish party! We have volleyball, cornhole, bonfire, an inflatable bungee-run thing, etc. should be 82 F (sorry, lousy with C conversion)

Old 05-24-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Just FYI folks.....rough conversion of F to C is deduct 30 and divide by two.

Great to hear things going so well NMS. x
Old 05-24-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Hi NMS

Isnt great being goofy when sober

Mick x
Old 05-24-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Lifetplant you are without doubt a genius

Love you

Mick x
Old 05-24-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Erm LP, I think that means its -15 here????? Or am I doing it the wrong way round!!! Lol thanks for the tip!
NMS I am so pleased that things are going well for you! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! X

Babs, 82 days is mega! Well done! SJD well done too!
North If you are that excited to work in your garden, you can come do mine when you have finished!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Erm LP, I think that means its -15 here????? Or am I doing it the wrong way round!!! Lol thanks for the tip!
NMS I am so pleased that things are going well for you! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! X

Babs, 82 days is mega! Well done! SJD well done too!
North If you are that excited to work in your garden, you can come do mine when you have finished!
thanks Toots--Sometimes it doesn't seem like that many days.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

OH yes it does!!

Mick x

Dont knock the days hun