Notices

Class of January 2013 pt 5

Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Sober1ck, it's a really nice touch that you go through and mention all of us by name, even when you're feeling down.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lisamum View Post
Had a fab half term off with the boys. Music therapy, gymnastics and trampolining! I managed to hurtmy hip playing silly sods! Running and jumping into big pit full of foam blocks and attempting seat drops on the trampoline. The kids had fun too! Lol! Had a great laugh and all the other mums and dads joined in the kids thought it was hilarious. Will explain more later.

I sooooo want to try this
Old 02-26-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Good morning Class

Congrats on 55 days Like2Hike
Sober1ck: I am sorry you are in low spirits. Please hang in there it will get better , early sobriety is notorious for being a rollercoaster
Hey guys, I saw on another thread that Scott has 50 days today! Right on.
Not much going on in my corner of the world. I started a gratitude list so if the AV start their nonsense again, I can just scare the beast away with it.

Wishing everyone a good and sober day.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

One less boy in the group, I think!

I must have a self destruct button. I went to the supermarket this afternoon to buy a bottle of wine and I stood there and I heard myself say out loud "Go home now...go home now...go home now". And I actually did go home empty handed (hurrah). But 2 hours later I went back again and bought a bottle of Chateau-P ape-du-Neuf (I figured I should relapse with something half reasonable!!).

This is my third relapse in the last year. I have spent 8 months sober out of the last 12. When am I going to "get it"?

Puleeeeeese don't feel any sympathy. I don't deserve it. All I wanted to do here is to say that this relapse happened at least a week ago -- my counsellor was probing me about my motivatiion for giving up and, frankly, I didn't have an appropriate answer. Please be very aware that relapse is a mental sequence, maybe over several days. There are lots of opportunities to take control again but this little boy didn't manage it on this occasion. When things get big on me, I just cant cut it on my own.

I am rather hoping that tomorrow will be another day 1 for me.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bounced View Post
I am rather hoping that tomorrow will be another day 1 for me.
Unfortunately it's also another Day 1 for me tomorrow too. I just can't get along with my kids without something to reduce the tension, so I drank a bit on Friday, then moderately through the weekend and then a little last night and then definitely not tonight. The funny thing is the kids get some hope going and there is progress being made. And each time I return to being a non-drinker it is a little more rewarding and a little easier. At least this last weekend I was never drunk or dangerous or embarrassing.

I know I'm a weird case and don't want to set a bad example for anyone - like Bounced I'm not looking forward to sympathy, just happy that I can come back here with an intention of getting to where I know the best place is - simply enjoying life without the cycles of misery (and expense) that the alcohol ultimately puts me in. I admit there are just too many cases where I simply can't control it.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Bounced I could cry for you, I have thought of you a lot today and wished your day 75 would hurry and you would be back home in Italy.

That bottle sure do sound nice 'Chateau-P ape-du-Neuf', it's a shame there is no posh way of pronouncing a Hang Over and I do hope you don't punish yourself, it's done now need to move on from it.

Please post and let us know how your feeling in the morning

xxx
Old 02-26-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

hey everyone. just a quick hello from me. Quite honestly, i'm real cranky. I don't really want a drink, but REALLY wanting a cigarette. Had a conversation with the "work crush" in which we agreed things were getting dangerous and we should pull back. Of course I agree and I know it's for the best but i'm still upset by it. There are definitely a lot of complicated feelings involved for me. Also having some problems with my back and hip, went to a new MD this morning which was a total waste of time, couldn't stand the guy so now it's back to square one. Yesterday I slept from 630pm-500am and I'd really like to do the same today. Whine, whine, I know, sorry...
Bounced - hang in there. Keep moving forward. Don't let this mistake become more than it has to be. It doesn't define you, or your recovery.
I'm a girl for those keeping track!

-Alison
Old 02-26-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I've procrastinated all day long. By 8pm I'll just go to bed and start tomorrow fresh. Maybe I'll throw in a load of laundry tonight so I don't feel like the day's been a total waste. At least I didn't run out and drink, thank God.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hey gang its still snowing here, its pretty snow. My mood has been so blah and I have been snappy at my husband, cabin fever I guess....Hang in there bounced and blondesober, its great you came back to SR....Alison, I quit smoking January 1st about 5 weeks in the cravings were getting pretty crazy so I bought a disposable e cigarette(blu). It helped so much of course with the craving, I only puff on it a few times mostly with morning coffee. I hope I never go back to smoking. Well not much going on today just watching the snow fall, hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope there's a day one waiting for you too Bounced. You can make it so
I kept drinking for as long as I could get away with it - and that I'm, ashamed to say was my mindset.

Eventually I couldn't get away with it anymore - I had to lose a heck of a lot of things dear and important to me before I got to that point tho.

Be smarter than me Bounced.

D
Old 02-26-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

It seems like many folks are having a bad day. I feel a bit embarrassed writing happy-happy-happy posts & congratulations day in, day out, especially when others are finding life difficult.

I do feel for all of you; I had many such moments before putting down the wine glass just over a month ago.

I hope good days are ahead for all of us.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lots of people seem to be doing it hard right now, and not just in this thread....

The really good thing about recovery is a bad day is far more likely to stay just a bad day and not turn into a bad week

Hope tomorrow is a better day for those struggling, no matter what the struggle is
Old 02-26-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

LizG, you should not be embarrassed for happy happy post, I love reading happy post especially if I'm having a hard day. Dee like always,I love your words of wisdom they help so much! Off to eat some delicious chili on this snowy evening. I was waiting for my bowl to cool and thought I would peck into class real quick ..chow
Old 02-26-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Just wanted to drop by and give you two Bounced and Blondsober that card. Hang in there and stay with us.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Didn't mean to leave you out blondsober - chaotic morning.

Can you think of better healthier ways to reduce the tension and improve your relationship with your kids?

D
Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I just finished watching the new movie Smashed which is about a young woman who becomes sober in AA.
It was very funny yet a little bittersweet. PM me if you want the link.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
I just finished watching the new movie Smashed which is about a young woman who becomes sober in AA.
It was very funny yet a little bittersweet. PM me if you want the link.
I read the book a few years ago, It was good! Another good book is' Dry' by Augusten Burroughs and 'A Peice of cake' by Cupcake Brown they are fantastic books.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

I might have read Smashed, can't remember, but will look for the movie. Definitely read Dry by Augusten Burroughs a few times. He's one of my favorite writers. Highly recommend his books. Very "dry" sense of humor.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...13-pt-6-a.html

D