Class of May 2012 part 12

Old 10-21-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 5 months, OLL!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congrats on 5 months OLL

I think rolepaying could be difficult for those of us with addictive persobnalities Em...

I remember from my D&D days (25 years ago and long before I considered I had any addictions)

I got very into it, and it was almost a licence for bad behaviour in a way.

just remember your boundaries - you're Emily...anything else is a fiction - even Catherine

D
I TOTALLY agree...I was as addicted to D & D as much as anything...it was almost like a glimpse of what was to become.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 5 MONTHS MILESTONE, ONELESS!!!

Mammoth is pitching in to help you pack up the house for your hotel stay tomorrow. Awesome sober strength, May mate!

elephant-packing-boxes.jpg
Old 10-21-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Yay an elephant pic for me!! Don't know how you got that one but its perfect! Thanks! And thanks dee and saskia!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Woot woot! 5 months is no joke! Nice job, OLL!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

images-6.jpeg
Congrats on 5 months OLL! Good luck with the house this week!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Just a quick check-in. I have no idea what D&D is, but I DO know I have the capacity to get addicted to anything if it momentarily takes me out of reality and that is scary. Guess that's why living life sober is my greatest challenge now.
I've taken away alcohol, anti-depressants, chocolate, coffee and replaced them with AA and SR. It's working to keep me sober but I'm removed from the world on so many levels. I don't really do normal things because it means stepping out of my comfort zone. I'm more than a bit isolated. But I'm sober. The rest will follow in good time I guess. I sometimes worry about the amount of time I spend on this forum, but it helps. Sobriety first.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:39 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day 93/18 is here and it's a bit cold. It seems a bit grey and overcast too. Got to head off soon, pick up my three month chip, so this is just a quick check in.

OneLessLonely - congratulations on five months! wtg as they say.

Dee - Don't worry, I know where I end and my character(s) start(s). There was a time when I'd joke that maybe I was just a voice in their head(s). But that's in the past. And while it's not very funny, it was meant as a joke.
And, more importantly, I'm not going to let her behaviour become mine. Whether she can continue the way she was, I don't know. In some ways, the saddest thing was a throwaway line from one of the NPCs [her father].
But she's not me, and I'm not her. So (shrug). Life is ok at the moment.

Jeni - I know what you mean about being isolated. And it takes time to get... less isolated. But it will happen. And as you say, staying sober is the number one priority.

As for me, I'm feeling a lot better than I was last night, when I was absolutely exhausted, my back was sore and my head was horrendously noisy. [Probably because I was so tired.]
Have a good day folks. Be gentle with yourselves. And remember that no matter how today is, when we go to bed, it will slip into the past.
Love and Hugs to you all.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:15 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Good morning, boaters!

Day 16.

Will post later...gotta get ready for my early UN-fitness appointment!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:36 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Day 13 here. Nippy Monday morning. Everyone have a great day and great week!
Lee
Old 10-22-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Mornin, all! I am soooo freakin' tired. Did not sleep that well last night. Slept like a rock (a drooling rock, of course) for a couple of hours then woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep. I'm sure it's partly because a) I was on day 2 and b) I had a cup of coffee at 4:30 p.m. yesterday. Coffee that's not decaf after noon for me is a sure way to enjoy insomnia.

BUT the reason I did is because I called one of the women from the AA group I went to Saturday night. I was freaking out. I had an issue with my husband over traveling back east for thanksgiving. The thoughts started swirling, I started feeling hopeless and helpless and like I couldn't express my thoughts/feelings without being shot down. Normally, that would have led to a drink. I did something different. I picked up the phone. We talked for a few minutes, then my new friend suggested I go to her house for a cup of coffee. She helped me make a plan for how to deal with what had happened with my husband. It worked. I felt listened to, and received guidance and support and was able to come home and talk to my husband and he was very understanding.

Huh. Hopefully I can keep trying these different things. Seems that the thing about AA that can be helpful is having other people to provide guidance when we just have no clue how to proceed without getting drunk.

I am really NOT in the mood to go to work today. I missed the last three days of last week. And work gives me lots of moments of feeling triggered. When that happens, I'll a) take a deep breath and b) make a phone call

Way to go everyone on one more day!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Forgive the lack of comment but I'm way past my bedtime

have a good day everyone - we continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-13-a.html

D