Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 8

Old 01-15-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi all and goodnight

Steve are you okay? I guess you're catching up on some sleep.

See you all tomorrow sometime.

Sleep well Augustian family

xxxx
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nuway and slim - I'm very sorry for your losses.

g'night Grace

D
Old 01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee.

Slim, so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you, too.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:51 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Congratulations on sooo many days sobriety, by the way JohnnyOne!

Steve, I hope you are ok - just manically busy. X

well, I left the house yesterday evening. It's quite a big deal because I don't like evenings - I have some weird allergy to them. I think it stems from so many years being physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted for a variety of reasons, I came to see evenings as the only opportunity to be safe and alone and to sleep. Of course, they then also became the prime opportunity to drink. That would make me leave my place, until I realised I could drink at home!

But now, it took a while but I'm finally recovering from that adrenal stress and I'm sleeping more like a human so I'm running out of excuses to hide in the evenings any more. So I joined a running club. I like running and I quite like people.

So I was out yesterday evening and it was good. After a good run I always get very cold even in warm rooms but last night it was minus five here and I lost my house key! I became alarmingly cold very quickly so even though I was craving quite badly (hmm out in the evening?) I had to go sit in a pub. I didn't drink though which was good.

It just makes me very grateful Im not currently homeless. I'm incredibly lucky.

Hugs to Nuway and slim for your losses.

Take care all and stay tough xxx
Old 01-16-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

A pretty good day here.... my bike is back on the road ... the girls and I rode to the beach today (for the first time ever) .. I ran ... I swam and rode home

Still dealing with emotional stuff ... but feel a lot better after getting active today.

Read the book "Diary of an Alcoholic Housewife" while camping which I found and enjoyable and pretty applicable.

Looking forward to reading "Drinking A love Story" which arrived today.

I haven't read a book for ages.

Cheers everyone
Jodie
Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you Jodie

D
Old 01-16-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Still here and still sober on day 41...Work is really eating into all my time at the moment and I don't have enough hours in the day to sleep,eat,go to the gym and even my dog is suffering,he used to get walked for 3 hours a day and today he has only had 45 minutes...After spending the last 5 years unemployed,I'm really struggling to adjusting to a 60 hour work week....I managed to hit the gym on Monday but it's not enough as I don't want to waste all the hard work I have done in building myself up....I'm really struggling to eat when I'm at work on a night time,it's like my stomach just shuts down....Oh well,I guess I should stop complaining,at least I have a job.....Take care....Steve...
Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey Steve, 60 hours working week is a lot for anyone. Sobriety, dog, family, gym, job, rest and headspace hmmm all important things. So it sounds like some reshuffling and compromise might need to be done somewhere. But don't let it be your sobriety. Your sobriety ain't budging!

Please look after yourself and monitor your stress levels xxx
Old 01-16-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi everyone,

Things are okay. My SO is sick with some kind of flu-ish thing, and then B called this morning sick also and her bf is away, so I went and got her, brought her back here and she is upstairs hopefully sleeping.

I am just tired out from the last few days. Being with B tires me out because I have a sort of hyper vigilance going on there. Yesterday I took her to an appt, to get her paycheck, to the bank, to the grocery store. Dropped her at her apt and now she's back. She can't stand being alone and as long as she is behaving she is welcome here. Yawn.

Condolences to Nuway, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. And you too Slim.

Stevie, whew I admire you. I pray that they put you on a regular shift soon.

Apple, congrats! I am thankful too to have a warm home. It dropped back down into the thirties here.

Grace, hi!

And hi to everyone else. Ttyl.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

...and hi Jodie! Hang in there. I love to read.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Here I am again, 6 hours into my night shift and I'm posting off my phone again...Really cold tonight and my pitch thermometer is reading minus 9 degrees Celsius...Its warm whilst I'm in my portakabin but I have to patrol every hour and that's when it gets cold...Still struggling to eat much on night shift but I suppose my body will get used to it....Our class seems very quite at the moment, I hope everyone is ok....Take care....Steve.....
Old 01-17-2013, 01:30 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

09.10 Thur

Good morning all, I'm home alone for a couple of hours so just quickly catching up on a few posts and then nipping into town. So exciting to be able to have a look round without a three year old in tow.

