Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 8

Old 01-10-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So that went over like a lead balloon. For Grace not to know what to say says a lot.

I'm gonna blame it on my dad...he's the one that sent it to me in an email.

Flatulence jokes have always been big in my family, thanks to dear ol' Mom, may she rest in peace.

Slim
Old 01-10-2013, 11:56 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hello lovelies, sorry for not checking in ... I went on hols, then quiet mode, then hidey mode!

I went to Wales with my boyfriend, travelling there via Shrewsbury and travelling back via Chester which is a great city but someone did fart in the lift in the car park (wasn't me!). luckily they weren't in a Ka at the time.

Things are easier at the mo I guess. Back to average craving/AV control which as you know is no small task but its concrete and tangible for dealing with.

One of the things I was experiencing to the extreme before and over Xmas was a lack of pleasure or interest in anything at all - food, tv, visiting places, exercise, shopping. I was always drunk when watching tv or movies (often I think I haven't seen something before haha!) so I get that bit but when I want some basic relief from horrible feelings its not easy. It's a bit better now though. Working on it.

Got my yaktraks to put on my trainers for being able to run in the snow at the weekend as is forecast!

Big hugs to you all for do so well. Steve, Please do monitor your own levels of fatigue too and don't take on too much xxx

Yes, 141 days complete and it tells me that's 38.6 per cent. Around 4 months I honestly thought I was going to have lost by now. Instead yesterday I lost a bag of spinach. I was in town, bought three things from the supermarket including spinach for the guinea pigs, put them in my bag and when i got home no spinach and some very angry guineas! Where did it go?!

Take care and stay strong xxx
Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've not got much time to comment on anything this week, Slim

D
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning my August friends.

After it freezing last night I was woken up by the sound of the rain lashing it against the bedroom window pain! ( ooh that rhymes).
I'm going out in a few minutes to pick my Mum up to take her grocery shopping, hopefully Dad is staying home with my brother so it will give her a bit of a break from him, which I think she needs. I'm trying to find a good mobile hairdresser for her so she can have her hair done at home when my brother goes back as Dad can't be left on his own for more than half an hour.

What you trying to say Slim?

Apple it's lovely to see you back, you were missed. You went home via Chester and Shrewsbury, you should have popped in for a cup of tea, I'm only down the road from there, well about half an hour away. Chester is beautiful.
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, that feeling of malaise, I suppose you could call it, can happen whether we're drinkers or not and sometimes it can be hard to snap out of it and get motivated. Have you spoken to your G.P at all about it, it could well be a bit of depression?
Those YakTraks, well my Mum has bought me a pound shop version to attach to my shoes when it snows so I don't slip, didn't think to get herself a pair though or my Dad for when she's dragging him round.
You lost a bag of spinach ha ha, a couple of years ago I bought a cooked chicken and when I got home I couldn't find it anyway, so presumed I'd put the carrier bag down somewhere and lost it. About three weeks later there was the most horrendous smell in my car and after a bit of investigation the chicken was found under the passenger seat!!
That was back in my foggy head days.

Hi Dee, you have a good night.

See you all later

Stay safe and sober

Just for today: I will be happy. Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hello everyone,

Glad to see we are chugging along on the sober train, woo woo!!

is more like it, though today is calm and serene.

I live right near a town called Shrewsbury also. We copied it off you Englanders.

Coffee commitment tonight. Supposed to start on my step writing but my sponsor is having gall bladder issues so may have to wait, which is fine by me.
Sent the B some money in rehab, so probably won't hear much from her for awhile .

Have a good one , bbl
Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Originally Posted by stairs View Post
I live right near a town called Shrewsbury also. We copied it off you Englanders.
Or more accurately it was established by Englanders, in the 1700's.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Day 36 nearly done as I need my bed soon....Gotta be up at 04.30am so that I can walk the dog before I set off to work for my 12 hour shift...I'm working Saturday and Sunday but at least this time it's days...I ain't got nights till Tuesday and Wednesday....Hope everyone is well.....Steve...
Old 01-11-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

HI all, it's very late, past midnight and I'm off to my bed very shortly. It's been my usual manic Friday and I'm flagging now.
It's been a bit quiet here today and I'm hoping everyone is okay and I wish our missing members would come and post, you know who you are.

Right Stairs, I can relate to that, give them some money and you don't hear from them for a few days, or should I say until they're skint again?
Are you still househunting?
Well you know more than me, I didn't know Shrewsbury was established in the 1700's.

That's an early start Steve, roll on the light mornings, bet the dog won't know what's hit him at that time of morning. Take care.

See you some time tomorrow.

Sleep well
Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Grace,

My Shrewsbury was established in the 1700's, I imagine your Shrewsbury is a bit older.

