FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
Latka G!

i love it fbl
"Tank you veddy much!"
Old 03-14-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Newby, well done!! I am truly impressed. And your friend sounds like she is a good stand in for all of us since we can't all come with you. ; )

Manz, it is so nice to hear your joy in making the most of these times with your wee one. It is a magical time.

I go for a repeat ultrasound shortly for checkup on some ovarian cysts. Have to drink a bunch of water and hold it in for a few hours. So don't make me laugh and pray I don't sneeze!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Manz View Post
Not so keen on The Beetles(white Album) but I guess that may come.
All, well, see, you can't start at the White Album. You gotta work your way up to it, just like the lads did. Did you tell him the drummer is named Ringo Starr? That usually earns the band extra points...
Old 03-14-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I'm glad you'll have company, Newby....good luck, we'll be thinking about you!!

I'm sorry about your friend, EQ.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I've been up and down with stuff and feelings. Blah blah blah. Considering throwing the fam in the car and heading south for spring break. Sometimes I don't feel ready for that kind of closeness, at other times I think it might be worth it to get out of dodge and see something different. Change of pace might be nice. Was thinking Tybee Island, GA. Anyone ever been?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
All, well, see, you can't start at the White Album. You gotta work your way up to it, just like the lads did. Did you tell him the drummer is named Ringo Starr? That usually earns the band extra points...
Rubber Soul won't usually frighten the horses LOL

D
Old 03-14-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
instant

I prefer Revolver

surrender to the void
Old 03-14-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Can I post here now guys? I see friendly faces And March is quiet these days...

I have had one of those days that makes me want to drink. It upsets me that that is still my first instinct. Some days I feel like I did really early on when I was angry and snappy as hell, and I am not sure what to do with anger... Feels daft posting about it this far down the line but there we go.

How is everyone here? x
Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a better album for mine - but if weeman grooves on Tomorrow Never Knows, he's a tripper LOL

Welcome Hypo
Drinking was my go to thought for quite a while - it took a long time to fade.

Even just a couple of years ago I had a really long stretch of ill health and pain and the thought popped its head up again...

I figure I can't stop my thoughts, but I can damn well make sure I do the right thing in response...that's where the meat of recovery is for me

D
Old 03-14-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee x
Old 03-14-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi Hypo! I still have thoughts, lately, after a hard day at work (which has been most lately) it pops in, trying to say I can relax with a drink, but I recenter my mind and ignore it. As many times as necessary!! Because a craving is not a feeling, but a craving tries to prevent me from knowing what I'm feeling and why. Anyway if you actually asked yourself how often you thought of alcohol when you first quit, versus how often you do now, I think you'll find the answers are miles apart. I bet it is not really your go to thought anymore all the time.

But when we get to facing the next stage/ feeling/ avoided task I think our AV takes a half court shot just in case. About three months I had to face my pervasive helpless/ hopeless/ worthless thoughts or I'd drink. It was tough but I'm happy to say my persistence was only needed a month or two as these thoughts haven't been around for a month. So maybe our triggers / anger are a new level of the game. But it is in the playing we become stronger.

In writing this I just realized in all the messes I caused myself today, (not having my order for a test and had to reschedule after waifing there, then leaving my license at the imaging center, then leaving my phone home, and other scattered things I did), I did not once think thoughts of hopelessness or helplessness or self deprecation! Instead I thought, OK EQ, no need for drama, what can you do different so you learn from this? This attitude is new!

Thank you for posting and getting me to write because it helped me see my progress!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi hypo, welcome and congrats on a year!! Don't let it upset you, thoughts are thoughts..stand tough with your actions.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

fbl, 110 kebble make a lithnitch

and hypo, go kick a tree, you wont be angry anymore, just sore! lol
Old 03-14-2013, 10:28 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good to see you over here, Hypo! I still hear the call now and then. I try to observe it, to catch the thought and recognize it for what it is, just an echo of my addiction. The act of analyzing it tends to neutralize it. Drinking is just so obviously a bad idea for me. Especially when I'm feeling angry or down—that's precisely when I need to be the most self-aware, so I can isolate the reason, and find a real solution.

That's a great insight, EQ. I like that a lot. Makes me wonder how often I mistake opportunities for problems...

As for Beatles, I am proud to say the kiddo is a "Let It Be" girl. I however remember becoming hooked when I saw "Yellow Submarine" around her age.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

The Beatles cartoon show was pretty 'gear' too

D
Old 03-14-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Is that Oz talk for psychedelic? That doesn't worry me. My problem was booze. I'll start to worry if she develops an interest in Jimmy Buffett, lol...
Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

apparently 'gear' was Liverpudlian slang for really good...it still might be? lol

D
Old 03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I don't know.... but Liverpudian is pretty great word in its own right!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, Yellow Submarine! And there were these scratch off decals of each Beatle from the movie. I think they came in a cereal or something. My sisters and I put those decals all over our little carrying case that held our 45 rpm records! Haha. We also ironed each other's hair on the ironing board...

But I digress. I personally prefer "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" myself.

((((Newby)))) Thinking of you this morning!!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Rubber soul is good.....please let Weeman not like Tomorrow Never Knows...oh and I had forgotten about Yellow Submarine, Let It Be may be a little too slow for him....but I'm gonna find out.

TGIF!!!!!! I am sooooooo glad this week is over, infact I am sooooo glad this last 4 weeks are over. I am exhausted. Tomorrow is a busy day, Weeman has scheduled a visit to the toy shop to look at Scleich animals and then to the bookshop to use his $5 off voucher from school. I'm open to shopping!! Lol