Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 12

Old 03-13-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I had a nice breakfast with an old friend today. He was kind of a drinking buddy so I thought I might have to write him off, but he's being persistent about hanging around. He was very supportive of my sobriety and concerned that he may have contributed to my drinking before (which I told him I would've done with or without him). He said I seem at peace with myself compared to before. That I seem happy and that I was even glowing. It was nice to have an old friend be happy for me. I'll have to see if the friendship can withstand my sobriety, because I have doubts, but for today it was nice.
Had a good rest of the day. Hubby encouraged me to go biking with him, so at least I got a little exercise in. Gloomy beach weather most of the day though so hoping for sunshine tomorrow.
Night undies.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Late evening

Escapist: I'll add another Happy Birthday,

Siesta: good to hear your friend is being supportive of your recovery, hope the gloomy weather improves soon

Nicky: Positive thoughts coming your way, ((hug))

Grace: glad the curry turned out well, I like leeks, milder flavored. I try to convince myself I'm burning ton O' calories doing housework!

Goodnight, sweet dreams everyone...

Bloss
Old 03-14-2013, 02:34 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Escapist: Happy Birthday!

MB and Escapist--happy anniversary! May something extraordinarily good come your way today!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Escapist!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

11.10 Thur

Good morning Thursday F'Undies

How's it going. I've just come back from the builders merchant's with my son, he's taken up my lawn at the back and is laying a stone circle for me, I wanted to go with him and pay for it myself, because if I gave him the money I probably wouldn't see him again for a fortnight! Just being realistic.

Loving the Stick Dudes Nel, they put on a good show.I hope you got a better nights sleep after that exercise. You and Nicky ( and Tanja) have my full admiration in not drinking whilst your husbands still do, that must be so difficult, it's hard enough keeping ourselves on track without that temptation being in your face every day. You are both amazing ladies.

It sounds like you had a good day with your son Alaska, and you sound happy and positive too. You're not the only one who spent too many years working and drinking our lives away. Thank goodness we're in a better place now.
I'm always doing duplicate posts too, either that or I lose them completely.

Nicky, I'm sending you a big hug (( )) just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Stay strong and concentrate on your sobriety. You've had so much going on in your life lately, just concentrate on you, you can't mend everybody.

Morning HD3, have a good Thursday, I hope your baking was successful, though I have no doubts at all that it was. Let us know what the customer's thought.

Hi TTABP, hope you had a good night and hope to see you later.

G'night gruff, manly Dee, have a good restful sleep. See you tomorrow. x

Happy, happy birthday Escapist, have a wonderful day. xxx

Hi Siesta, it sounds like you had a really good day with your friend. It is good to have a supportive friend, but as you have your doubts about the friendship you're doing the best thing playing it by ear! Very wise.

Bloss, now don't do too much housework, don't want you wasting away.

Hi Gilmer, have yourself a great Thursday.

See you all later

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Morning

Warm here in CA valley, seems quite early this year. I'll send some warmth out to each of you.

As always,
Have a safe, sober Thursday
Put sobriety first

Bloss
Old 03-14-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies! Thank you so much for your congrats!

Bloss - please, do send me some warm! It's snowing again, two days in a row! And it's freezing again.

Best wishes to all. Have a great day)
Old 03-14-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

My car thermometer says it's 40 degrees, but my wind chill-ometer says it's -10! A few days ago it was in the 60s! (Fahrenheit, that it).
Old 03-14-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Augggg ... Well slept 15hrs. lot of alka seltzer plus..

Back to bed guys..
Old 03-14-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hey gang I had a big long post and lost it! My stupid computer crashed last year and has not been the same (I love the little gaah smilie)..lol..Well not much to say been kinda quite here. I slept just a little last night and like always bad dreams. I was being chased again nothing new there, I woke up scared. I told my husband my whole life all my dreams I am always being chased! I use to have two really scary repeated dreams for years, in my teenage years up to I was 30. I would wake up so scared my chest would hurt. (I'm 44) I am always running or trying to get away from someone or something in my dreams. Well gang hope everyone has a great night. I am off to work out on my bike Chow Undie peeps.... I had to post the gaah smilie on more time, just for the fun of it. ..lol:rotfxko
Old 03-14-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Administrator

That looks very much like me Grace - NOT

hope the dreams go away again nel

D
Old 03-14-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Congratulatins Midnight on 5 months of sobriety Six months or 1/2 year is right around the corner!

