Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 4"... Come & encourage them!

Old 01-03-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

At the end of Day 5
Old 01-03-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Quick Hi again

E.Q that's a really good way of looking at things. The bit at the beginning about holding onto something to stop us falling, is like me holding onto all of you here, you keep me strong.

Alice well done on day five, that's brilliant, nearly a full week so keep going,you can do it.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks EQ.

Welcome Alice! 5 days is great. I found getting past 3, initially,was a big hump.

Well, got my fridge full of good food, now, and exercised last evening. headed for my elliptical soon, before my daughter gets back home. I just sent then to school, and she gets a very early release today for some teacher meetings. She goes in so early, it is practically a day off for her. She was tired yesterday, so it will be good. She can catch up on some studies for a couple of tests without so much time pressure too.

So, rolling along. Trying to NOT dwell on not drinking, or drinking, but to focus on my health and getting things done around the house, etc... I am bored with thinking of drinking one way or another(having it or not having it, etc...) all the time. Just tired of it. Shifting focus.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hello and good am everyone! Was cruising through the forums and found you! I have been posting in the dec group. Hope you don't mind if I join you here also. I have been working. On soberiety since nov 30. But slipped up over the holiday, nothing I'm beating myself up over but a step back none the less, sigh.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Under 30-ies) I hope your AV is quiet and black wolf in starving today)

Junebug - I absolutely agree, drinking messes up with so many aspects of our life and sucks out our energy and health. Great that you are feeling better)

Grace - sorry to hear about your insomnia. You know, when I start reading "Divine Comedy" I fall asleep after two or three pages. Maybe that would work for you too?

Ddrayer - welcome and congrats on the first day!

ReadyAtLast - you definetely will see benefits of health eating and exercising. Our body is kind to us - we abuse it for years, but it recovers in months. Insomnia was a big issue for me, but now my sleeping became much better. 27 days - you are doing great)

AliceTW - welcome! You are heading to the end of the first week, the hardest one. Keep it up! One day at a time)

Rochele - exercising is great remedy to shift from thinking about drinking, and it makes you feel a lot better.

My best wishes to all.

See you later)
Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Tazzle - welcome!

It's great that you are back on the track and on sobriety journey again!

Keep posting here)
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in...

Grace2 - Thanks... Hope your doing well and get more sleep tonight!!!

stevie88 - Keep it going!

EternalQ - Thanks for your words of encouragement... Great post!

Junebugapril - Your doing awesome... Thanks for leading the charge!

ddrayer - Welcome back!!! We are glad you are here with us sober!!!

ReadyAtLast - 28 days!!! AWESOME!!!

AliceTW - Great job on day 5!!!

rochele - It's always good to hear from you!

Tazzle - Good to see you in the under 30 tread... Keep on keepin on!!!

MidnightBlue - Thanks for your continued support!!!

Welcome to the newcomers/lurkers and a big shout out to anyone I may have missed!!!

Have a safe and sober day!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 28 complete....Ain't been feeling my sobriety today,been thinking about booze all day....Going to bed now,hope I feel better tomorrow....Steve....
Old 01-03-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

22.20 Thur

Good evening all, I hope you've had a good Thursday and planning for the upcoming weekend. As we know weekend is a big trigger for many of us, but no excuses now, if we got through Christmas and the New Year festivities we can get through anything. Plan ahead to change your routine for those trigger times, that way you will be prepared. Sometimes, just going for a walk or going to see a movie is all it takes to do the trick.

Rochele, that's what I'm aiming for too, concentrating on healthy eating a bit of exercise.

Hi Tazzle, welcome to the under 30's and well done for coming straight back after your little slip, falling down isn't failing, staying down is failing. You'll get loads of support here, so keep posting, we're all with you.

Midnight, my black wolf is in starving mode today. I hope I get some sleep tonight too, I'm felt sick at one point today because I was so tired. I do lots of reading, I love reading but I've not read 'Devine Comedy' I'll have to look out for that one.

Wifi, good to see you and I hope all is well with you and your family

Stay close Steve, we all know how it feels, but you're strong as you've shown in the past, you know what you need to do. Stick close, eat, keep as busy as possible and stay focused. Your very nearly on one month now, so keep going.

Sleep well Unders, I hope I do.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day 29 just starting....06.00 am and I'm off to the gym.....Steve...
Old 01-04-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hold on today Stevie: try not to let that AV rent space in your head now.

And for anyone else struggling: I was sooo excited to be 30 days sober and the day I finally was, the AV showed up with a vengeance. I was like: Really AV? TODAY??!!