Went to my group and it was wonderfully well attended and then stopped by McD's for Sweetie afterward. Now it's 9:38 pm and I am hungry but nothing I want here. My scales said a bad thing to me and I am determined to get exercising and cut back on the comfort food. I plan to start a yoga class in Feb since it's a pay by the month thing and already missed 2 Jan. classes.

Hope all is well.

Night all.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

HOT HOT HOT ..... it is stinking hot here.
It has been a lovely camping trip .... albeit challenging at times.
Being the first one out of bed every morning different.
Playing traditional family drinking games whilst sipping camomile tea... hysterical.
Typing on my phone for these posts arrggll
.High winds forecast for tonight. Hope the tent surives one more night
Cheers
Jodie
Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Day 37 just starting....Off to work so catch you guys later....Steve...
Old 01-12-2013, 01:25 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hope it goes well Steve! And hope its not too cold.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Grace and stairs, do you pronounce your shewsbury, shrow or shrew? I mix it up a little to be to be difficult. Grace! I did wave when I was in Chester town centre but I wasn't high up on the old town wall so you probably didn't see

LSC hello -you're doing so well with all the kids and the social stuff. I love hearing how you do it.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hello, everyone. Just a drive-by for me, as I'm getting ready for work. Everything's going OK here, even though I didn't sleep very well last night. But then, I think of Steve, and what do I have to complain about? Have great days, friends.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

15.10 Saturday and it's soooo cold

Nothing exciting to report, I took some stuff to the local charity shop earlier and our boy spotted a pink pushchair so that was it! He is now running round in 'Charlie and Lola' lilac slippers, his cousins, and the pushchair with a toy cat and an action man sat in it. No worries, he's happy so I'm happy!

I did think that last nigh after I'd posted Slim, I'm such a dimwit at times, honestly.
I'd love to do yoga, but can't find a class with a time that suits, not that there is a time that suits being realistic.

Jodie. send us some of that sun please, right now, please. Sounds like you're having a fab time and good for you, you deserve it. Be careful in those winds.

Don't work too hard Steve. Hope you've got your coat with you.

Apple, I believe the people who live in our Shrewsbury pronounce it Shrow.
Oh so that was you waving was it, didn't have my specs on so I couldn't tell!

Hi Nuway, good to see you still here, still posting. I couldn't get to sleep last night either, but hey, you're right.

See you again later

Just for today: I will adjust myself to what is and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will Take my *luck* as it comes, and fit myself into it
Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hey guys, just posting off my phone again, still got an hour and a half at work then it's home time..Then it's a quick walk for the dog, food for me and then back to bed as I got a repeat of today tomorrow...Hope everyone is well...Take care....Steve....
Old 01-12-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Drinking is like a merry go round
and will only stop when I stop
putting 20 cents in.' anon

Hey Nuway!

Old 01-12-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

23.00 Saturday

Hi August tribe

It's been a bit quiet here today. I hope you're all okay.

Steve, why is that the last hour in work is always the longest? Hope you're still enjoying it, I bet your children are missing you and the dog too.

Love your post Apple.

See you tomorrow

Sleep well.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi everyone,

Jodie, so glad for you that your camping trip is a success in the non drinking department!

Sounds like fun with the g-son, Grace!

Apple, I like your quote and we say Shrewsbury, like ewwwsbury lol. It's a charming little historic town, well a borough really, I had to look it up when you mentioned it . I have been to a meeting there but it was a day I had forgotten Sweetie got out early from school so didn't actually get to go. I did get to browse a really cool antique shop though.

Nuway, nice to see you.

Steve, whew, that sounds tough.

Miss New York just won the Miss America pageant.

Today I spent some time at my sponsors then we went and had burgers and over to her sponsor's house, where we had a small meeting with 4 of us altogether. It was really nice.

It's supposed to be up around 60F here tomorrow, I may even hang sheets out.

Nite
Old 01-13-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi guys. What a long two weeks this has been for us. A quick update on Cole is that he is partially discharged from the hospital. He comes home from 3:00pm-9:00am. We will know tomorrow if he will be discharged completely from inpatient or headed back in. Last night was a bit rough but nothing super bad. I have to say though, I am not sleeping worth a darn when he's here. As bad as it sounds, I slept so well when he was in the hospital but the past few nights since he's been home I'm waking up all the time and just can't rest.

I haven't made it to many meetings this week or last either. I am missing my coffee commitment today because I have to take Cole back to the hospital. I'm bummed out but on the bright side, I do get to spend the day with Alex. We are going to go to a museum and for a run. She doesn't want to run but oh well! I'm really looking forward to the museum.

I'm so glad to see that we are all hanging in there and sober. Is anyone else having dreams about drinking? Last week I had a few dreams that seemed so real. I can even tell you what I was drinking and how much. I woke up feeling like it actually happened. It wasn't a good feeling at all. I wish I had some control over it.

Off to slurp some coffee and then exercise a bit before the kids get up. Have a great sober day guys.