Notices

Class of September 2012 Part 10

Old 03-14-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Jim congrats on two weeks! Sonja hope your feeling better and made it to your meeting.

SBTS have a wonderful vacation, it sounds like you have a good plan in place. Just an idea....I'm not sure if your AA meeting person, but if you start feeling the urge to drink maybe you can go to a meeting. It may be fun and heck its not like you would run into someone you know or will see again, but it could take the edge off

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 03-15-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Good Friday morning all,

Hope everyone has a great day and an even better weekend!!!

Keep up the fight friends.

We ARE the Champions!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Jimuk, way to go!! Congratulations!! Have a fantastic Friday everyone.I'm getting excited cause I can finally get out side and do some gardening.I have a lemon tree bush my husband gave me for a present,it smells like lemons,pretty cool.Well it really needs some sunshine and fresh air, like me. Wow it's almost spring. Made it through the winter here in Washington with hardly any snow,but missed it.And not much northeastern blowing. I sure hope this rain were getting turns into sunshine soon. Take care and enjoy ur weekend.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Sonja I enjoy gardening as well, I cant wait until spring. I would have never thought you could plant a lemon tree in Washington, how cool is that

Have a great day everyone! Off hitting the job search!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Correction warmer spring weather lol
Old 03-15-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Hey there Everyone!

Been ages, I know. Can't express how sorry I am for not checking in. Life has been crazy, but I know you're all familiar with how that can happen. I'll try to spare you too many boring details.

For those of you who remember, yes, I did get the job. After several interviews & hours of testing, they called me one day and asked me to start the very next. That was probably the last time I posted. I love a good challenge, and this job has certainly been just that. But have to say that I was a bit unprepared for all I had to face. I feel good about how far I've come in the past 5 weeks (at least with my job), and they seem to be pleased with me, but I've been overwhelmed to say the least. Still have my job that I work from home, so my plate has been full.

Haven't read all the posts, many to catch up on. A sincere thank you to those who have asked about me. Benice, you had asked about my son & the snow. Snow has still been coming full force...it's not so 'pretty' anymore. I think we're all sick of it at this point. My son has been doing good overall, but did get sick with this horrible flu going around landing him in the hospital a little over a week ago. He's well now & back to his feisty self!

I have to tell all of you...I not only lost the determination & drive to quit drinking, but recently seem to have lost the desire. We all know how much energy & drive it takes to become & stay sober...and it just seems that my energy has been going to everything but that. There has hardly been a day that's gone by that I didn't cave and at least have 1 glass of wine. I know I should've been on here sharing, but I didn't feel right talking about fighting to be sober when I knew I would soon have a glass of wine in my hand. I am very disappointed in myself and ashamed saying this to all of you. I'm sorry.

Just not sure where I fit in right now.

Jimuk, I know shared all of this with you earlier, so you're hearing this a second time. But I want to thank you again for your concern. That's what made me come here to check in.

Congrats to all who have been doing so well!! I still think of my SR family every single day!

Hugs to you all!!!
Jaz
Old 03-15-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hey jaz, I do remember you going for the job interview - congrats!!

Sorry to hear you're struggling. Please don't be ashamed of yourself; we've all been there! I don't have six months either. I was too ashamed to come back here and post, but I'm glad I did. Honestly, this is the best place to come when you feel ashamed - there's nothing like reading posts and seeing that EVERYONE here is so wonderful and kind and full of compassion: I find it utterly impossible to think anyone here is a "bad" person with something to be ashamed of and THAT, more than anything, helps me to see that I'm not a bad person. Please try to recognize that about yourself.

Jimuk, congrats on two weeks!!!

Sonja, now I want a lemon tree!!! I don't think they'll grow in Canada, though.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Get ready for that podium!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Morning friends,

Going to be a great weekend !!!

Remember, "Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest, It's about who came, and never left your side."

We are all in this together, lets stay strong, we can do this.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

(((Jazz))) its sooo nice to hear from you. Your one busy lady - mom, two jobs - wow that's a lot to handle. Please don't be too hard on yourself and you have no reason to be sorry. Staying sober is not easy, heck we all wouldn't be here if it was I have heard many people on say "Sobriety is not a race, its a journey".

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Good Saturday to everyone. Hope this find everyone well.

To Jaz or anyone else who is struggling I hope you can go easy on yourself. Sobriety is not easy and the way I view it , and this is just my opinion , that everyone has their own journey on treating their own condition with alcohol. I would never poke fun at someone suffering another disease or illness nor anyone who struggles with alcoholism. I would be supportive and hope they can overcome the condition as best they can. My own experience has been a long battle with many slips and relapses along the way. I felt shame , guilt , remorse , terror , bewilderment along the way but I view things different now and the only possible mistake I could make is to give up on working toward sobriety completely. Posting here , to me , shows willingness at some level remains within. All anyone can do is their best and I hope the shame , guilt or other negative feelings will be replaced with a recognition you are not alone and we are here to be supportive and understanding.

