Notices

Class of December 2012 Part 2

Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thumbs up Class of December 2012

Welcome

This is the thread for everyone quitting drinking or drugs this month of December 2012

All you have to do to join is post

You'll find a lot of support here - please come and join us!

D
Old 12-01-2012, 01:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello! This is my Day 1!

We're in this together.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just started over Tuesday 11/27. 4 days sober.

Let's have a great month.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey,,, im in,,,, just gone past my 1st month mark,,,, gonna stop counting the days now,,, just the weeks and months,,, then just the months and years,, then,, just ,,, well me as a totally non drinker,,,
way to go all of you here,,, december ,,bring it on,,,,
hugs and lv xx cleo xxxxxxxxxxx
Old 12-01-2012, 03:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm here.
Ohhh last night - We went to a birthday party at a pub, originally I had said that I would drive, that way I couldn't drink, then I got talked into getting a taxi instead. So in my mind I was thinking "ok I'll just have a couple of drinks to be sociable", (hmmm will it stop at just 2?) We arrive at the party, I order diet coke, after that I order J20, so far so good. People getting merry, wanting me to get up on karaoke and sing, hmmm no thanks I don't fancy it. Another hour passes by, something triggered in my head, 'stop being miserable, get up and sing, you don't need alcohol'. Up I got, very nervous (no alcohol inside me for courage) everyone applauded. So to sum up my night - I got through a party without alcohol and I had the perfect opportunity to drink. Feeling very strong today. Day 16
Old 12-01-2012, 03:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

well done pops,,, you rock ,,,,
Old 12-01-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Been 5 days sober. Quiet Saturday night at home. Starting to feel heaps better and it hasn't even been a week yet. Looking forward to the future. I'm feeling very positive. SR has helped me alot already.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to everybody
If anyone's looking for the November gang, they're in the Daily Support forum now

D
Old 12-01-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm in :-) - day 8 :-)
Old 12-01-2012, 05:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 1 (again)

I fell off the wagon yet again and am back here for support. Feeling pretty rough today but know I can do it. The last couple months I'd only have a couple beers at night after I got done working but the demon took over and I would start drinking as soon as I woke up and continue drinking until I could pass out again. This has been going on for a week now and decided there can be no more alcohol in this house.

At first I was rather proud of myself for only drinking 4-5 beers a night and getting up feeling rested. Well, we all know that doesn't last forever and it will soon take over our lives.

Today I plan on staying occupied cleaning the house, working on crafts and drinking plenty of water. Most importantly is staying sober and looking forward to a more productive lifestyle.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome December Newbies, from a November Newbie. Beginning day 9, but I want ot welcome new comers. And old friends who are posting here.

I may visit both boards since I only have a week behind me and some of our good November people are here as well.

Poppy, awesome! When I started reading your post, you were teasing us! I really thought it was going the other way, and you were making a confession! You tricked us, thank goodness/ Well done!

Especially great you joined in and took social risks, *without* the drinks! You should feel very proud. And, I bet you sang better, lol. Though I was an awesome dancer when I was drinking(hmmm, was I?, I sure thought so)!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all.

I'm from October class, just popped in to welcome all the newbies and wish you luck on sobrity journey. It's great place to get and share support and encouragement!

My best wishes to all)
Old 12-01-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 1, again. I'm in. Dealing with a wine headache. Plan to keep busy today, too.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Dec 2012 class!

I am just popping in from the February 2012 class to say: I NEVER thought I could stop drinking, but almost ten months ago, I DID! You can too!

Create a plan that works for you! Mine included constant SR, telling people in my life I stopped drinking, Alan Carrs book, AVRT, and daily gratitude threads... to name a few elements.

If I can do it, you can do it! It is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

I wish the same for all of you. We all do!

CONGRATULATIONS on making this start! Just stay in the moment and keep posting.

My best to all, EQ.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've never posted on any internet forum ever, but have been lurking on this site for a while now and also need to make my self accountable, so here goes nothing...

My quit date is *going to be* this Monday or Tues. Hopefully Monday. I can't stop until the medication I ordered arrives as I've been drinking 2 liters of warm Pinot Grigio (digusting!) a day and have a history of seizures during detox. I haven't slept for more than an hour at a time at night in 2 weeks because I need to have at least a gulp of wine every hour. It's a nightmare that I've had it up to here with and it's time to stop screwing around.

You can probably tell this isn't my first rodeo. I'm not a stupid woman, I KNOW better...but alcoholism is a hell of a lot smarter and than even me and wins EVERY single time.

Just reading other's posts on here has very been helpful so far, so I'm hoping getting involved will be even more so. When I come out on the other side of this, I'm going to make darn sure that I pass on my story to whoever will listen.

Becoming a cautionary tale sucks.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome Jazzhands!

I hope you can put the bottle(s) down very soon because I know the feeling of waking up and having to make a mad dash to the frig for a beer upon waking up. It doesn't get any better unless you give it up for good. I've never had seizures and hope you don't this time around.

Life is so much better on the other side of the bottle.

Good luck to you!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank You cat1961...I really needed to hear that. So sick and tired of being sick and tired and having alcohol as my master. I bet we all kind of feel that way.

Thank you again for the encouragement. Congrats on your day and for coming here and "telling on yourself". I've heard that's an important thing to do.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm working all weekend (hard cuz I never work weekends), but this just may be the thing to help me fimally make it thru a weekend without drinking and be able to get a week under my belt. Not to mention all the money I'll save by not going to the bar
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome aboard new class members and ones that are returning..

The battle is never over. I love a qoute from Sister Ignatia. She was big in AA history. She started the sober coin.. Anyways she was asked when do you give up on a alcoholic.. Her answer was right up until they take their last breath..

Good to see some people from November here saying welcome. Thats way it works ..
Together WE STAY SOBER -- Alone I get DRUNK....

And as my sponsor taught me a few 24 hrs ago......

The person with the longest amount of sobriety is .... Who ever got up the earliest.

Enjoy this beautiful month for it has a lot of dangers for people.. X mas, New Years are just a couple.. Stay tight and close to each other.

And remember to smile cause sobriety looks good on you...

Good love, Inda
Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm in! Day 12 here (nov20)