Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 6

Old 03-23-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Just having my pre bed cuppa and half hour in the chat room,

Been a bit of a quiet day really ended up reading most of the night. AV still leaving me alone for the time being.

Good night all
Old 03-23-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Night Beagle! Sleep well.

Argent I'm wide awake, insomnia kicking in, putting it to good use on the forum (and thankful it's Sunday tomorrow - no work!)

My AV was giving me grief earlier, have a feeling tomorrow is going to be an absolute b*tch for me tomorrow. I've never beaten day 3 and I can tell I'm going to lose my rag... BRING IT ON!
Old 03-23-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
Night Beagle! Sleep well.

Argent I'm wide awake, insomnia kicking in, putting it to good use on the forum (and thankful it's Sunday tomorrow - no work!)

My AV was giving me grief earlier, have a feeling tomorrow is going to be an absolute b*tch for me tomorrow. I've never beaten day 3 and I can tell I'm going to lose my rag... BRING IT ON!
Good luck with tomorrow Penache, take it as it comes just remember that you just wrote this and it will remind you day 4 might just be nice to see

Day 13 tomorrow and am luckily getting some decent sleep in, insomnia sucks I know !
Old 03-23-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArgentOfSilvae View Post

Good luck with tomorrow Penache, take it as it comes just remember that you just wrote this and it will remind you day 4 might just be nice to see

Day 13 tomorrow and am luckily getting some decent sleep in, insomnia sucks I know !
Very good way of looking at it! Thanks Argent Have a wonderful sleep, sweet dreams.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi. Day 1 again. I'm disappointed. I caved to my urges after a bad day at work followed by my husband losing his job. I didn't even try to not drink. I just drank and wallowed I. Self pity. I stopped before it got too awful, ate and went to bed.

I'm back. Not happy with myself but I'm here.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear about your husband losing his job Tryingharder.

But take the positives from this, it was a one day thing, you stopped before it got out of hand and you've signed back on here and (as your name quite rightly says) you're trying! Recovery is not an easy road, some of us do it on the first go, some of us relapse, it all depends on the individual. So don't beat yourself up too much, try to learn and move on from it. Today's a new day, cancel and continue.

You're doing well Tryingharder, the more you try the easier it gets. Try to fail, rather than fail to try. ('Fail' in the loosest terms, it's never a fail. But that's my favourite quote when it comes down to these things, it gets me going again, I hope it does you too )
Old 03-23-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks Panache. My daughter called me today and asked me how I was doing. Yesterday was day 14. I almost said fine. Then I told her I'd slipped. She said so what? Start over. The. She said, did you tell your support site? Tell them and get going again. I was planning to anyway but it's great to have a supportive daughter.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

What a wonderful daughter you have raised Tryingharder, she is a credit to you. But good on you for telling her and getting back on here.
Still a Marcher that's for sure
Old 03-23-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

That is one awesome daughter TryingHarder!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
What a wonderful daughter you have raised Tryingharder, she is a credit to you. But good on you for telling her and getting back on here.
Still a Marcher that's for sure
Yeah I'm glad I took a breath and told her the truth. I just have to be truthful if I'm going to get this thing right.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I can't wait for tomorrow. I feel grumpy and anxious and all those crap next day things. I don't want anymore of these day after feelings. I really hate it so much. Maybe some good will come from this because I'm pretty damn convinced this isn't the way I want to live at all.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I just shared my experience with y'all with my family this week. They were amazed. They were also adamant that I keep in touch with you.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TryingHarder View Post

Yeah I'm glad I took a breath and told her the truth. I just have to be truthful if I'm going to get this thing right.
I agree with you on that, there's no point in masking the truth as no one can help you with the feelings you're going through. It'd be easy for me to tell everyone on the board "I'm on 100 days sober" and no one would ever know, but where does that get me? I want to tell people if I make a little mistake and i'm starting again as they can talk me through what I'm feeling and guide me in the right direction.

You WILL get it right Tryingharder and we're all rooting for you!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Will I always be a 'liability' to a man? I am 23 days sober. My boyfriend broker up with me when I went to rehab. He said that he is scared to get back together with me because what if I relapse in one month, three months, or a year. He doesn't want to be responsible for that.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey cajun, **** him.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hahaha! That's the first time I have laughed in 3 days! Thank you trachemys! I was not expecting that response!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey TryingHarder: big hugs to you.

Good morning everyone, I'm pretty proud of Day 16. And Dee: I'm so glad you are having a day off! Good for you!

Three references back to part 5:

Sassy said: Marcher, sorry to say this but 50 is a baby, lol!

Sigh, yep Sassy you are right, I am barrelling down to 60 but think I'm 19.

And chuff what is "rosie lee"? Is it a soft drink or tea?

Panache you asked about concentration: mine was shot the first few days but is getting better everyday. My biggest thing is how much calmer I feel.

Mum, DH, dog and I are just back from a Sunday morning walk on the dog-allowed beach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1010557-1.jpg (88.7 KB, 50 views)
Old 03-23-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Marcher13! Is that you in the picture and is that where you live?? That is a beautiful picture. That is how I picture you...this fabulously cool woman walking barefoot on the beach! Girl, you make 50 whatever look good!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Marcher13! Is that you in the picture and is that where you live?? That is a beautiful picture. That is how I picture you...this fabulously cool woman walking barefoot on the beach! Girl, you make 50 whatever look good!
Hey Shoes thanks but I took the picture. That's dear old Mum, she's 86 (I'm not worried, you couldn't possibly tell from that shot), hubby and our dog.

And yeah, near where I live, so is the pic in my avatar, it is stunning country here.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Well your dear Mum looks great! I'd feel bad but no one in million years would think that's an 86 year old woman. How did you put a picture in your post? I have nothing close to a view like that but I do have 3 dogs and 2 cats that are cute. I live in a zoo.