Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 4"... Come & encourage them!

Old 12-31-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

"30 Days and Under Part 4"... Come & encourage them!

we continue from here :

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-them-20.htmlD
Old 12-31-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 26 just starting for me.....Woke up hangover free on New Years day for the first time in 20 years....Feels foooookin fantastic....To everyone else who stayed sober,WE ROCK...To anyone that slipped,Get back on the horse.....New Year New start.....Keep up the good work guys......Steve....
Old 01-01-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi stevie

Day 25 for me.getting through Christmas &New Year sober has really given me confidence.If we can get through difficult hols we can do this!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Under 30-ies. Happy New Year!

What a great feeling to wake up without hangover and welcome a new day with a clear head)

Stevie - yes, we rock)

ReadyAtLast - welcome to the thread!

See you all later, have a great day)
Old 01-01-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

THanks Midnight
Old 01-01-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy New Year all! We had a nice quiet evening at home. Sparkling lemon, pomegranate spritzers for the kids and I, and a dance competition on the kid's new Just Dance Xbox game. I even got my teenage son and husband to get up and give it a try, not their thing but they had fun. I really enjoyed myself last night after a real bad day at work. Finding new ways to de-stress this year is off to a good start.

Midnight - thanks for that beautiful poem. It gave me a little tear. I love your poetry, it is always so heartfelt.

Grace - I hope your getting more rest and things are steadying out with your Dad. You are supportive daughter, that must make your parents very proud.

Happy New Year to everyone else. I appreciate all who post here and I wish you a sober new year filled with peace, health and happiness.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats

1110am 1 Jan 13. -9c and sunny.

Congratulations every for a making it into the New Year withought a drink. I was in bed by 1100pm as I have never celebrated NY so it was an easy one for me. Spent the evening watching "Spooks", or if you from U.S. "MI5". One of the best spy thriller series I have ever seen. Every episode is explosive.

I just thought I would mention this but in Canada we don't sell booze in a grocery stores etc so it's never in your face. You have to specifically go to a "Licquor Control Board of Ontario" store to buy. Out of sight, out of mind.

Congrats again and Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Gob Bless all of you. I discussed my disease with my wife in a serious manner, and I am going to make this work. Lets be sober in 2013.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi everyone...Been away for a few days..

My Father passed away peacefully on December 30th. I did not drink and saw hime everyday of the past week. I am extremely grateful that you all have provided support. I am more convinced than ever to stay away from alcohol.

It is nice to have the support here....

WWG...glad to see you back and posting.
WhoDey...welcome to the group..You will find lots of support here.
Grace and Midnight...Good to see you here.

Jim
Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jim, I am so sorry for you loss. You did so well being there with him and for him and maintaining your sobriety. May he rest in peace.

Love,

Ro
Old 01-01-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks rochele...

Jim
Old 01-01-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Jim, my condolence. I'm so glad you had that time with him. That comfort will stay with you for years and years. You did great. Peace and happy new year.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sorry not to reply to each of you right now but i am reading all of you!

Jim: My condolences to you and your family on the death of your father, but you are sober and that shows what an extraordinary son you are. Very proud of you and I am sure your family is also. You have come so far from your initial struggles!

Wifi and Grace: Having to stay sober when such serious things are happening is worth the emotional pain you must feel but it is very difficult. I admire you.

Midnight: thank you for your kind words and beautiful poem. You are a very warm person also.

Harley: I too was not a big NY eve fan but I always drank at home alone just like every other night. The alcohol used to help me pretend I was not alone. Imagine. By the way, not all of the states allow liquor sales in grocery stores. My state does not but I find it bizarre when I travel to a state that does. However in the states that do it is beer and wine only I believe. I was a hard liquor vodka drinker.

I am sorry not to write more individually right now but want you all to know how VERY proud I am of you. I will have 11 months sobriety soon and I can tell you without a doubt it gets easier each month. The rewards get greater. And the time which inched by is starting to go by more normally now. Yes, I still deal with how to live with this new identity as a non drinker but at least I don't question the identity.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Jim, my condolences on the loss of your father. I don't know the right words to say. You are in my thoughts on this difficult time.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Jim - So sorry about your Dad. My thoughts are with you. I'm happy you had those final days with him clear headed. You should be proud. Take care of yourself.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Happy new year to all at SR. Had a quiet,peaceful new years eve. In bed early after watching some old movies. I'm coming up on 1 month this Saturday,and I'm feeling better. Still early in my recovery,but determined to stick with it this time around. Hope everyone has a blessed,sober, happy new year.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Jim:

Please accept my sympathy for the loss of your father.

Excellent that you were sober and there for him in his final days.

May time soothe your grief and sorrow, so that you can treasure precious memories with joyfulness.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Jim,I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
Old 01-01-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Jim.

D
Old 01-01-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss jim....Stay strong mate...