i dont know how im going to feel from one day to the next

i need a radical move to break the cycle
Old 03-26-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 582 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by yestofreedom View Post

i just need a goal to strive for
i dont know how im going to feel from one day to the next
Thing is YestoF you do have a goal. You want to stay clean otherwise you wouldn't be on here. And that's the best goal of all.

Not setting unattainable targets, not making promises to yourself that "I'm never doing that again." Just doing it one day at a time.

For what seems an age, it's a rollercoaster. A myriad of emotions coming at you from all directions. Look at it like how your body reacts: you give up and it cleanses itself of all those impurities. It dumps a load of toxins over time. Your mind is doing much the same thing.

As you get further in, the peaks and troughs are not as noticeable. They flatten out and you start to recognize the siren calls back to your old ways for what they really are; a passing annoyance.

Stay with it and stay the course on here. Everyday there's someone feeling just like you

Strength etc.

NT
Old 03-26-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 583 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Northlander View Post
Hi Panache - the dog is an Alaskan Malamute/Siberian Husky who is not amused. Found it on the web, not one of my three dogs.

Mick - great avatar! Natty, your avatar cracks me up. Snaggle, I suggest your avatar be Snagglepuss or Snookie from Jersey Shore..
Lol. I think a Snagglepuss will be making an appearance soon!!!. Tomorrow will find one. Off to bed now end of day 3. Night all you wonderful Marchers xx
Old 03-26-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 584 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
Hi Sassy,

I joined Smart the other day and I'm going to attend the online meeting Wednesday as I don't really know how to work the website (I.e. I haven't actually sat down and browsed through it all). Is it a set of videos you watch?
Hi Panache,

I got the book which I haven't opened yet and printed some of the forms on the CD though I get the impression that the forms can be downloaded fom the website, too. He CD contains a bunch of articles about the process. To be totally honest, I've primarily used it for the "cost-benefit" form which is the list of the advantages and disadvantages of drinking and not drinking. That helped me to clarify my thinking. I still need to get organized to do the rest!

S
Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 585 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers! Mr Beagle your b'day is "tomorrow" which must be today (Wednesday) where I am so I hope I have this right:

:day1

Day 19 for me. This morning I didn't calculate the number as soon as I woke, I didn't think of it until after breakfast so that's progress.

I've been doing some serious study over in the RR/AVRT section of SR and I am really excited about this method. I urge all of you to read around and find methods that suit you -- be it AA, AVRT or something else.

Sleep well/have a great day my friends.

JimJim, Chanty, Obladi and Branches -- are you around?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 586 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
I've been doing some serious study over in the RR/AVRT section of SR and I am really excited about this method. I urge all of you to read around and find methods that suit you -- be it AA, AVRT or something else.
Like a breath of demonburning soulsearing reality, ain't it?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 587 (permalink)  

today I was inspired by this phrase and I want to share:

Trouble comes to everyone, but feeling miserable is no reason to make others miserable.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 588 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yesto, sorry to hear you are back at day 1 but glad to see you back here so quickly.
AsNatty says your goal is about your survival, but when you say you don't know what you feel from one day to the next & need something radical to break the cycle; have you honestly faced your alcoholism and the fact that to survive it you have to never drink again?
I think this is the radical something you need to accept and you will then break the cycle. Whilst you are coming to terms, there are still ways to protect yourself from falling again, but you have to want to use them. The fact that you have come back so quickly tells me you are ready to face things head on.
Good luck my friend, acceptance lightens the load.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 589 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Good morning Marchers! Mr Beagle your b'day is "tomorrow" which must be today (Wednesday) where I am so I hope I have this right:

:day1

Day 19 for me. This morning I didn't calculate the number as soon as I woke, I didn't think of it until after breakfast so that's progress.

Sleep well/have a great day my friends.

JimJim, Chanty, Obladi and Branches -- are you around?
Thanks for the happy birthday Marcher from the future! Well done on 19 days
Old 03-26-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 590 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
I'm good thank sweetheart. I read your post earlier. We often find it all to easy to pick faults with ourselves, so your post really made me realise that we need to look at our strengths, recognise the beauty in ourselves and love the person we are. You post was a timely reminder. Thank you. X
Love it, Toots!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 591 (permalink)  

Wow don't think I'm ever going to catch up to all the posts I have missed. Might just have to start here and try to stay caught up. Hope all are well and sober. I passed the three week mark yesterday and still feel strong.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 592 (permalink)  

My fellow Marchers,

I'm on one of my little low ebbs, so rather than bore you with the downtrodden details I shall get to bed and wake up tomorrow hopefully feeling a lot more grateful for the position I am in. (Don't worry, there's no alcohol in my house even if I wanted to drink away the depression)

Love to you all, hope you are having a splendid day/night.

You are all marvels in my eyes for just being here, whether it's your 1st day or your 51st day.

Love and strength people, stay beautiful. X
Old 03-26-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 593 (permalink)  

I folks, I hope you are all well. Came home from work and did yard work. I didn't drink and feel good.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 594 (permalink)  

Well that's it! I'm officialy 21!!

Sat eating tortillas and salsa watching tv may not be the wildest night a guy has on his 21st, but in truth, I've drank so much in the past 4 years or so that i've probably been 'celebrating' it 300 times before.

Right now, i'm sober, and at this very moment i'm happy. Once again thank you all for your support, without this forum i'd still be exactly where I was this time last year, and that wasn't at all pretty.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 595 (permalink)  
Administrator

still out sick guys

if you guys can remmber to let someone know when you hit 500 posts again I'd appreciate - I may not be passing next time

next part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-7-a.html

D