Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 4"... Come & encourage them!

Old 01-05-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, under 30-ies. I've been busy today, so a quick check-in.

Stevie - congrats on 30 days!

WiFi - your sponsor isn't the only one who sees the changes) I can see these changes by your posts - you sound so much more positive and confident! Keep it up.

BigBlue - welcome!

And my best wishes to all!

Have a great day)
Old 01-05-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

22.45 Sat

Good evening Under 30's, I'm just popping in to see how it's going over the week end.

June, you're doing so well, you're right it does get better and the longer we stay sober, the less we think about drinking. The profits in our local supermarket must have fallen dramatically since I stopped buying the 3 for 2 offers, I bet the check out girls wonder what is going on!

Welcome Courage, it's good to have you here with us and 19 days is huge, almost three weeks! My advice to you is the same as I always give, take it one day at a time, or even one day at a time, be kind to yourself and drink loads of water, eat as well as you can, rest when you need to and try and get some exercise in even if it's only a brisk walk. You're not alone here, we're all right here with you. Remember, falling down isn't failing, staying down is failing!

Alice, I love your idea of keeping a list, that is really good and something that I haven't done, but I am going to give it a go. We could all beat ourselves up about the past, but what's the point on dwelling on something we can't do anything about, we have to live for today. Have you read my little 'saying' at the bottom of my signature?

Steve, I'm really proud of you. Day 30! Wow and you know those Banana boys will want to come and do a bit of a show now just for you! These boys are good, I think I've told you before, they were trained by the lovely E.Q.

Hi WWG, good to see you posting.

E.Q enjoy your weekend, we'll look forward to hearing about it on your return. Have a safe journey.xxx

Welcome Bigblue, you've done the best thing joining us here, you'll get loads of support and make some good friends. 20 days is amazing and you're lucky to have the support of your g.friend. Keep reading and posting, you can do it.

Wifi, you're doing great and you are always positive and cheerful. Keep on going and stick close. Look after yourself and Mrs Wifi.

Hi Kitkat, I hope all is well with you, lovely to see you posting here.

Midnight, great minds think alike re our Wifi! xxx

See you tomorrow

Sleep well
Old 01-05-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Junebugapril View Post
And I remember buying six bottles at a time, and wondering what the check out woman thought of me. I wondered whether she thought I was having a party, or that I was a drunk.
Oh wow that strikes a cord haha! I have 9 bottle shops I used to alternate from in order to not appear at the same one like a regular (I remember cringing when I heard a lady being served before me get told by the clerk "Don't worry, I know you come in here all the time" in reference to her discount card). 6 are on the way home from work and in different suburbs and 2 are on the other side of work from my home. 1 is at the entrance to my local supermarket, so I both hated going there and went there often as it's the closest. I used to secretly hope that the staff (who I recognised and I'm sure who recognised me) could see me walk past on the days I was just going to the shop so that they could see that I wasn't "an alcoholic" cause I wasn't going in that day But yeah, I always wondered "Maybe they think I'm having lots of parties and everyone just drinks the same thing..."

Little Nina - Hey again Finding acceptance in a community is something I've not had before SR. As a closet drunk the only people who know are the ones I hurt (family, partner) and so they 'accept me' and love me, but it's not like here where people actually understand me, and not just accept me unconditionally. I could go on and on about the frustration of family who think it's easy to "just don't drink" because that's what they do, but I won't lol My partner accepts that it's something he doesn't understand, and awkwardly offers support as best he can, and I love him for it, but it's not the same as being around people who actually understand that 3 days without a drink is a HUGE deal. And 1 week... wow!

Eternal Q - have fun with the family I love things like that.

Way to go Big Blue - 3 weeks tomorrow, a nice mile-stone!

Hello to Wifi, KitKat, Midnight Blue.

Hi Grace, thanks for coming in to say hello. I keep a physical list for my worry list, but the list of things I'm proud about is just a little one I go through in my head at night before going to sleep. I have found it's good to keep things in perspective Otherwise all the shame wins out. I still get things popping into my head like "I'm not proud that I had a pizza for tea" but I push those things away. If it comes back again, I put it in the worry list

PS Seems I'm too emotive, I keep getting told to limit my images LOL
Old 01-06-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 31 just starting.....If I can do it then you guy's can.....Take care....Steve....
Old 01-06-2013, 02:17 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Struggling...

