Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 12

Old 04-26-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hello I'm still here, sober and kicking, I'm not sure if I'm on my 28 or 29 day, exercise is helping a lot..it is covering a lot of my free time when the AV starts doing its job.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hearty congrats, JC!

Hugs,
Sassy
Old 04-26-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

JC you sound so different form the person who first started posting! You really seem to be getting it together,, and life doesn't appear quote such a struggle. Long may it continue!
Old 04-26-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

JMC

Keep it going JMC:0

Mick
Old 04-26-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi Everybody,
I have a final interview next week and a new first one. I figure always good to keep a back up as I've come in 2nd on job offers more times than I care to count. Story of my life. Always a bridesmaid never the bride. Lol

Congratulations on all the sober days no matter which ones they are. I kinda only use them as reference points. I think of them like road signs. Nothing wrong with however anyone uses them as long as the move you in the right direction.

On occasion I still have a thought pop up on having a drink but its just a thought and as long as I don't entertain it and just let it go it doesn't bother me too much. I actually have to work more on my attitude. As long as I am diligent on the don't give a rats butt one and the poor me one, I seem to fair better. I keep it simple and if I feel upset or angry I just breath and if I feel down or feel sorry for myself I smile. Even if its fake at first it seems to turn into a real smile. I will even do smiling meditation where you just see all the parts of your body smiling. Try it. Imagine your forehead smiling. It's actually an interesting sensation.

Hope you are all doing really well and have a great weekend. I'll pop in and out I'm sure.

xoxo
Old 04-26-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Shoes

Good luck with the interview shoes

Mick x
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hope you get offered both jobs and have to choose!!! Lol
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Congratulations everyone racking up the sober days and those applying for jobs and obtaining interviews and the like, well done you! Just obtaining that is a milestone. The employers obviously think you have what it takes for the job so go and show them you do. It's not a test, it's a demonstration of your abilities.

Have a good weekend everyone, devote to yourself and your cause.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the support and well-wishes, I don't think I could be where I am without you all!

To celebrate this weekend, a friend, who is celebrating her 100 days and I are going on a Sunset Snorkel/Dinner cruise that should be alot of fun.

Shoes, good luck with the interviews, I'm sure you;ll be impressive.

Toots, I hope your situation get resolved quickly and all will bewell with you, you deserve it!

JC, next time AV starts yapping, threaten it with Natty! And keep up the exercise.

Panache, you, in my eyes, are a precious younger sister, I want the best for you.

Dee and all the other moderators, thank you for making SR such a great place with all of your work!!

To everyone else, again, thank you and keep up the good fight!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to everyone on the milestones - in fact congratulations to everyone, no matter what the day

D
Old 04-26-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning Peeps! Hey Bud we do celebrate 50 on the same day, I wish I could join you in the Snorkel Cruise to celebrate our milestone and the Pheebs with us.

Have a good day marchers! We are having brilliant autumn, days are in the mid-20s.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Today is 28 days for me. I cannot believe I have not had a drink in 4 solid weeks. I am going to my sister's house tonight and have a nice meal and play games with the family (they are a board game family and I love their children). I am looking forward to it. I really feel like I took a turn for the better this week. I have had more energy and yet have been waking up earlier. I don't want to drink anymore. I think this is the way I need to be, because this is certainly not the way I have been. I am happy and hope everyone finds strength this weekend.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Marcher

Question 42 days!

Am I in the right place? I am recovering from opiates since March 16. I need some people to discuss this with!
Old 04-26-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Marcher

Question 42 days!

I could use some understanding friends! Any and all offers accepted!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Joygirl

D
Old 04-26-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Smile Welcome joygirl

Hi,
Yes, you are in the right place... I am at 40 days clean from opioids myself...
I am very grateful to SR for all the support I have found in the different forums...I am sure you will find it helpful as well... you might also want to read the experiences of other SR members on the Substance Abuse forum as well... I jump around between a few... it is all good!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Marcher

Ok, good. I found it! I wish I had found it on day 1, though. You know how awful and hard it was then, I needed support like mad. I had my husband but bless his heart he didn't know what the heck to do other than take care of the children and house and hold me and bathe me... hey, he did a lot! But understand what I was feeling, he couldn't. He's not an addict.
I've been reading a lot of posts and threads and I'm constantly amazed and saying "hey, that's just like me!" and "oh, thank God I'm not the only one."
Thank you to everyone for posting. Today is a good day.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BobbyZ View Post
Today is 28 days for me. I cannot believe I have not had a drink in 4 solid weeks. I am going to my sister's house tonight and have a nice meal and play games with the family (they are a board game family and I love their children). I am looking forward to it. I really feel like I took a turn for the better this week. I have had more energy and yet have been waking up earlier. I don't want to drink anymore. I think this is the way I need to be, because this is certainly not the way I have been. I am happy and hope everyone finds strength this weekend.
That's super, Bobby. Congratulations and keep it up!

Sassy
Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
I could use some understanding friends! Any and all offers accepted!
Welcome Joygirl! I like your screen name. Please share with us whenever you are up to it. We've all have our ups and downs for sure but what seems to work really well is when we do share. Just jump right in with whatever is going on and there will always be someone here to listen and support. You have to tell us though or we won't know how to help. Don't be shy Believe me it can be anything. We have all been there when it comes to cleaning up our lives.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Welcome JoyGirl!

I'm glad you are here to be with our very supportive group. Sometimes there is a lag between posts so you can check near the bottom of the page to see who is on this thread at that moment. I know it can be hard sometimes when we post and don't get a response for awhile. I personally think that threads that are past the first month sometimes slow down a bit.

I hope you will find the support you need here!

Sassy