Congratulations Escapist on 5 months of sobriety and your birthday too7 I hope you found a really special way to celebrate two such joyous occasions!

Grace - Your dinner sounded delicous. I am so glad you relaxed with a nice bubble bath. I take frequent bubble baths and find them so soothing.

**{Nicky}} - I can so relate to frustration with a drinking husband when trying to work on your own sobriety. Last night I shared at a meeting about this very subject. I hope your day went better today.

I am off to my service position at a speaker meeting.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening
Old 03-14-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Just checking in before bed. I'm tired to be honest and should really be in bed now, but hey, you know how it is.

Bloss, I'd be grateful of some warm too, please!

M.B it's been freezing here too, but it's raining now, you have a good night and don't be on that p.c too late!

Brrr Gilmer, wrap up well.

HD3 we'll be calling you Rip Van Winkle.

Hi Nel, what horrible dreams you have, is there something behind them do you think? I have a recurring dream that my two children are still very young and I can't find them, it's awful. Sometimes I wake up in a panic then I remember they are grown up and don't live here now!

Ha ha Dee, I'm sure it does!

Hi Tanja, great to see you posting again, my goodness listen to you, sharing! That's awesome, you're much braver than me. I hope you enjoyed your service meeting. Take care. xxx

Off to bed now

Good night, sleep well

Gxxx
Old 03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Stay warm Gilmer & MB - I actually love winter and do not like summer but could never live anywhere without the four seasons.

HD3 poor baby - feel better.

Night all
Old 03-14-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Old 03-14-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hiiiii Undies! Finally home and have some time for SR before bed

MD and Escapist big congrats on the 5 months!!!
Happy birthday Escapist!

Grace the new boss only stopped by for a little. He seems really lay back and nice so far but we'll see how it goes once he's there full time starting next week. Hopefully it will all work out well.

I was just thinking about my life today and where I am today verses 5 1/2 months ago. What a Huge difference! So grateful each and everyday that I wake up hangover free. And like I've said before it would not be possible without all of your and SR. I went from being drunk and depressed and not happy about anything to caring and feeling emotions and general happiness and a career I love. I look forward to each day.

Hi to everyone and hope everyone is enjoying there warm and cold weather. Over here today was high 70s. Foggy this morning which I love!!

Goodnight Undies
Old 03-14-2013, 11:47 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Morning Undies

Been up since the crack of dawn, loaded with the cold yet again and had a horrible dream I was drinking and hiding booze. Not had one of them in a while and it was that real I woke up appologising to hubby. Thank goodness it was only a dream.

BF So great to hear you have turned a corner in your soberiety and reaping the benefits at last. Well done you!

Tanja My how things change for the better. Great to hear you shared regards your hubby. Must feel good to talk about it. Although I've shared I find it very difficult to discuss/share my thoughts on hubbies antics re drinking.
The service position sounds interesting, what does that entail?

Thank you all so much fo your kind words, you've no idea how good and how much it helps to share a little of what troubles me.

Bloss Can I join the list for nice weather It's bitterly cold and wet here.

Midnightblue You poor soul! You must be sick to your back teeth with your weather.

How's muscle man doing today then? (Dee) Hahah I was poorless at Graces' image of you.........lol I picture morw a gentle giant Dee.x

Well I'm going to enjoy my day getting loats of nice beaty stuff done as have a 40th tomorrow and want to look my best, despite the extra pounds I'm carrying.

So great to be sober even with life's ups and downs.

Hope the rest of you lovely Undies have a fabby day. This thread is so busy now and I don't mean to leave anyone out.

Catch you all later
x
Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Administrator

more a gentle elf Nicky

D
Old 03-15-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Good morning Undies I hope everyone has a great sober day!! Caledonia, I hope you have a good pre 40th birthday today I think I will drink some coffee and start on housework soon unless something fun crops up. Dee,for the last 15 months I have always picture you to be a gentle kool kat Well gang I will check in later, coffee is calling me.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

I'm listening to some guided meditations found online. Very helpful, letting go of old unhelpful thoughts and actions. Have a pleasant Saturday all.

May each of us have dreams which comfort us
So we awake sober and refreshed,
Bloss