Notices

Class of January 2013 pt 5

Old 02-21-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Back to day 2 so dissapointed with myself.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Serenity ((((hugs)))

You still here and posting that is do great don't let a little slip-up shatter your long term goal.. This road is a bumpy one have a look what you can do different from now on in.. Focus on your sober days you got so many this year even a birthday you can do it.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Serenity. Reeny, amazing resistance on vacation! I agree that staying sober on dates will prevent you from kissing toads!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenityforme View Post
You are back on the right path again we are all here for you. As already said think of all the sober days and keep adding to them with your head high. You can do it x (( hugs ))

I did it i drove all on my own! I feel amazing yeeeee haaaaaa.
Only one little hiccup I tend to look in my rear view mirror too much and ended up slightly overshooting a junction ( a really little bit) but grumpy old man turning down the road I was coming out of glared at me. I put both hands up and mouthed I am really sorry he then started shouting and swearing at me so I looked away and ignored him until he had driven round and off down the road. That shook me a bit but I will learn from it. I just worry that I am slowing people down and feel I should be hurrying up.

All in all it went very well. Celebratory pizza for dinner and a nice bottle of......... Tonic water with lime. (low calorie of course) as if it really makes a difference after eating a big pizza! Lol
Old 02-21-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Good morning class.

Reeny: great job staying sober with the vacation! Maybe you could share a couple of pictures of the landscape here? I am with Dee and the girls about dating. If you not drinking is an issue.... The general consensus is not to get in a relationship the first year but I think it s really up to the individual.
One little piece of advice I'd like to give you though if you don't mind is if you go to AA, stay FAR FAR FAR away from the guys in the rooms who hit on you. Most male AA members are cool but unfortunately, there is also a handful of predators (we call them 13th steppers) who target new women. If someone makes a pass at you or invite you for a date, just tell him: "Dude I m in early sobriety and there are only 12 steps in AA". He'll get the drift.
I hope I don t sound preachy but I saw that happen quite a few times and the results are always bad for the newcomer.

Alison: I am so happy for you. Yes taking classes and paying a fine is a pain in the neck but you can still drive and you won t have a criminal record. WEPA!

Serenityforme: slips happen, what matters is that you are here with us being honest and getting back on track. I am impressed by how brave you and everyone iin this class is! you all make me proud to be a member of Jan 2013.

All is good on my front, the judge closed my friend's case so he went back home. I wish he would stop drinking but I did not cause it, I cannot control it and I cannot cure it. He is one of the very few people who know I am an alcoholic and quit. When (if ever) he is ready, he can always approach me and I ll take him to a meeting. I got a copy of the BB and some AVRT literature on my desk at his home it's within his reach but ultimately up to him.
Well that's it for me. Day 33, I do not have any cravings and the AVs are leaving me alone.

Wishing everyone a good sober day.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Lisa, whenever I accidentally tick someone off in traffic, I just make a quick wave then stare straight ahead. That way they don't think I'm gesturing at them--and I don't have to look at them gesturing at me!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Well its gonna get nasty here about 2 -6 inches of snow ...I'm upset with myself, I went to the store and actually thought about buying a bottle of wine, I mean I was touching the bottles, looking at prices, which one is cheaper?, Do I want White Zinfandel or Chardonnay?, .....What the hell, I DON'T DRINK WINE!!!.... I have not drank wine in like 18 years!! It was like my AV escaped from my head and was taking over my body ...My husband watched me and didn't say nothing!... I finally put down the bottle feeling pi$$ed cause I know I can't drink and then I felt like I was gonna cry about it!.....What the hell, I been doing so well... I'm frustrated.. I hate that I'm a alcoholic!! I'm sorry to vent, but I needed to get it out...I guess I could look at it like this....I was tempted, could of bought it, almost did, my husband was going along with it... but I stopped, I used my well power, I did it and yes I'm ticked off about the whole thing including being a alcoholic....But I did it, I walked away....Sorry again I'm just blah...I made a pot of coffee I think I will have a cup and relax.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Lisa
welcome back Serenity - what happened?

Nel - there will come a time when you won't even remember they have a wine aisle until you're half way home and you remember you forgot all about it

today you did well

D
Old 02-21-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Nel, good for you for putting the wine back! I think if my hubby was ok with my drinking, I probably would have a much harder time with my willpower.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Not my real name.

Originally Posted by Serenityforme View Post
I'm in the same boat. Day 2 for me again. Quit in January, made it to high 20s then figured I had it under control so what could go wrong if I had a drink? Started drinking and stopped coming to SR for several weeks, maybe nearly a month.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
way to go Lisa
welcome back Serenity - what happened?