Sunday 510am light snow and -1

I remember the first few days here and how I was struggling. But here was Grace, Dee and all the others to give me support. Thanks.

I can stand back now and see days of sobriety ticking away and the improvement in everyone as they post and their conversations become "brighter".

You may not see the headway you are making but I see it loud and clear each and every day. Keep going and don't give up.

Congratulations Stevie on your 30 days. Man you have come a long way!!

C
Old 01-06-2013, 02:20 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hello. More than 2 months less than 3.

Hi Grace and big hi and hug to you. Seems like the advertisers will peddle their stuff anywhere for a buck no matter who they target. I hope you brought it to the attention of the establishment!!

C
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

30 days for me today.Feeling positive and looking forward to the next 30

Thanks to SR and everyone on here-this place is fantastic.

Happy Sober Sunday everyone
Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days Readyatlast......My luck just get's better as this morning I have been offered full time,permanent work for the first time in 5 years.....This is what happens when you give up the booze guys......Steve....
Old 01-06-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

thanks Steve.Congratulations to you too.That's great news-life really does get better
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Well, that is just wonderful, Steve! I hope it helps your resolve and gives you a needed boost. You are doing great and working so hard.

Eq, I hope you are enjoying your family celebration.

Midnight, Grace, Harley, you are all so consistently encouraging and positive. Thank you!

Welcome to Nina and Alice and Big Blue. I hope I am not missing anyone.

Hi June, my friend! You are coasting along beautifully.

Have my son's birthday today. Bowling party, 12 boys. Yikes. Give me strength! LOL. There will be a challenge. Typically that would be a glass or 3 of wine afterwards, lol. Not even tempted as I muse about that now. And now here anyway. Just not an option. Funny(or really not) how as driners we could make any celebration all about us needing a drink. "I need a glass of wine after that. Let's celebrate with a drink, etc..." yeah, like, what about a boy turning 9 requires wine? Duh.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Congrats

Congrats ReadyAtLast..
Old 01-06-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Back on track

Hi, everyone! It is nice to see names I recognize from reading this thread in November and December. I tried to join the January group and have been posting lots there, but there are SO many people on it that I feel like a stranger. And I remember reading the posts of people here and really gaining support from them.

I had told everyone I'd drink through the holidays due to discovering husband's affair and dealing with mom's dementia. I did, and it didn't help. It made me feel sick and angry and get into fights with my husband, brother, and mom's caretaker. But I quit again--I am determined to make this work! It is day 5 (again) for me. I was in a fog the last four days but today I finally feel clear-headed, rested, and alive. I remember this from last time, and it's a feeling I want to hang on to.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Well, that is just wonderful, Steve! I hope it helps your resolve and gives you a needed boost. You are doing great and working so hard.

Eq, I hope you are enjoying your family celebration.

Midnight, Grace, Harley, you are all so consistently encouraging and positive. Thank you!

Welcome to Nina and Alice and Big Blue. I hope I am not missing anyone.

Hi June, my friend! You are coasting along beautifully.

Have my son's birthday today. Bowling party, 12 boys. Yikes. Give me strength! LOL. There will be a challenge. Typically that would be a glass or 3 of wine afterwards, lol. Not even tempted as I muse about that now. And now here anyway. Just not an option. Funny(or really not) how as driners we could make any celebration all about us needing a drink. "I need a glass of wine after that. Let's celebrate with a drink, etc..." yeah, like, what about a boy turning 9 requires wine? Duh.

