Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 6

Old 03-23-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

good evening friends just getting home from work and having my NEW routine many cups of tea and reading all the wonderful posts. lots of great and positive energy. i love it. if im feeling grouchy, you guys always straighten out my mood!!!!!!

for a better life, congrats on not stopping at the store!!!! ive had those thoughts off and on, seems almost like a habit for me. will take time to break it, but we can do it.

CC, i totally agree with trachemys. easier to say from the outside, but you are young. everything seems to work out just how its supposed to. i should take my own advice, i have a similar situation. very hard dealing with new sobriety and a breakup at the same time. stay strong, we can do this.

as for the topic of concentration, my first few days i was a wreck. couldnt remember what i was doing, when i was in the middle of doing it. still have those moments sometimes, but they are getting less and less. day 12 now, as of 7 minutes ago, and noticing more gradual improvements. one that surprised me, my handwriting is much neater. not just from when i was drunk, but in general. motor skills are improving i guess. energy is incredibly high, im getting so much more accomplished every day now, being productive, rather than laying around lethargic all day, really feels good. havent really been able to sit still long enough to watch TV in a while.

also getting some compliments here and there about how much healthier and happy i look. a coworker commented to me tonight that i was a lot nicer and more calm. not complaining about so much stupid things, like i used to. im having a MUCH more positive attitude, with the exceptions of my irritable moments, which are also getting fewer and fewer. its great to notice the changes already, keeps me motivated to keep truckin ahead!!! its great to hear about all of your changes too, and what i have to look forward to in my own recovery.

well, time to read my book and have 5 more cups of tea, goodnight friends, and 1 day sober or 100 days sober, pat ourselves on the back for choosing to not drink that crap today
Old 03-23-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

since i got kicked out ive been staying over at my parents' house. so they asked me to go grocery shopping yesterday cause theyre having friends over for lunch today... almost bought cheap wine at the grocery store. almost! glad a ***** notification from SR popped up and i just had to get that bottle off the cart. thanks SR.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Blisskickout well done for getting it out you don't need it !!! It needs you and it is trying to trick you !!!

I woke up to let the dog out the boiler was making funny noises so I'm drinking tea at 5:07 !!!! Insomnia ehh slept ok until now though hoping to get back for a snooze but the birds are singing now !!!!

Love to all x
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

To add a photo to your post:

1. First get it ready: most cameras take high resolution pix, I resized mine to 500 pixels across.

2. Then click the drop down arrow beside paper clip icon fifth from the right in Post Message.

3. Click Choose File, navigate to your photo, then click Open, then upload.

4. Click close this window.

5. Preview your post to make sure that it's a decent size, then Submit Reply as usual.

Keep in mind that we are advised to preserve our anonymity: crop out anything identifying and keep it general I'd think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1010589.jpg (29.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 03-24-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Morning fellow Marchers
Well this Marcher has made the 3 week mark, blows me away when i stop and think about it.....so Ive decided not to!!
Cc I think Trachy is spot on
Love the photo Marcher and I am not at alllllll jealous Rosie is tea. You sound so together, good on you
Eliizabeth you rock too
For all off you wonderful people who resisted AV well done
For MrB and others who come straight back onboard I thought I would share the following quote that I have come across.
"We're not retreating, we're just advancing in another direction"
General George S. Patton
Have a Happy Sober Day Marchers
Mick
Old 03-24-2013, 01:19 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone :-). Had a few wobbly moments yesterday, I'm so glad I'm not waking up with a hangover. I have a day off - I used to adore Sundays, my legitimate excuse to stay in and drink, all day. Going to find it difficult peeling spuds etc without the red wine flowing so might give the roast a miss and stay out all day :-/
Hope everyone else has a good day xxx
Old 03-24-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Miss Sunday roast Daisy??
Best meal of the week IMHO
Have a good day...and remember they were just wobbly bits!
Mick
Old 03-24-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers!

How are we all? Took me a while to drift off last night and I haven't had a solid sleep, but again, better than any drunk false sleep you can imagine!

Today is my 3rd day and I haven't been able to accomplish a 3rd day and get to my 4th since 2009. I can already tell that AV is going to be a little terror to me come 4pm (which is when I used to start drinking on a Sunday). SO I'll be on this board all evening with you wonderful people reading your wonderful posts.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! Keep marching!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Morning, afternoon, evening, night all,
Well I have done 10 days, yay! Into double figures
Well done Bliss, having put it in my trolley I would have struggled to take it out again, so really well done!!
Mrb, hope you are having a good sober day today.

