Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 12

Old 05-07-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good afternoo Raku, welcome back to the March thread. We are very supportive and caring here, and try very hard not to cause offence. I apologise on behalf of my sweet friend Panache, who, like you is tryi g very hard to maintain her sobriety. We have a thread where we relax a little more, but occasionally we make mistakes. We are human after all! We try to be optimist here and try to find positive things to say to each other, as negative coome ts can hurt.
Tell us alittle about yourself if you wish,
Old 05-07-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good Morning Class!

I agree, shoes, that sometimes it's just how it is.

I am learning that lesson every day and it hasn't killed me yet either! Each day it seems I'm doing something "new" (soberly) and I am always feeling better about it during and afterwards. I'm still having some anxiety beforehand, but not too bad as before.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Hi Joy! How's your optimism growth going?? I too am finding what doesn't kill....doesn't kill you
We are tougher than we think. It builds my character. I'm turning into quite the character btw. As always good to hear from you.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Marcher

I am more aware of my pessimism, thats for sure. I haven't written anything down, but I have stopped myself just before saying some things. Also, I'm paying attention to how I speak with my children and how they speak in situations. I guess I'm in a bit of an observation phase. This is good! You're TURNING INTO quite the character???
Old 05-07-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Mesoso, was just thinking about you last night, was away to chase you today!!!
All verklempt. So sweet. Thank you, Tootsie!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Morning Joygirl

Hows your Nora Jones project coming along, Zepplin wasnt working so neighbours are now rocking to the Doors!!

Mick x
Old 05-07-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Hi Mesoso

Hows it going hun?

Mick x
Old 05-07-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey there, Chuff! So I put on the Metallica St. Anger and he was appalled! He said he'd PREFER Norah Jones to that. It was great, because I didn't have the NJ in the car!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 509 (permalink)  

LOL

Good girl

Mick x
Old 05-07-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 510 (permalink)  

We are so close to a new thread....who's turn to be shotgun??
Old 05-07-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Ive done it once Shoes, found the resposibility too much to handle!

Mick x
Old 05-07-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Got a question for the well traveled and the south sea'ers on here. After I dig myself out of my financial hole I am going to follow a personal dream and travel to Southeast Asia and the Pacifica region. I have a list of places I'm thinking of (Indonesia, Vietnam,Thailand,Australia,Burma) but want to get some input from folks who live or have traveled there. You can answer me here or pm me.

Thanks,

T
Old 05-07-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 513 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
All verklempt. So sweet. Thank you, Tootsie!
And now I'm all verklempt thinking about our absent friend Trachy

Shoes, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I also believe the fates don't throw at us more than we can carry, but come here to share the load anytime! It is such a mega positive thing that you are not looking to drink for the answers, heck, it can't even remember the questions!! Keep thinking positively, and that job offer will fall onto your doormat!

Joygirl, it is quite amazing when we actually pay attention to the words we use ( especially with our loved ones) how negative we can be, and what little we need do to change that.

Positive words, positive thoughts, positive posts can make all the difference at the right or wrong time, between reaching for that bottle, or for the next token.

Be strong, be safe, be sober
Old 05-07-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 514 (permalink)  

Tex, I have no advice, just a request..... Room for one more????
Old 05-07-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 515 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
And now I'm all verklempt thinking about our absent friend Trachy
Was thinking about him yesterday too as I was deleting some old private messages to free up some inbox space.

Get back here, turtle man -- we miss you!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 516 (permalink)  

toots - that's what I was thinking. I want to go n Tex's trip too. Trying to remember that mood drives thoughts more than thoughts drive mood, and that clearly my mental space is bad right now and trying to jazz it back up. Thanks for reminding us of the power of positive thinking.

joygirl - Glad to hear that the optimism work is coming along. I think I need some of that. I guess the good thing about today is if I make it through it without a drink, and that's seeming like a big if right now, then I will have passed a major test in my anxiety/frustration/embarrassment tolerance.

Been having a no good very bad day here. At least I can now definitively say that the drama I was looking for yesterday I do not want and can't handle. I don't want to repost about that here, if you'd like to read my drama crap, it's in the April 2013 thread, but just rest assured, it's drama and it's crap, and although there will be some minor consequences and I let some people down, the thought that my husband doesn't even understand why I'm so upset tells me that this too will all blow over. I'm just overreacting because that's what I'm used to doing.

So, who's shotgunning our next thread? How do you know when to start a new one?
Old 05-07-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 517 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by T4texas View Post
Got a question for the well traveled and the south sea'ers on here. After I dig myself out of my financial hole I am going to follow a personal dream and travel to Southeast Asia and the Pacifica region. I have a list of places I'm thinking of (Indonesia, Vietnam,Thailand,Australia,Burma) but want to get some input from folks who live or have traveled there. You can answer me here or pm me.
T
T4er send me any questions you want! I'm excited!

I'm excited that I may get to ride shotgun too! Coffee Dee starts the new thread and I am sure he laughs at us Marchers who champ at the bit to ride shotgun.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 518 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-13-a.html

D