Have a great day everyone!
Oh, yeah, I get it Rochele! Anything like the stress of a kids' birthday party would be a huge trigger for a drink. Anything I got through in one piece always required a drink to celebrate the victory. Conversely, anything that upset me required a drink. Getting home required a drink. Being ecstatic with joy required a drink. Uhhh.....Was there anything that didn't require a drink?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Gob Bless all of you. I discussed my disease with my wife in a serious manner, and I am going to make this work. Lets be sober in 2013.
That is my aim; after...30+ years of this, I have a life but have missed much of it. May 2013 be the turning point.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, under 30-ies. It's my Christmas Eve today. The holidays seem to be endless)

I see, some great news here)

Stevie - so glad to hear that you've turned down your AV and better luck found you) Congrats on new job. Keep it up)

ReadyAtLast - congratulations on 30 days!!! Way to go!

HarleyDad - Hi to you! We seem to have the same weather)

Rochele - Lol. "as driners we could make any celebration all about us needing a drink. "I need a glass of wine after that. Let's celebrate with a drink, etc..." You know we have an old movie where one of the characters was a drunker, and all the way he was dragging with him a pocket calendar. So everyday he looked at the calendar, found some reason to celebrate like Bastille day or something like that, and had a drink)

Safeandsound, Pamel - welcome to the thread!

And my best wishes to all the under 30-ies.

Have a great sober day)
Old 01-06-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Back to work tomorrow :(

430pm it's about 2c and mixed precip. Supposed to wrm up as the week goes on up to 6c by Thursday. Very unseasonable.

Hi Midnight, you are one of my guiding lights as well. You do "sound" much chipper these days with all the crap you went through. So thank you as well, I enjoy reading your posts. I think you and I are within a few days of each other.

To all: keep up the good fight!!

C
Old 01-06-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Having a sober sunday watching football. My next goal is to get in shape, but hard to get my butt in gear.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi all!!!

Welcome to the new folks!!!

Big shout out to everyone else...

Another sober Sunday...

I'll check in again when I have more time... I hope everyone has a safe and sober day!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

01.55 Monday

Morning Unders

Yes, I know the time, I've been to bed and now I'm up again because I can't sleep so I thought I'd do a bit of posting. Don't know what's going on with the weather here, but it's been very mild and pleasant the last couple of days, just like spring, most unusual for this time of year!

Alice, I laughed to myself when I read your post, I used to alternate shops too, just so the shop assistants wouldn't think I was a wino!! Who was I kidding, not them that's for sure! By the way, the gratitude boards here are very good for writing down your achievements, I've started using them nearly every day and they do help.

Steve, you can definitely do it and I am so pleased for you re the job, you wouldn't have got that if you'd been drinking. Well done you, you're a star.

Hi Harley, hugs back(( )) I didn't bring it to the attention of the establishment as the staff who were working there were really young people who probably wouldn't see it as a problem, but I am going to email the head office with a complaint.
I know what you mean about seeing people becoming more confident as there sober days increase, I see it too, it's really good to see people starting to believe in themselves again, makes it all worthwhile.

Readyatlast, massive congrats on 30 days, keep on going because you are winning.

Rochele, I hope the bowling party went well, you're very brave, 12 lads!!! That's so true about celebrating with a glass or three of wine, any excuse would do!

Safeandsound, you're part of the family here, no need to feel strange, we all in the same boat, all here for the same reason. I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad time with your husband and your Mum, my Dad has very recently been diagnosed with Dementia and previously that would have been a trigger to set me off on the wine, but you're right it doesn't help, it doesn't make the problems go away. You can do this, do it for you, keep reading and posting and stay close. You're not alone here.

Welcome to the Under 30's Pamel, you'll get lots of support here, so stick with it, you can do it. There's no point in beating yourself up about what you can't change, but you can start turning your life round now and make a difference to today.

Merry sober Christmas M.B and I hope it's a good one for you. xx

That's good news WWG, my next goal is getting into shape too.

Hi Wifi, I hope all is well with you. Much love sent your way.

See you tomorrow, sleep well.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Like I stated above, today was 3 weeks for me. Settled in to watch some football and had a slight craving to crack a beer even though I cleansed the house the first week. So instead of cracking a beer at kickoff I watched the first half of the game on my treadmill! Cravings went away quickly! I will be at 30 days this time next week then I guess I'll have to find another thread to track my progress!