Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 8

Old 03-30-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi all, happy Easter everyone. Day13 and feeling great, keeping busy with work and my hobbies. I've been to the boat today and worked on my bike so chill out time now.. Hot milk and an early night.. :-)
Old 03-30-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Still here guys and doing alright I guess, nothing but bad news around here today neighbor( male) dropped dead with heart attack this morning and my poor dog has just been rushed to the vet she is falling all over the place might be heart failure. So will call back later and read some more.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Black View Post
Still here guys and doing alright I guess, nothing but bad news around here today neighbor( male) dropped dead with heart attack this morning and my poor dog has just been rushed to the vet she is falling all over the place might be heart failure. So will call back later and read some more.
Hope your dog's alright Black, I know how distressing it is. Some people dismiss it as "just a dog" but it really is more than that, it's your best friend and confidant. Sorry to hear about your neighbour also, hope you're ok, stay strong.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hope Alls ok With your dog Black! Sorry about your neighbour..
Old 03-30-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Oh Black, it is all happening for you at the moment, sorry to hear about your neighbour so soon after your relatives funeral. I do hope your poor dog is ok too. I can't even think what I would do if it was my sweet Molly . Keep strong my friend.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jim, making great strides, enjoy your hot milk

REMEMBER UK FOLKS, CLOCKS 'SPRING' FORWARD TONIGHT XX
Old 03-30-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - So today's my birthday and I went to an AA meeting this morning to start it off right. It was great, and everyone was supportive as usual. Unfortunately, the rest of my day has been a disappointment: all my friends have cancelled our plans for tonight (concert), my boyfriend of seven years didn't even get me a card. The people who I thought I was closest to have barely even acknowledged it. I wanted to cry a million times today and I came dangerously close to just filling the void with booze. But I didn't. I guess I just wonder if I am now seeing people for who they truly are because I'm sober, or if I expect too much from people (because I always give, give, give - part of my 'people pleasing' tendency), or if I am just overly sensitive now that I've only got 11 days? Any insights?
Old 03-30-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

First off Bluesweater, :day
Old 03-30-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

:day1 Bluesweater

Like Phebe I am finding my body is paying me back, this old girl has tons of energy and clear thinking. As well as it being Easter Sunday it is also Buddha's birthday today, my DH is involved with a celebration at a local temple so we are going to that. 9am Sunday I'm dressed for that, headache free, hair styled, makeup on and have fed all a nice celebratory breakfast. I love this sober life, it's taking back what we are.

Strength to you all my dear friends.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

As-Happy Birthday! No insights-just glad you stayed sober thats definitely for the best.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Not knowing the people involved, I cannot speak for them, but if it was me, I would be looking for new friends and a new boyfriend!!!! I thing Shoes would tell you,a lot of us here are people pleasers. The problem with that is that we get taken for granted, and our feelings are not given the respect we would give others.
I would feel the need to tell these friends individually how hurt you were, and leave them to hold that feeling. They will either apologise and try to make right or they really are not worth knowing. Even if your bf has no money, there is no excuse for not doing anything special for your birthday. But before I make assumptions of them, did these folk really know what your birthday & your plans really mean to you, or were you a little diffident about it?
I used to be so scared to be open and honest in case I lost friends/ boyfriends, but counselling taught me that if people couldn't like or love me for the person I really am,they do not deserve to be in my life
As you say, you are a little frail and vulnerable right now, and you may be a little over sensitive, I know I am very prone to that, but if you honestly feel these friends ought to have treated you better, then i feel you really do need to reconsider your relationship with them. Have a happy what's left of your birthday, the first of many sober ones. Xxx
Old 03-30-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oh Black I hope your dog is ok must be very worrying! Panache as you said to me, well done for coming straight back here sending hugs xxx
Old 03-30-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Bluesweater sorry about your birthday but think positive the next one will be fab xxx
Old 03-30-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Bluesweater...As I have gotten older and have become increasingly more disappointed by other people on my birthday, I have come to make my own plans for the day and expect nothing. Whoever remembers or whatever sweet gesture comes my way is just a bonus. Sorry yours was a rough one, hang in there..and good for you for not drinking!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm away to bed folks, another sober day draws to its conclusion for me.

Be strong, be safe be sober my friends
Old 03-30-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks like I lost a post :

Happy birthday bluesweater - sorry the day was a bust but I hope the year ahead is brilliant

glad you got back again so soon Panache - something that Shoes said reminded me - I realised eventually I could be the person I wanted to be...or I could drink...but I couldn't be both.

accepting that was a huge step forward

have a great rest of the weekend everyone

D
Old 03-30-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Happy Easter to you all!

Day 3 to a close.... Tomorrow I will try the Easter bread I made.... OH NOOO! =) Enjoy a sober day. Night everyone! See you in the morning.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Night all. Glad you enjoyed the gig toots, i do hope you have an enjoyable easter sunday, im off to the local tomorrow with my dad for some delayed birthday lunch (alcohol free for me obviously)

Panache I truly hope you are feeling a bit better now. The thing is, for every single one of us early in sobriety, each day is a day 1. It's great that you came back. You might have drank, but while that poison was in your body you still had the strength to stop, I don't think I could do that.

I had drank everyday to excess for 3-4 years, I see a week sober as a success, not a relapse.

Take care, thinking of you all as usual
Ben
Old 03-30-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

Strange, I was feeling you Panache. Even thru this medium, I felt what was on your mind earlier, and there it is.

What did it tell you? You don't have to answer that because you already did.

It was another way for you to look at it and start again.

So much love to you.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Morning all. 2 weeks today since I last got drunk and smoked, feeling good. The only thing is at night I'm getting terrible heart burn and acid, makes me sick and I've not had a good sleep because of it. Does anyone else get this?