Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 14

Old 04-19-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

WWG - I have been glued to the news today. Glad you are getting away from it for a good reason! Ennoy Maine. I have friends who live right about the middle of the state closer to the eastern coast and go up once or twice a year. Still have not seen a moose except at the wild life refuge.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

It is so scary as these psychos have terrorized us long enough. Pray for us in the Boston area.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

WWG---Be safe ---
Old 04-19-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Undies

Have a great sober weekend!
Bloss
Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies.
I feel somewhat tired today, so planning to call it a night early.

Nel - sorry about your basement and family room. Stay safe, these pictures look quite scary.

WWG - have a safe trip and stay strong.

By best wishes to all Undies.

Have a good safe weekend.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

You too, MB!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Afternoon here gang..

Well Cleveland weather is alive and doing its thing.. Yesterday was 83 degree and today is 40 cloudy and raining with heavy winds..

Was on the phone with my sponsor and friend this morning.. His daughter was a couple months pregnant and just lost her baby.. So prayers to her....

And just kinda kicking around the house.. Get to chair tonight, I missed last week because of work... So I am happy to be back, and I have a great lead scheduled.. Joe. S.

And today is my 6 months of uninterrupted sobriety..

Yeah for everyone that has today ...

Have a great friday and smile , smile, and smile some more..
Old 04-19-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Big congratulations on your 6-month milestone, HD3! Have fun chairing tonight!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Congratulations HD, 6 months is awesome...see you on the bus

M.B. sleep well my friend

Wishing everyone a safe day, especially in Boston and West, TX

Bloss
Old 04-19-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Day 134 here...Had a fantastic day off,dog walking,shopping with the wife,playing with my kids,more dog walking and then a huge chinese take away for dinner....Now just chilling out for a few hours searching online for a new car....Then tomorrow back to work and the start of six 15 hour shifts....Hope everyone else is ticketyboo....Take care....Steve...
Old 04-19-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations on 6 months HappyDestiny!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Congratulationds HD! Fantastic acheivment.

Well Undies that's me back from my sunshine break and feeling refreshed although it didn't start that way but thankfully the middle and the end of the break were great.

My brother finally starts his detox program on Monday for prescribed meds plus others. It's taken months for him to get the help he deserves and he's asked me to accompany him next week to an NA meetingwhich I'm more than happy to do.

Managed to enjoy reading some of your posts on holiday so just going to chill out and enjoy reading the rest.

Catch you all later
x
Old 04-19-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good time, Nicky!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Grace Huge congratulations on reaching your 8 months milestone. Love your positive posts and thank you for being a great pal here.
Here's hoping you get some me time after your usual busy Fridays and enjoy your sober day. Well done. xxx

Onelesslonely So lovely to read your doing well. Thanks for taking the time to check in and keep in touch.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Wow, Grace! Congratulations on 8 months!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Well, I was having a great day and now I'm really pretty bummed. I wrote a paper on Wednesday that I worked really hard on and was extra proud of. I crafted and crafted it, and did a lot of good research. I got it back today, and the professor ripped it apart! Apparently I didn't improve any since the last paper I wrote for him--in fact, I got worse!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

22.50 Fri

I'm back for catch up time. I had a busy Friday as always, but chilling out for a while now.
Can't believe how many posts there are since I last checked in.

Hi Gilmer, I've never heard of Bocce, you'll have to explain please. I'm rubbish at anything sporty, I'm the one who ducks if a ball heads my way!

B.F I hope work went well and the wind dropped, it has here thank goodness. Don't let it get to you when your colleagues go on about going out drinking, listen to them the next day when they are going on about how rough they feel and how ill they are. It just isn't worth it. You are strong, you can do this.

Hi Steve, sounds like you had a really good day off yesterday and it sounds like today was equally as good. I bet your little girl is a right Daddy's girl the way you spoil her! Don't blame you though, I'd do the same, they're only babies once.

Babs enjoy tomorrow, I have no doubts you will stay focused and it will help that your husband doesn't drink much. I would be tempted to tell people you're on antibiotics or similar and then they may not take it upon themselves to keep asking you to drink! Just a thought. Of course they are good people, so are we, the difference is that they have 'stop' buttons and we don't!

Hi HD3, 80 degrees sounds good, but I wouldn't be impressed about snow being forecast for Saturday, that weather sounds as inclement as ours!
Glad your mouth is better and I hope you've had a good day. Sorry to hear the sad news about your sponsor's daughter.
Oh and congratulations on 6 months, you're a star.

Nel, those floods are soul destroying after all that hard work, my heart goes out to you. Water causes so much damage, but the good thing is you're safe and uninjured. Those pictures really are an eye opener.
Did you get yourself any bargains at the sale? A town wide sale sounds interesting!

TTBABP, having a plan is really good advice. Complacency was my downfall when I relapsed, I'm on my guard this time round, it won't be happening again.

R1ck and just what have you been watching may I ask? Lap dancers indeed, you'll go blind!!Lol.

OLL, that's a really good post and a really good idea.

WWG, you're still going strong, I hope you had good day meeting your new niece. What did your daughter think of her? My Auntie used to live in Maine but she moved to Carolina a few months back. You take care.

Hi lovely Bloss, I hope you've had a really good day and I hope you have an even better one tomorrow. xxx

Hi Courage, lovely post, it takes some doing remembering all the names here, this thread is huge now, when I first joined it there was just three of us posting!

Thank you so much Jim, much appreciated.

MB, I hope you're okay and I hope you get some restful sleep tonight.

Thank you so much Nicky, much appreciated, I couldn't have done it without the support of all the wonderful people here on S.R. I'm glad you're back safe and sound and I hope you feel relaxed and rested. Great news about your brother and it's not before time. He's luck to have you too!

Thank you Gilmer, so very much. Arggh I'm so sorry about that paper, I know how hard you worked on it. I think that professor had probably had a domestic with his wife before he read it!! Grumpy s*d!

Phew, well that's it for tonight.

Thank you all for your support and friendship, you'll never know how much it means to me. You're all so special in your own way. xxxx

Sleep well.

Gxx
Old 04-19-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Grace, thank you so much for responding in your magnificent, gracious way. You made my evening! Speaking of ducking when the ball came your way, I wear glasses. Once in junior high school I got hit in the bridge of the nose with a basketball and I seriously thought I was going to die it hurt so bad! Two weeks ago my son got hit in the nose with a basketball and it broke his glasses in half!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can always be thankful your Professor is not a cat Gilmer

D
Old 04-19-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Grace congrats on the 8 months!

HD3 congrats on your 6 months!

Gilmer sorry to hear about the paper. The professor sounds kinda harsh

Well I'm finally home. Today was a lil rough and full of some drama so I couldn't wait to get home. Just watching tv distracting myself from stupid cravings