Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 8

Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

The wind has won for now. Both tents down. All kids in cars. No idea whete my thermos is, or my shoes . No fires here. Just wind. Just waitingfor daylight. 4:12am
Old 01-08-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Thermos found. Slurpping 4:38am Wed. At least I am sober and able to deal with the situation. Last year I would have been smashed
Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Jodie:

Are you having fun yet?

Hope this is a short glitch and the rest of the trip is brilliant.

Slim
Old 01-08-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 33 done...Training for new job went well and tomorrow night I start my first shift...18.00 till 07.00,it's a huge site that I gotta look after as it's set in 70 acres of grounds....I think the hardest bit will be staying awake as I haven't worked night shifts for years....Anyways I'm off to bed....Take care....Steve...
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to every single camping trip I've ever been on Jodie...either wind or rain every time.

Glad you're all ok and that there's no fires about...(NSW is about 300 thousand miles² of territory for the non Aussie guys )

D
Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

10.05 Wed, damp and thick fog.

Good morning Augustian family

I didn't enjoy driving into work this morning, the traffic was very heavy and the fog is really thick, not good, anyway I got here in one piece so all is well.
I had a good nights sleep last night and that's always a bonus but the trigger finger is still playing up.

Jodie, it sounds like an adventure and one you will be able to remember. Just stay safe.

Hi Slim, you have yourself a good day.

It all sounds good Steve, I'm sure you'll soon get into the routine. What are you going to do about the gym? Make sure you eat properly too and get the sleep you need.

Ha ha Dee, typical camping weather.

Off to do some work now but I'll be back

Stay safe and sober

JUST FOR TODAY, I will gather the courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions
Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 34....Looking forward to work tonight and went out and spent lots of money on getting new work wear.....Grace I'm still gonna hit the gym but maybe cut it down to 3 times a week instead of every other day....Take care....Steve....
Old 01-09-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'll let a picture be my voice today.

Hope it brought some smiles. Laughter is a good thing.

Slim
Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Quick post while I'm on break

Enjoy work tonight Steve

Slim, I can't view your pic in work so I'll have a look later when I'm at home.

Hi Dee

See you later, enjoy the rest of your day/night.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Helloooooo,

Jodie that sounds like a great adventure!

Slim, haha gross.

Grace, yes I think our twenty somethings are twins.

Steve, pretty impressive!

Everyone else, hellooooooo!

Things are good, same old same old really, punctuated by some highs and lows, today I went looking for boots and got bored with it after trying on five pair, went to the bookstore and happier with my new book, Dean Koontz "77 Shadow Street". I hit a morning meeting so am in for the night.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

I was just reading another thread and noticed your avatar Dee!!

LOLOL!! "Let it Mup". Hahahaha!!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL my avatars are often 'slow burners' Stairs

D
Old 01-09-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Having a relaxing time. Slept like a baby last night. I am surprised how relativ
ely easy it has been not to drink with family. It has been great catching up with young and nd older nieces and nephews. Looks like it is going to be a nice day.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey guys, it's midnight here so today is day 35, I'm 5 hours into my 12 hour night shift and I'm all good..My little portakabin is nice and warm even though it is freezing outside..I'm so glad I spent so much time getting my body used to cold weather cos it's certainly paying off now . Getting a little tired now but I've still got 7 hours to go, I have to check in with control every hour and I have to do patrols every hour so that'll keep me awake. Hope everyone is well...Take care....Steve...
Old 01-09-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Steve. Shift work isn't easy, but you are young and strong. Glad your body is accommodated to the cold. I'm so happy for you I could bust! 35 days--you rock!

Jodie, good to hear from you. I have to confess, I've been worried about you, what with the heat and fires and all. So good to know you're safe and all right.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

09.00 Thur

Good morning August friends

I hope you're all good and well. I did get some sleep last night, but not a restful one for some reason, just kept having wierd dreams and then waking up and just being generally restless, but I don't feel too tired all things considered.
Last work day this week for me, then the real work begins, children and parents!

Slim, I didn't get chance to check in last night so I've still not seen your pic and I can't wait now after reading Stairs' comment!

Hi Stairs, lovely to see you as always, we don't hear from you so much these days, but I'm guesssing it's down to having a busy life.
Why, what's your twin done now? Perhaps she's missing her brother, shall I post him over?
Dean Koontz, one of my colleagues has given me one of his books to read, but I can't for the life of me think what it's called. It's not the one you've bought though.

Dee, ha ha, I've just noticed your Avatar now. Good one.

Jodie, it sounds like your having a really good time and you sound 'chilled out' too. Good for you, you deserve it.

Steve, I bet you're all curled up warm and asleep in bed now. Sounds like your enjoying your job, though I don't envy you a night shift or the cold. Takes some adjusting to your body clock working shifts, so keep HALT in mind. Now your working does this means you have to let your wife have access to your kitchen? Lol.

Hi Nuway, it's always lovely to see you posting. I'm hoping all is well with you and you're staying focused, though I'm sure you are. Have a good day.

See you all later, work is calling.

Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appal me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Wow three quarters through day 35 and I'm so so tired....I was awake for 26 hours and I only managed to get three hours sleep this morning when I got home...It's gonna take my body some serious adjusting...Most weeks I'll be working two 7 till 7 night shifts and two 7 till 7 day shifts...In between that I need to fit in sleep,eating and hitting the gym....I tried eating at work last night but my stomach would not work after 1am and It made me feel sick.....Like I said it's gonna take time to adjust.....And yes Grace I have had to hand over the kitchen to the wife as she has to deal with the kids food,I'm still waiting for her to make me food but I guess I'll have to wait till pigs learn how to fly!!!....In 8 years of marriage she has only cooked for me once and that was a disaster lol....She really ain't to hot in the kitchen....Any ways,gotta go as my boy gotta go to his karate lesson....Take care....Steve...
Old 01-10-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like some bug adjustment Steve - do you have to work 26 hours straight or was that your call?

D
Old 01-10-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey, Slim, all I can say about your photo is,

DON'T OPEN THAT CAR DOOR!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi all

Just popping in before I go to bed. It has gone really cold here tonight, freezing. It's forecast to snow next week, yuk.
I joined the slimming class tonight that I wanted to join last week, but didn't because my friend was ill. Well, I'm officially a chubster so no more eating rubbish for me, all good healthy food from now on.

Wow, Steve, your body clock is really going to have to do some adjusting, don't be surprised if you have an upset stomach for a while, it's very common with shift workers until they become accustomed to the eating at strange hours etc. Keep remembering HALT.

Nuway, I love your new Avatar, very cheeky.

Slim, I've just seen your photo and I just don't know what to say, lol, apart from I'm glad I don't have to drive it.

See you tomorrow.

Sleep well.