Notices

Class of December 2012 Part 2

Old 12-01-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi all,

A little about my self (for the new folks)... I have years of combined sobriety for most of my adult life through the fellowship of AA... Through the years I end up convincing myself I can drink again so I have 7 years sober, then 5, etc... Up until August of this year I was up to about a year and a half sober... You guessed it I started drinking again. At first I tried to control it but when I was controlling it I wasn't enjoying it. If I enjoyed it then I was totally out of control...

So... I ended up here in class of September. It has been very hard to stop this time and I ended up in Class of Oct, then Nov and now finally December. The good news is since joining SR in September I have gone from everyday drinking to lately a periodic. Now obviously my goal is no alcohol or drugs period ever. However my problem has been doing push-ups during my off time so it has been extremely difficult to stay stopped since I fell off the wagon in August...

I've met a lot of good folks here and SR is really helping me get it together this time, along with AA, SMART, AVRT, my sponsor and any other method I can take bits and pieces from that will help me stop this insanity.

I am kind of having a love affair with the date of 12/12/12 as my crazy brain is telling me that would be an awesome permenent quit date, however that is stinking thinking and I will try to just stay sober one day at a time at this point and keep the date I have now, Dec. 1. I fell off the wagon again yesterday after 7 another 7 day stretch of sobriety...

Anyhow enough about me... Welcome everyone and hello to all my friends I have met on other threads... There is awesome support here at SR.

We can do this!!!

With love,

Wifi
Old 12-01-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'll join you with the Dec 1 Sobriety date Wifi! My last several months have been off and on except this last week has been non-stop drinking from the time I wake up. I know from experience that I can't taper off when I get to this escalated level and just have to quit all together.

Honestly, 12/1/12 sounds a lot better than 12/12/12 by a long shot.

Happy Sobriety!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I posted a thread earlier today about the huge hangover I have from drinking way too much last night. I received a lot of kind responses and much encouragement. I am going to join in with you Cat & WiFi and everyone else who starts today and call 12/1/12 my sobriety date. I hope this is the first step in keeping myself accountable and of course alcohol free.

Thanks again to all that responded in my thread. I'll keep everyone in my sober thoughts
Old 12-01-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I hope you're feeling better TT! I'm looking forward to our Day #2 when I should feel a bit better myself.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Cat. Going to try to get a good night's sleep. Hope you do too. CHeck in tomorrow and let us know how you're doing
Old 12-01-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cat1961 View Post
I'll join you with the Dec 1 Sobriety date Wifi! My last several months have been off and on except this last week has been non-stop drinking from the time I wake up. I know from experience that I can't taper off when I get to this escalated level and just have to quit all together.

Honestly, 12/1/12 sounds a lot better than 12/12/12 by a long shot.

Happy Sobriety!
Ya know your right!!! That is a cool date!!!

By the way good job Poppy!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning of day 2. I have been absent from the site for some time after joining the October 2012 class. Had a bout 4 weeks at the time, then started to slip. Started as a little wine once a week, then found excuses for an extra beer or 2, and then for more nights a week. I am recommitting to abstinence before I slide any further. Time to think long and hard about why I originally made the choice to not drink at all. The holiday seasons are full of opportunities to drink, but I will not give in to temptation.

SR was a great support (even just for the accountability) during those initial 4 weeks in October, so i will be more diligent this time around with posting and logging in during the tougher times.

I am looking forward to starting 2013 with 1 month sober!!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm in! Day 1 for me today....again! Good luck everyone.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I want to end my Day 1 on a happy note that I didn't drink today. I'm so looking forward to a good nights sleep as I'm mentally exhausted from the withdrawals today. At least I know that I'm guaranteed to feel better soon and have control over my life again.

Peace out to my fellow classmates!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Wow, last one out and first one here today. I made it through Day 1 and slept reasonably well last night. My brain is still a bit fogged over from the week long binge but with more productivity today I should snap back.

I'm hoping all the newcomers from yesterday make an appearance today and share their positivity.

Best wishes fellow classmates!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Day 2. Wish I could be super positive for you Cat but I still did not want to get out of bed this morning from embarassment and shame. But I did and am getting ready for a full day. I have to get stuff I was supposed to do yesterday done today. I am not worried about drinking today - still feel bad enough that there is no appeal in it at all. Going to start my own thread to keep myself accountable for those times when the appeal is back. Have a great day everyone. I will check in later
Old 12-02-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Spending Sunday watching football at home and getting some much needed cleaning done around the house. Something I wouldn't have been able to get done if my ass was parked at the bar wasting money all afternoon today.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good morning class of December...

Just trudging the road today... I need to stay busy as boredom is one of my triggers... I have plans to put lights on the house with the boys... That should be fun...

Have a safe and sober Sunday...
Old 12-02-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Wifi - I was going to suugest Hot chocolate but is warm where you are?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hello all, Day 1 here (I couldn't even guess how many of those I've had). I've been able to abstain from drinking anywhere from 2-3 days to 2-3 months. I know exactly how it will end though when I do find myself picking up the beer. From reading through many posts here I was surprised how many people had my same routine, and same type of withdrawls (I know if I drink its a minimum of 3 nights of pure hell from insomnia/anxiety/little panic attacks/nightmarish thoughts).

Felt it was finally time to maybe try this trip with a few others rather than thinking I can pull it off because I have before. I stopped drinking at 24 for over 5 years, then a trip to Austrailia with 2 friends came around which wound up being a 3 week bender basically. Told myself no prob I can stop once home because you had before, then its been off and on for the last 7.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR gonzo! You've come to the right place where I've been stationed since yesterday while kicking the evil demon. You'll find so much support here and quite similar stories.

The first step is not to drink today then work on tomorrow.

Good luck in your endeavors
Old 12-02-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Whoops I quoted myself.. Doh...

TTBABP - Hot chocolate sounds awesome.. It has been somewhat cold and rainy here in sunny southern California the last few days...

Thanks!!! I think I'll go have a cup o chocolate!!!!

Hmmm - I can't reach the high eves on my house... I was going to drive to work to grab an extention ladder and thought no... I'll probably stop a get a cold one if I do that... Sometimes I hate how my mind works... Anyhow the Mrs is checking with some of the neighbors to see if we can borrow one.. Otherwise I'll bring one home after work tomorrow... At least we have most of the house lit...

Welcome Gonzo... There is awesome support here at SR!
Old 12-02-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good luck on the ladder situation Wifi. I'm heading to the grocery to get some much needed NON-alcoholic drinks and food. Although I'll have three places of opportunity between here and there for beer or liquor, I shall resist.

Drinking is so NOT on the itinerary today.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to everyone - great to see this thread already jumping :bounce

D
Old 12-02-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Morning of day 3. Didn't sleep great last night, but still managed to get out of bed at 6:00 (even though I don't have to work until 10:30). I find that if I can wake up early and be super tired in the evenings that I have less of a desire to drink. In addition, I have already done some writing, an hour of yoga/exercise, and am getting productive before heading to work. Hopefully will even have a little time to pick up the guitar...

Hope that everyone is having a great day!