Nuway, I'm thinking of you lots. Be kind to yourself. Stay strong during this difficult time.

Apple you did so well to go out in the evening, that really is progress and you enjoyed it too by the sound of things, so better still. The running should help boost your morale too, so keep it up.

Jodie, I love reading too, I've read 'Alcohol a love story, and I could totally relate to lots in it, I think you'll enjoy it, I've not read the alcoholic housewife one, who wrote that? That could be interesting. You're sounding very positive, even with the emotional stuff, you are really strong.

Hi Dee, I hope all is well and happy with you and yours.

Steve, that's a lot of hours, you have a lot on your plate with those hours and your FAmily life. I thought the eating bit too, would be a bit of a problem, but no doubt your body will adjust. Stay focused, life can be such a challenge.
It is quiet here Steve, quite a few of us are missing, I hope it isn't the quiet before the storm! Have you had snow yet? It's forecast to be heavy here tomorrow.
Stairs, no wonder your tired and I hope you don't catch that bug, virus, flu or whatever. I know where you're coming from with B, I'm exactly the same with her twin, but we can't let it grind us down! Try and get some time out for yourself.

Slim, I'm thinking of you.

See you later, I need to dash

Stay safe and sober
Just for today: I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, keep my voice low,be courteous,criticize not one bit. I won’t find fault with anything, nor try to improve or regulate anybody else but myself.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hello, it's quiet here still, I'll call back later. Have a good day you lot. xxx
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi grace how's the finger now?

You and Steve take care driving tomorrow with the snow! X
Old 01-17-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi again. my goodness how quiet is it here, are you all snowed in or something?

Saying that, it's snowing like mad now outside, glad I'm not up at 06.30 tomorrow morning.
I went to my fat class tonight and I've lost 3lbs in my first week, so I'm quite happy with that.

Apple, my finger is still there thanks, lol. No actually it is still exactly the same, maybe a bit worse. The Doctor gave me anti inflammatory gel to rub in but it's not made the slightest bit of difference and to be honest I don't see how it could if it's my tendons that's affected! I'll mention it again when I go back in a few weeks, unless it drops off before then.
You be careful too, don't want you slipping and hurting yourself.

See you tomorrow

Sleep well.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Posting from my phone from the local pool.
The car is still off the road, so we are our bikes, the girls and I and loving it.
I kinda think I know what our next big layby will be.... 3 X mountainbikes and a bike rack for off road.
Enjoy the snow. It is beautiful here.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Wow sounds great LSC

Your poor finger Grace.

Hello everybody. If we havent seen you in a while i hope you are working through things in your own way.

Today I'm grateful for:
Not going and getting booze last night
Having the insight, sobriety and capacity to realise I need to actively do more about my mood and stop isolating myself.
A roof over my head.
People who care ... And people who don't.
The dawn that rises over the strange industrial wasteland next to our house.
My cats
The fact that right now I have my basic needs met

Stay sober all. I'm going swimming now too Jodie xxx
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hey congrats on the 3pounds grace
Old 01-18-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 43 done...Just got in from work....Off to bed as I have work again in 6 hours time......Steve....
Old 01-18-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi all, it's been snowing thick and fast here today. The schools were closed so I've had the three terrors since lunch time. We all got wrapped up in our winter woollies, hats, scarves and gloves and built a snowman in the back garden. Not bad going for me with not liking the cold. We had fun anyway, a day to remember.

Jodie, you really are sounding like you are enjoying life at the moment. 3 mountain bikes would be such fun. I'd swap you snow for some sun anytime.

Thanks Apple, my finger didn't stop me building a snowman and throwing a few snowballs! I just hope the weight loss continues, I want to be a skinny Minnie again by summer. I like your 'grats' list, do you post on the gratitude threads, I find them quite helpful?

Hope you get some quality sleep Steve. Take care, keep warm.

See you tomorrow

Sleep well.