Nel - there will come a time when you won't even remember they have a wine aisle until you're half way home and you remember you forgot all about it

today you did well

D
Dee - just did it again - wrote and lost my post..Grrr..will reply later when I get home from work..

Thanks Lisamum,Carlotta,Rosiemum and Glimer for your support..

Welcome home Reeny - your a star!!!

Alison - glad you got a good result..
Old 02-21-2013, 10:55 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

I am off to London today and I will be there for 3 weeks. There will be wifi in the cafes and bars, of course (that was jolly weird, the 'o' key on my keyboard often doesn't respond so that came out as "bars, of curse"!!!).

Well done everyone here. It is a valuable support structure for me and I knw I haven't been contributing as much as I would have wanted lately. Anyway I will try and check in regularly. All things being well. I will be on day 75 when I return to Italy and then Spring will be upon us (no more winter blues!).

bounced
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Administrator

bon voyage bounced

D
Old 02-22-2013, 12:30 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
There's nothing wrong with candlelit dinner with soda, or fruit juice or cola...if you think about it, that's your inner addict kicking up a fuss.

I always dated for the person, the pleasant company, not what they or I was drinking

If they're weirded out by me not drinking, the relationship hasn't got much of a future anyway

There's no hurry on this through - I spent a lot of time in my own company, working on myself - I'm glad I did that.

When I did get back into a relationship I was a far better partner for it

D
Thanks, Dee. Great advice -as always!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Thank you for your great supportive advice, my SR friends. I hope I can reciprocate, Rosieblue, Alison, Gilmer, Carlotta... I don't go to AA, Carlotta, but am tempted and will watch out for the 13th steppers.

Sorry to hear about you having a hard time, Serenityforme and James, and sending you both lots of good vibes. Great to know you're back on track again.

Keep up with the good choices, Nel (coffee over wine) - proud of you! And good to know you copped the lesser charge, Alison. A real boost for you.

Enjoy London, bounced, and stay strong.

Sorry to have missed saying hi to some people - soon back with full Internet access and will also try to upload some photos.

Have a great weekend, friends.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

John welcome back sorry you slipped get back on board that 3 week marker is a difficult one I know it's where I faltered last time you feel good, start forgetting why you were quitting, unexpected bbq, glass of wine in hand, just think I can handle this one or two won't hurt ha before you know it back to drinking the way you where before you quit week 3 is awful wasn't strong enough yet to say no. Find something to get through it a plan techniques anything that will work for you.

Bounced you better post from London look forward to hearing from you January's team girls are outnumbering the team boys you can't let the side down hope you have a successful trip.

Nel well done on not picking up the wine av's are sneaky.

Weekend woo hoo no longer feels like a major obstacle though av still pops up now and again it's lost its megaphone that it normally brought out on a Friday which I am thankful for. Going to hairdresser tomorrow first time not being hungover I might even enjoy it it's not nice with a bangy head I can tell you lol.

Hope all you lovely folks have a great weekend
Old 02-22-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Opps sorry meant James just read back phone changes things I tell you is heading for a bucket of water fast lol
Old 02-22-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Safe Journey Bounced, you can do this, 3 wks in stinky London and it's back to fresh air of spring in beautiful Italy.

Reeny It's so nice to hear from you, you are doing amazeballs out there.

Good News Alison, I am pleased for you.

Serenity and James, don't be to hard on yourself we have all been there but you should be proud at how quick you have turned it around, my blips would last sevral months and a whole load of disaster to deal with. Stay strong and keep posting here ((((hugs))))

Nel I hope you have moved on from picking up that bottle of wine, there is praise to be had because you could have so eaisly paid for it and drunk the lot but you chose not to. Well done.

Carlotta, I m sorry your friend is suffering but he has to want to do this himself, whereas you have 33 sober days behind you, brilliant stuff

Lisa I hope your enjoying your halfterm with the boys and getting out and about in your automobile.

Rosie I never thought it until I read your post IT@S FRIDAY!!!! And it dose feeling great not stressing about how to get through tonight without a drink. I'm so please for you and me now lol.

Hi Siesta hope your doing ok chugging along with the rest of us.

Wood, Glimer, Greensleeves, Blonde and Liz wishing you and everyone else in the January class a wonderful weekend.

DEE hope you also enjoy your time this weekend

Loves ya all

xxx
Old 02-22-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Dorris - have a great day everyone

D
Old 02-22-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

good morning class..day 6 today

serenityforme: i made it 27 days and then failed. just try to get right back on that wagon. it's funny - i broke on a saturday and it made me feel like it was ok to have some more on sunday. that's what happens, we slowly say to ourselves, "well, i broke so I'll just have some for a few more days and then get back on." next thing we know, it's 3 months later. i've found that if/when i have slipped it's the next day that's the biggest key. sounds like you made that. keep plugging along.