For all who Sunday is historically a problem, do what Daisy is doing, change things around.

Cc whilst I wouldn't have put it quite like trache, ( do you kiss your mother with that mouth Trachemyis!!) I do agree that if your ex is not able to give you the love and support that you need to get and stay sober, then you are better off with out. When I told my hubby, I had already decided that if things didn't work,I would rather live alone and sober than try to keep the marriage together and drink.
As it turned out my hubby is as supportive as Elizabeth's (?) daughter.
I agree with (percussion? Panache? sorry if I flip back to check I loose the text I've written )
But it is important to be honest with ourselves and to do that we need to be honest here. Also as everyone here is painfully open about their struggles I would feel I was insulting them by lying

Be strong be safe be sober
Old 03-24-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Daisy I'm a mad keen cook so I've been looking into substitutions for wine in cooking, I'm not a fan of just putting in stock/broth which is what is often recommended. Through Google I've come across a couple of things which work well:

* Perrier for white wine. I guess it wouldn't have to be Perrier, it could be any brand of good sparkling water. With a bit of lemon it works well for taste and because it's sparkling it deglazes the pan well.

* For a red wine substitute I've mixed a small amount of red wine vinegar with stock and passatta (tomato paste) and a dash of worcestershire sauce.

On the question of "does alcohol burn off" in cooking (which I thought it did), google "alcohol burn off chart".
Old 03-24-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Panache, be more positive, don't set yourself up for a fall. Tell yourself you will wake up tomorrow to day 4 and do whatever you need to to make that happen
Old 03-24-2013, 01:50 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
Today is my 3rd day and I haven't been able to accomplish a 3rd day and get to my 4th since 2009. I can already tell that AV is going to be a little terror to me come 4pm (which is when I used to start drinking on a Sunday).
Panache I'm no expert, I still have a very long way to go but I'm starting to learn that AV is like a two year old who wants something he apparently can't have. AV used to rule most of my life but I've realised that he's two and I'm 57 and when he starts I remind myself of that.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:50 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Try harder, apologies, it was your daughter, just checked back! Lor' I'm going to have to start taking notes!
Anyhow, well done on getting back on that horse
Talking of which Daisy was yours still skittish?
Old 03-24-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Morning Toots and Panache
Double digits Toots, go Flo, in awe of you, that you would rather live alone than drink.Reminded me that is what I had been doing most of my drinking life, stopping to please others, only ever works if you do it for you I guess, you rock lady
Panache...well done you, stay strong and stay close, sleeping will improve, I promise:0
Mick
Old 03-24-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I know Toots, Marcher and Chuff you're absolutely right staying positive is half the battle won and when AV has a little tantrum he needs to get a grip of himself.
I've not read all of the AVRT stuff yet, so I'm going to spend my evening doing that to occupy myself.

I'm off to take my beloved pooch out for a walk friends, so I will check back in later. Thanks again for always been here morning, noon and night. Bless you all.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
I'm off to take my beloved pooch out for a walk friends, so I will check back in later. Thanks again for always been here morning, noon and night. Bless you all.
Goodness me, don't get stuck in that snow we saw on the news again tonight! Now: zip up your jacket, put on a scarf and hat, have you got a handkerchief? says marcher13 who is sitting here in shorts and tshirt with bare feet.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Panache I'm no expert, I still have a very long way to go but I'm starting to learn that AV is like a two year old who wants something he apparently can't have. AV used to rule most of my life but I've realised that he's two and I'm 57 and when he starts I remind myself of that.

Love that image
Mine had been this mythical monster AV......two year old throwing tantrums is perfect
Old 03-24-2013, 02:04 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

The snow's ridiculous! But I'd wear a wear a scarf in summer, I'm one of those annoying constantly cold people. However come the summer when everyone is sweating, I'm in my element - should have been a lizard.

Chuff, I did too! I used to call mine "The Grinner", like a black wolf monster amalgamation. It's less daunting when it's a toddler on a screaming session haha
Old 03-24-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hello, everyone!

So I just caught up on all these wonderful posts <---------- I went and rewarded myself last night by going to the mall with my friend and buying my son sneakers, game, card and a fluffy blue bunny for Easter. I am so happy! I will BB in a little while to catch up. :bounce
Old 03-24-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 1. Glad to be back. And for those wavering, I can officially confirm that it's not worth it. But we all know this already. So good to catch up with everyone. You are doing great. What happens to our wee page when March comes to an end ???