It has no shame, but see here's the catch: it thinks it is dealing with the old you and its not. Just because it shows up, don't automatically think that means you are the person that used to obediently follow it around like a puppy. You are not.

It is a bodiless voice with no arms and no legs and no money and no car and it has ZERO power unless you let it embody you. That's what it wants. But it is NOT you.

I would refuse to go near my car when it screamed at me and if I was home I would get in my pajamas to further decrease its chances of talking me into driving to the store.

It wants to hypnotize you but it can't if you don't let it. Use distraction. Outwit it. Tell it you're not listening just for today. If you do, it stops coming back over time. I had no idea it really would but it does. You won't be in this insane battle forever. Give it no potency. It will go elsewhere if you starve it.

Sorry for all the mixed metaphors! Lol. It is the middle of the night here at 3:20 AM so that is my excuse. Lol. Have a good sober day everyone!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

10.40 Fri

Morning Unders

The weekend is upon us again, the first one of the new year, so let's make it a sober one. Remember, make plans to change your routine for those danger times and you'll sail through.

Steve, you're up before your breakfast this morning, have a good day.

E.Q I know where you're coming from with the A.V at 30 days. Mine was telling me 'well you've got your 30 days now, so you obviously don't have a problem, you can do this any time, so let us have a drink now to celebrate.' What absolute piffle, he talks a load of rubbish, I know full well that once I start, I don't know when to stop, the 30 days didn't give me a chip like a stop button! Not drinking is the only way forward.
Lots of love to you E.Q
Old 01-04-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for your welcomes It's funny how much I already feel "at home" here (being accepted is the key ).

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Welcome Alice! 5 days is great. I found getting past 3, initially,was a big hump.
Yes, I have absolutely found this to be true also! It seems that day one is managable because you feel so awful. Day two because you're pumped from finishing day one... then day three was my breaking point.

Here's to no more day threes
Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Halfway through day 29 and I'm struggling big time....This will be the 2nd maybe 3rd time I will have hit 30 days so I should know what to expect...I have been struggling for the last couple of days and even though I've hit the gym and ate well I still can't shake off these cravings.....I hope the AV goes away soon....Steve...
Old 01-04-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Keep going, don't give in now!!

Hey Stevie my good friend with the nice looking black dog!!

The struggle is hard but hang in there buddy.. you can do this. You are almost there. Your goal is 30 days, then set yourself small goals till you get 60 days. Even at over 60 days I get a little down now and then but it doesn't last long, so the key I guess is just to occupy yourself until it's over.

Like they say Stevie, talk to your dog and see what he has to say.

Welcome all the new people. Whatever you do, please don't give up and stay strong even at the worst of times. It's worth it in the end.

I've been off for a few days with Family issues accross the pond (England). But I'll catch up slowly.

Keep up the good fight!!!!

C
Old 01-04-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

And Stevie...

If you do talk to your dog about your issues, I promise, promise, promise you that he won't tell anyone else.

C
Old 01-04-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

hey Stevie and eternalQ....You guys should be congratulated for your time. Don't let that voice tell you it is ok.. You know better.

Keep strong

Jim
Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Quick hi again while the children are watching Peppa Pig yet again. We've not been in long from the soft play area, so just having a bit a chill.

Glad you're with us Alice, day 3 was my worst day, I think I just cried all day. Just stick close, be kind to yourself and read and post here as much as you can.

Steve, it's phsychological, just as I described my 30 days above, you can get past this, you know you can. Okay you've had a couple of days when you've slipped but look at how many sober days you've achieved in all since we started back here in August. It's all too easy to get paralysed by the failures of the past rather than the possibilities of the future. Think back to those days when you felt strong and what you did to engineer them.Think about all the changes you've made to your body during this journey, you've come so far and built yourself up so much, you're not going to lose all that just because the A.V is pecking your head are you??

See you later
Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, under 30-ies. I'm just back from the gym and feel myself again. I got in some nutrition crisis yesterday, but every crisis keeps also an opportunity in itself, they say.

Stevie - at days 25-35 my AV was also giving me hard time, just don't listen to it. It wil tell the same old tale about you can drink "just one", you have too much stress, demons in your head, life is too hard, etc. Don't listen. Look ahead. And, by the way, what would you say, if you dog told you "Listen, man, I'm pissed off, I need a drink"))))))

HarleyDad - hi to you!

Jim - glad to see you posting, and congrats on another sober day.

Grace - sounds like you have busy time. I bet you gc are so loud that you won't hear AV even if it starts talking)

My best wishes to all under-30ies.

Have a great day.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Midnight...Yep another sober day..Off for a walk in the cold -12c and then to the gym for a work out..

Pork chops in mushroom sauce with mashed pototoes for supper

Jim