For myself all I have is a daily reprieve from drinking. No matter how much sober time I have , I know it can all end fairly quickly and has many times in the past. I don't belittle my sobriety time but I also don't get my head filled too much by it either. Just dealing with life sober has it a lot of new things for my to learn as well as deal with life as it moves along. I am fortunate in some ways my life is fairly simple right now and that allows me to take time to work on the challenges and changes I need to make.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun St Patrick's day which can be a difficult time for some folks. I can't say I used that day much in the last decade as an excuse to drink , heck I'd use sunrise , sunset , mid day , or any other reason to drink because "I needed it " , "I deserved it" , " I can't deal with things without a drink", .....lots of reasons. I have my own daily regime that will keep me away from the drinking part of many peoples celebration of the day. My heritage is half Irish so I can still enjoy what Ireland has brought to the world without partaking in drinking.

Wishing everyone a great 24
Old 03-16-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Great post YVR.

Jaz, I am glad you came here to check in, especially as you have been struggling. I'm certainly in no place to judge anyone. I have six months now, but I've relapsed after a longer time than that before... I'm not saying I think that will happen again, more just that I definitely don't think I have it all figured out, and I don't think anyone else here does either. We are all still relatively new to this. If I've learned anything it's that I have to stay vigilant no matter how much time goes by. I can't afford the luxury of thinking my work is done.

Hope, great suggestion. I'm not a huge AA person, but have been to a few meetings and can see how it might help if I struggle next week. My husband is on board and knows I may need extra support. I am counting on SR too as always. I will have my iPad with me to check in as needed.

Hope everyone is having a peaceful sober weekend... I am, but I should be doing more homework and chores than I have been so far! We leave on Monday and I have much to accomplish before then.

Will check in again soon.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Greetings Septemberites. Hope all is well with you. Stay strong and stay sober - it gets better.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Administrator

As you see noones gonna give you a hard time Jaz

I hope you fan that little spark in you that I know wants to be sober tho....
You deserve it

D
Old 03-16-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

I haven't been great about posting in the last few days and might have missed a few updates from you guys.

Jaz, congrats on the new job. Lovely to hear from you. We've all been in the same boat, so please don't feel you can't come and chat to us.

Ozark, love the quote about friendship. So true!

SBTS, hope you have a great vacation and all goes well for you!

Jim, Bumble, YVR, Hope, Dee - hope you're all having a great weekend!

Paddy's Day here in Ireland or "Paddy's Weekend" as it has turned into. I never really liked the parade/celebratory element of it so I used to stay at home drinking by myself. The restaurant where I work is closed tomorrow and Monday too. A couple of days off like that would normally start with me drinking tonight, getting up hungover and starting again by lunch tomorrow. Drinking, passing out and then drinking again until I was back at work. SO SO glad I don't have to do that this weekend!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:57 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Happy St. Patrick"s everyone! I hope we all have a good weekend.I know I feel so much better not waking to the first thought being "I don't feel good " "What do I have left?" I gotta call and find something."My whole day revolving around myself,my using.A vicious cycle.Life is so much better being fully here,even when we have our ups and downs.They get easier to handle the more we learn how to handle them.I'll have to say, I have a disability that I deal with clean and sober now.No more doctor prescribed opiates cause I told him the truth about my addiction.And the pain I'm in is alot most days,til I figure out all the different ways to cope.But I would be hurting so much more when using!! Don't ever wanna go through withdrawls again!!! And I have tried to stop and didn't lots of times. So don't feel bad about what you gave into it's PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION.We are not bad people wanting be better.We are "sick" people wanting to get well,thanks for your honesty. Hope22,I let you know if it lives through the next winter Lol
Old 03-17-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Happy St. Patricks day everyone! So many wonderful posts, I don't know where I would be without support from this group. Hope everyone is having a great day, I making corn beef and cabbage keep your fingers crossed
Old 03-17-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Checking in one last time before vaca. Thank you all for the well wishes and advice. I just packed my carryon and even though they'll take up extra room I made sure to throw in Rational Recovery and The Easy Way to Stop Drinking, the two books that over time have been the most helpful to me. Just in case.

I will check in soon from Key West!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Good Podium Monday Morning,

Have fun and a safe trip SBTS.

All of you have a great week.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

So many great posts! Have brought tears to my eyes. I believe it's fanned that spark. Can't thank you enough. You are all such amazing people!

It's a new week...I guess no better time than the present to give it another go.

Everyone have a wonderful, safe & sober day!
Love to you all,
Jaz
Old 03-18-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Well podium Monday and wow , sunshine here which is a nice break from rain.

Hope your trip goes well SBTS!

Jaz : Glad to see you back and inspired. You are an amazing person too and all of us just have a similar issue when it comes to alcohol or other mood altering substances.

Eli: Was a good weekend. I'd like a return visit to Ireland one day so I can actually tour and see what I intended to but ended up spending too much time in Temple Bar Dublin pubs. I will say , I managed to remember that trip as I seemed to not go crazy and did not drink hard liquor. I am not sure if I would be visiting on March 17th though :-)

Simple day for me with no end of stuff to do around the house and my home group tonight. Somehow have to fit in a brisk 45 minute walk as winter time pounds added up and I need to address my tendency on eating too much and choices of what I eat. Comfort food is fine until you get uncomfortable from it :-)

Wishing everyone a good 24