Notices

Class of December 2012 Part 2

Old 12-02-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Coming to the end of day three without alcohol. Smoking cigarettes at a rate I don't even want to think about! Will have to stop those too after a time. Hard these first few days, I know a drink would sort me out fast but bring me down hard.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Why is it we go into chain-smoke-mode detoxing? It's not safe or healthy but I guess it beats the alternative.

Congrats on Day 3 SoberRo and 4Surf4Life! I'll be there tomorrow!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sun setting here on Day 1 and the fridge hasn't been restocked, even managed to get some solid food in me (which I can almost never do), hoping that will help with sleeping tonight. Thankfully shakes and sweats aren't what I normally get, and dreading having to go in to work tomorrow must less than usual. Even just from making a couple posts I feel a little different than I usually do (that it isn't hopeless to tell myself we'll do it this time). Very glad to have finally registered and posted.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Gonzo
Old 12-02-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

gonzo - glad you made it through Day 1. I'm wrapping up Day 2 and really feel magnificent compared to yesterday. I got some fresh fruit and an assortment of drinks from the store and actually have room now since there's not an 18 pack taking up half the shelf.

Good luck with work tomorrow and get some fresh fruit going on.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

i am in
this is only day one but i am not going to give up on this no matter how bad i feel today has and still is a rough one the hours seem longer then they should be and today seems like it isn't going to end
but i am going to do this
Old 12-02-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow elite!

Watch something really boring on tv before you go to bed. It might help put you in the tranced state.

Tomorrow will be better!!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

thanks cat my plan right now is a cold wash cloth and hibernation until the sun comes up lol have a good night everyone and best of luck to everyone
i will let you all know how the doctors goes tomorrow
Old 12-02-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Welcome Gonzo. Glad you joined the class Elite. I had a very productive Day 2 even got most of the stuff I was supposed to do yesterday = when I was unable = done today. Still have some catching up to do but I feel like I can now. I was not so worried about today - or the next few for that matter - I get worried as the weekend approaches.

I will continue to be here often. Glad to see so many are doing OK today!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTBABP View Post
I get worried as the weekend approaches.
Can relate to that, my best 'successes' so far were quitting on a Thursday or Friday because I had no problem getting through that weekend, and the week following was usually pretty good. The Friday at the end of that week though...
Old 12-02-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Day one for me everyone. I have come to the conclusion that the is my only option. I have told my close friends that I will be abstaining from alcohol. I want a life that is different from this one. I recently went for three weeks without alcohol and felt amazing, so much energy, positive thinking and such a good outlook on life.

I look at what I am like when I am drunk and other people and I think why do we drink? Well the answer is obvious it's because for a short period of time it's enjoyable and then before you know it you're in bed with someone, feeling guilty and depressed.

After doing some reading online today it dawned on me alcohol is an addictive drug...obvious you might think but I've never until today thought about it like that. The reason being that I have never been one to drink everyday, more of a binge drinker so because I have sometime long gaps between drinking I never saw it as an addiction...but it is! And if I give up drinking I give up smoking as I only smoke when I drink!

I am lying in bed trying to go to sleep and I get up and switch on the computer and do a search and find this forum. I sense of comfort and relief flows over me as I can now speak to people who are experiencing the same thing. I know I have the power to control myself from not drinking, it's going to be a struggle but I believe I can do this!

3/12/12
Old 12-02-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class BG!

This place has saved me (more than once I hate to admit due to relapses). Nonetheless we are here and we are all struggling with the same battles.

Glad you're here!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cat1961 View Post
Welcome to the class BG!

This place has saved me (more than once I hate to admit due to relapses). Nonetheless we are here and we are all struggling with the same battles.

Glad you're here!
Thanks - I know how you are feeling I have been here before saying I will quit to myself - this is the first time I have said it out loud to my friends.

The one thing I told myself is that if I did relapse I would not beat myself up about it. Thousands of people across the world wake up every day feeling that they want to quit but never do, we've take a big step to say "enough is enough". I do believe when we do relapse we get a little bit stronger each time and learn something new.

Never give up on giving up!

Old 12-02-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTBABP View Post
I had a very productive Day 2 even got most of the stuff I was supposed to do yesterday = when I was unable = done today. Still have some catching up to do but I feel like I can now. I was not so worried about today - or the next few for that matter - I get worried as the weekend approaches.

I will continue to be here often. Glad to see so many are doing OK today!
I'm glad your Day 2 went well! Mine wasn't to shabby either although whilst gathering my replacement beverages and more fruit, I had a gazillion opportunities to buy a pack of beer or a bottle. Did.Not.Happen.

Onward to Day 3!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Great resolve Cat. Keep it up.

Glad to see you here British Gent.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome BritishGent

D
Old 12-02-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi All,

I am joining the December thread. I was unti l yesterday 21 days sober. I did undertake conciously to have a couple of drinks and I limited my intake to a couple of toasts but then again i did have a drink so back to day 1

Reason was it was my 40th and I have not really communicated to wider family my intention to fully stop drinking and the inievitable questions which would go with it although some remarked that I was not drinking as I stuck mainly to water either side of lunch as others drank.

A little peev'ed at lack of courage to outright tell everyone but yesterday was not the location. So I am not devastated but back to Day 1.

Next goal is New Year thanks for support to date and I hope I can help you guys, logging in daily to this forum really helped me get to 21 days prior yesterday

Be safe all and stay strong in this journey
Old 12-02-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Gorc - but welcome nonetheless.

do you intend to tell your family/friends now?

D
Old 12-02-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

do you intend to tell your family/friends now?
Yeah i will, just concern that it will be reflected as a wekness if that makes sence, alot of functions and social events in my family and enviroment surround having a few drinks.

As mentioned I think a few are aware my intentions as I really did not drink like I used to limiting myself to 3 drinks which suprissingly was not hard whilst others drank I moved to water and in hindsight probably 3 drinks i could have done without

I think over christmas i will begin to let others know gradually and continue to refrain

So whilst not a disaster or a binge I am resetting my counter to 1 and will make end Dec my goal.

I appreciate the support and are looking forward to taking in months not days
Old 12-02-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

I tried limiting my drinks too - it was a lot of effort and it never lasted more than a week or two before I was back to 'normal', so I think aiming for nothing is the way to go

I'm Australian too so thoughts of weakness do make sense to me - but I know for a fact I'm a lot stronger person since I quit and what others think doesn't mean as much to me anymore.

I know I'm doing the right thing for me

D