# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of September 2012 Part 10

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-20.html

D
Old 02-18-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jim sorry to hear your drinking. Please get some rest, tomorrow is another day. You can do this!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jim, I think it's close to 11 pm your time. I hope you are fine and you can just call it a day. Tomorrow you can dust off and reassess. Don’t give up. You are on a rocky road and I hope we can help you navigate the pit holes. Sending prayers…
Old 02-18-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jim,
I want you to let me know what I can do to help. PM me and I'll let you in on a few of my past failures in my quest for sobriety. We all have different stories and pasts. Skeletons in the closet so to speak... I don't know why I think life without alchohol is the one I need, but the one with it was not so hot. I, even here among friends, (family now) am afraid to really speak my mind out of shame. I am in no position to give advice with all the times I've tried to quit and failed. Life can be **** at times. Its what tempers us like metal. If life was so fantastic we would not need to drink or alter ourselves now would we? However, I am finding that living with the **** sober is much more easy than I thought it would be. Not that life is any more easy but I consitantly find dealing with the **** better than if I was doing so drunk or hungover. Those were the two phases of my life...drunk or hungover. I pray for your sanity through all this and know that deep in your heart you want to do the right thing. You are a good person. You have and will continue to help those of us here. Stay the course.

Please let me know,

Ozark
Old 02-18-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jim... not sure if I have anything to add other than my sincere hopes you will be able to stop drinking and find peace. I know how hard it is. Take care and remember everyone here is here for you.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think this might be the next book I read Jim...
“I once heard a sober alcoholic say that drinking never made him happy, but it made him feel like he was going to be happy in about fifteen minutes. That was exactly it, and I couldn’t understand why the happiness never came, couldn’t see the flaw in my thinking, couldn’t see that alcohol kept me trapped in a world of illusion, procrastination, paralysis. I lived always in the future, never in the present. Next time, next time! Next time I drank it would be different, next time it would make me feel good again. And all my efforts were doomed, because already drinking hadn’t made me feel good in years.”
― Heather King, Parched
We're all here for you, mate.
If we can believe in you, it seems only fair you can try too
D
Old 02-19-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Off to the salt mine.

Have a great day.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning. Hope all is well. Have a great day.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm sorry for getting drunk. I'm at work at the moment will post when I get home.

Thank you all x
Old 02-19-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

I am saying goodbye for a few weeks. I don’t believe that I am in any danger of drinking, since I made a Lenten promise to God. I trust that I have learned the skills necessary to keep that promise. Since July I have had 194 days without any alcohol…not continuous…you all know I had my share of day ones along the way.

I have lots of things in life that I have to refocus on, and I need to reallocate my hours. I may be reading from time to time, but I am going to refrain from posting.

Jim, I’m glad you posted today. I will keep praying for you. I still think that life is not ****. I think that we have to force ourselves to see the glass as half full, not half empty. When s**t happens, or life’s metal gets sharp, we have to refill the glass to half full. I look at my kids when they are sleeping and count their toes and fingers, or I stand on my deck and watch the birds. I know you have the strength in you to beat this. Before I go, I want to share an old post. You may have already seen it. My wish for you is that your kids will never write anything like this…
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...here-mine.html

Talk to you all after Easter! You will remain in my prayers. Hugs!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you Benice, your story certainly brings home the damage I have done to my beautiful son. Time to get straight for good. Well done to you, you are doing great. I must say I'm going to miss you my love, please take care and come back soon to let us know you're well. X
Old 02-19-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good luck Benice, don't forget us!

Jim, I hope things are at least a bit better for you today.

17 days for me until six months. Well91, I'm right behind you!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

take care Benice - see you in a bit

D
Old 02-19-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi SBTS, feeling better thank you. I didn't make a meeting tonight to poorly from the fall out of yesterday. Glued to SR tonight instead.

Dee, thanks for the Heather King tip, I googled her a fascinating lady I will read parched for sure.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm hoping you're well Jaz, could really do with you right now hun. Please post soon. X
Old 02-19-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Jim, hope you're ok.

Benice, hope we still get to hear from you.

xx
Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Eli, morning all. I'm fine thanks Eli I spent alot of time on here last night and I'm fully commited to be sober again. Everytime time I stumble it's getting harder to pick myself up again. This cycle needs to stop now. I'm going to try AA meetings and get reading some books to try and step up recovery. Thank you all so much.

Have a great Wednesday all x
Old 02-20-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Morning,

Great to here from you Jim. Keep moving forward.

Can't wait to hear back from you benice. Eli, SBTS, Hope and the rest of you all, thanks for posting and all your support.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks for being there Ozark! :-)
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Benice thank you for sharing your story, I can definately relate to growing up with an alcoholic father (and stepmother). I've been reading alot in the ACOA section! Hope to hear back from you soon.

Jim so glad to see you post

Have a great day all!