Notices

Class of September 2012 Part 10

Old 03-18-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Day1, off to sleep its been a tough day. I will catch up tomorrow. Great to see you Jaz! I will pm you tomorrow when feeling brighter :-) x
Old 03-18-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

SBTS have a safe trip! Jaz glad your back. Jim sorry you had a tough day, I hope your doing ok. Good night everyone!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone.

For the first time in over 6 months I was not on the podium on Monday.

I was at the football on Friday with my daughter and her pal.
It was a brilliant game and Motherwell won 4 - 1.
During the game my mates asked if I was going to the pub after it, I politely declined stating that I had the kids wirh me and I was driving.

Something happened on the way home.

By the time I got to my house, I said to my wife "I'm going out for a pint", changed my jacket and got a lift down to the pub.

As I was in the pub, all my time being sober quickly disappeared and I had pint after pint of lager. (4 pints)
On the way home, I did my usual of going into my local for the last round. (1 pint).

When I awoke on Saturday morning, I felt terrible, not guilty or anything, just physically sick with a bad headache.
I realised that this was the way I usually felt after a drink.
I thought I never had hangovers, it turns out I was just used to them.

I was 6 months and 1 week completely sober and I was saying to my self that I could drink if I wanted to, so I did.

I DID NOT LIKE IT AT ALL.

The drink itself tasted OK but was not worth the bother and as for the hangover.
Why would anyone spend a fortune to make themselves ill???

In a way, I am glad that I had the drink as it has reinforced the knowledge that I have, that the alcohol does me no good whatsoever.

I am a new man and the booze is not for me.

Thanks to everybody on Sober Recovery for helping me be Sober,

I know that I can't post on here anymore, or can I?
I will visit periodically to see how you are all doing.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Well, you absolutely can still post on here. I went back drinking after a month so I'm not at 6 months but I still consider you guys my group. I suppose it depends on whether you want increased support now or not. The current month group obviously post a lot more and are going through that terrible first month so if you need that, then go ahead but if not, then why leave this group?

Sometimes I think people need a slip to reaffirm to themselves that they want sobriety. It removes all doubt from their mind about what they want.

Anyway, glad you're ok and it didn't go any further and I hope you stay in this group with us. x
Old 03-19-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

And Jim, hope you're ok too and are feeling better today. x
Old 03-19-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Thanks elihoping.

I really am surprised at how I felt on Saturday morning, I felt repulsive and it really helped to reaffirm how much I want to be sober.

Do I go back to day one on Saturday?

Well thats me on series 2, episode 4, or day 4.

I can drink if I want to, I JUST DON'T WANT TO.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

well91, I am really happy to hear it reaffirmend for you that you don't want to drink. That's worth something, no? And your 6 months are DEFINITELY something!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to read you drank Well91, but if it gets you to see that drinkings no longer viable for you, then there was some good come out of it.

welcome back
D
Old 03-19-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Well91 sorry to hear that you drank, but like others have said at least you learned something from it. And no talk about leaving the group, keep us posted on how your doing.

Jim how are you doing buddy?
Old 03-19-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Well91, I am really sorry to hear you drank again, but definitely don't stop posting here. Many, if not most of the regular posters in this group no longer actually have September sobriety dates. Doesn't mean we can't all still support each other.

As for me it's been a challenging couple days here in Key West. It's tough being on a warm weather vacation without drinking, this is something i have never done before in my adult life, but I know I can make it through. My husband has gone off for drinks a couple times without me but has been very good about not drinking in front of me, which has helped a lot.

We are here until Saturday and I plan to continue relaxing and having a good time, sans alcohol. Will keep checking in to see how everyone is doing.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

hi everyone, I hope you all had a good day today.I am so grateful that my days are like days in recovery are ment to be, pretty normal Hay Bumble,I will let you know how my lemon tree does here in Washington cause as you are my neighbor and have the same weather.Maybe alittle colder huh? I don't know if it will make it through the next winter outside,we will see Take care friends in recovery.And thanks for all your support.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Hi Well91,I am so glad to see you have not kept going from your "slip".It takes courage to come back on here and let us know what you did.It sounds like you have learned alot from what happened that night, to how awful you felt the next morning. So my wish is for you not to feel like a failure or something,but that this will help you to stay sober again because you realize it's not worth it to drink again. Please don't stop posting,you haven't done anything wrong,ok?
Old 03-20-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.

I have learned a lot from that slip Sobersonja.
It was soooooooo easy just to slip back into the same obnoxious drunk that I used to be.

The Saturday morning was a real eye opener, a hangover after 5 pints of lager.
I used to drink that much before I went out and then thought I didn't have a hangover the next morning.

It is the old brain playing tricks again, telling me I didn't have hangovers when I was just so used to having them that I thought a hangover was just a normal morning.
Does that make sense?

I wish I hadn't had a drink but a part of me is glad I did.

No more booze for me thanks.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Ooh you make me live
Whatever this world can give to me
It's you you're all I see
Ooh you make me live now honey
Ooh you make me live

Ooh you're the best friend that I ever had
I've been with you such a long time
You're my sunshine and I want you to know
That my feelings are true, I really love you
Oh you're my best friend

Ooh I've been wandering round
But I still come back to you
In rain or shine, You've stood by me girl
I'm happy at home
You're my best friend

Ooh you make me live
Whenever this world is cruel to me
I got you to help me forgive
Ooh you make me live now honey
Ooh you make me live

You're the first one
When things turn out bad
You know I'll never be lonely
You're my only one
And I love the things
I really love the things that you do
You're my best friend
Old 03-20-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

How are you doing Jim?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hi All, just wanted to do a quick check in. SBTS hang tough gf! you can do it. I hope your enjoying your vacation.

Originally Posted by well91 View Post
It is the old brain playing tricks again, telling me I didn't have hangovers when I was just so used to having them that I thought a hangover was just a normal morning.
Does that make sense?
Well91 that absolutely makes sense. I never used to get hangovers, but looking back I probably had so much alcohol in my system the next morning I bypassed the hangovers until I would drink again the next night. It was such a vicious cycle. When I stopped for a while then relapsed the next day hangover hit me like a ton of bricks. It was the worse headache ever. I never want to do that again.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you going SBTS?

D
Old 03-20-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

So it was 6 months ago tonight I was out on my last bender. Tomorrow will mark my 6 month anniversary without any ETOH. Why do I not feel any better about that. I'll let you in on a little secert. We have had so many in our class "slip", as I have too in the past, even after as long as 3 years "dry", that I'm very aware of how easy it would be to take that first drink. I never planned to start drinking again but for one reason or another thought I could suddenly begin useing again without it effecting my life. I am very proud of hitting this point in my recovery but I am very hesitant to celebrate due to the fragile nature of the task at hand.

All that any of us can do is to keep striving for happiness and it will not truly be found with alcohol involved, I'm sure of that with me. I think anyone on this site regularly must feel that same way to some degree or else they would not be here as well.

SBTS, Hope, Sonja, Eli, Well, Jim, Jaz, Bumble and anyone else out there who I forgot, Keep at it.
I believe there are great things in store for all of us. We are all here for a reason and need to stay together to help and support each other in our battle.

"There is always strength in numbers. The more individuals or organizations that you can rally to your cause, the better". - Mark Shields

Best to all...

Ozark
Old 03-20-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Oz "
Old 03-21-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 4. Feeling a little depressed but tats work related. Hope you're ok! X