Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 5

Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Podium yay!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Jaz - I'm glad you keep coming back. We're not perfect, but we have to give it our best. Take care - and enjoy the fall color season, I believe you are further north so yours may be starting. This is a great time of year. Enjoy it through sober eyes!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaz06 View Post
Cheering for all of you standing on that podium!! Truly proud & happy for you! All I can do is cheer though, cannot join.

Marjoram, yesterday was a flop for me too. I actually made an excuse to go to the store, knowing I would buy some wine...which I did, knowing I would drink the whole thing, which I did, knowing I would regret it, which I do.

So, here's my 'do-over'. Another chance to get it right. Kind of surprising myself that I still feel determined even with all of my 'day 1's'. Still facing the stupid withdrawals, knowing I only made it worse by caving, and that I'm never going to get past them unless I stick with it.

Sunnyflower, I don't have the BB. Don't know what the 12 promises are.

Everyone have a wonderful & sober day.
Today, I'm not going to drink. (and NOT going to the store!!)
You can do it Jaz. I actually have thought about just having small amounts of cash on hand for lunch at work, and leaving my cards and other cash at home so I will not stop after work and by booze. I am on Day 2 after almost at week of being sober. Good Luck, and have a sober week.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Welcome LTT, Binger & KP!!

Happy Podium Monday class! Day 23. After so many failed day 1s I can't believe I've come this far. I am looking forward to more energy hopefully and gettin in shape. Sittin on the couch drinking heavily sure didn't do me any good along with junk food. So ordering new work out clothes when I get paid Friday and planning on doing some grocery shopping for actual food and not junk. Well off to work I go!

Have a great sober day everyone!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I'm sorry I"m so behind and such a slacker on this thread. I've caught up with everyone this morning, but my memory is not well enough to respond to everyone. I will try to do better with the support from here on.

But I do want to say congrats to everyone who is standing at the podium this morning. And for those of you who didn't quite make it, today is a new day so look ahead and not behind you! We are all a work in progress.

WalkingwithGod, I love your idea of only taking the cash that you need when you go places.

Welcome to new members!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I did want to say to DeepBreath, who was concerned about the physical damage from drinking, I did read that Milk Thistle helps promote new cell growth in the liver. I started taking it the other day, myself.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me today... Last Monday, I decided not to drink during the week and I wasn't even hungover when I decided. I knew I'd have to be careful on the weekend and sure enough, I wasn't and drank way too much two out of the three days.

So today, I'm done for good and feel fantastic about it! This is different from anytime before so I think this is the time it's going to stick! I hope this is my last class ever!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

PHRD, Welcome to day one! I'm truly happy for your decision. I know how hard weekends can be and this past weekend is the first sober weekend I can remember since I REALLY don't know when. You'll be seeing everything in a whole new light, believe me. I'm still living off the "high" of enjoying a weekend feeling good physically and mentally. I wish this for you in the coming week!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Hi all,

Had an argument first thing this morning with hubby over some stupid comment my jerk brother-in-law made last night (hubby brought it up, not me). Not a great way to start the day or week. Took away my excitement for doing the podium dance this AM but I'm here anyway. My first sober weekend in over six years - it feels really really good.

Here's to a sober day/week everyone.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Boozefree, It sounds like you have a good plan in getting some exercise in! I've been a little more active than usual in getting out and walking and it sure helps the mind, body and spirit! Have fun shopping this week and exercising!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I just can't shake this fear, and thus, the drinking that it inspires. Tried and tried. Sorry I probably won't end up in this great class, but til I magically no longer fear this horrid thing, I don't see me getting any better. I am thrilled for the rest of you, though.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

LifeWithoutBooze, I'm sorry you had a bad start to your day. I hope your day gets better! But thrilled for you about your sober weekend! Congratulations! Let's both plan for another one in the next week!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:12 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

back at day one too so mad at myself.... ashamed and very unhappy. i apologized to my husband and my kids. i was a train wreck yesterday! i was doing so well and then bam.... when am i ever going to get it right? i opened up to my husband and told him how ashamed i am and how i feel like a large piece of crap, a failure and most of all a bad example to my kids. i told him i need his support. he said if i stop this cycle i will have his support. i am suprised he hasnt kicked me to the curb yet. i do sooo good all week and the weekend comes and so far every weekend has been a mess up! i cannot keep doing this! im not a bad person.... i just cant find my way-- and stick with it! congrats to all that have made it through the weekend, next monday i will be able to join you all!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Chardonnay you aren't a failure. Nor am I, we just need to find our way. Hang in there.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

We can do this, we have until the end of the month to stay in this group. There is so much support here, it is making being sober not as hard. It is good to know that we can share and be honest with each other. Good Luck
Old 09-24-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeepBreath2012 View Post
Happy podium Monday all!

Day 3 begins...

Will catch up on posts in a bit but wanted to check in 1st thing.

Proud of everyone here!!!!
For me too DB! Have a great day
Old 09-24-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Jaz, your here and thats what counts. You can do this!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone...Have not had a chance to catch up pn all the posts...Very active this week end..

I am sorry, had 2 beer yesterday. Not sure why. Not happy with myself.

I am disppointed to be back on day 1.

I need to focus on the positives. I have had a great many days this month without alcohol. That I am attributing to the support of this group..

The are 7 days left in this month....I am going to finish without anythinh to drink..

WWG...Wow...NFL Sunday ! That is an accomplishment ...see it can be done. Like the success.

Jimuk...day 24? You are an inspiration!

lifewithoutbooze...First sober weekend in 6 years....incredible!

Jim
Old 09-24-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks Sunnyflower, congrats on day 23!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi all

Been tough to keep up with all the posts. I have been doing a lot of meetings of AA and SMART Recovery plus a ton of journaling with paper and pen so less computer time.

Day 21 for me and grateful for that. Starting to feel a bit more balanced.

Whats working for me ?

AA meetings and my current pace is more than 90 in 90. Step group to start in October with my temp sponsor

SMART Recovery once a week as that's as often as the local face to face meet. More tools for staying sober

I am using the medication Campral and not sure if it works or a placebo effect but don't care , I am not craving a drink

Proper diet and eating healthy foods mainly but do treat myself to ice cream after dinner

Nutritional supplements styled on the book 7 Weeks to Sobriety to replace all the loss from my last binges

2 psychologist meetings a week for issues not so centred on alcohol which is covered in depth in AA/SMART Recovery

Medical doctor follow ups for blood work , medication consults and had an ultrasound on my liver and its fine by all the true data versus all the imagined awful stuff in my head which was not true.

Writing down with pen and paper all the crap coming into my head which helps me park the issue for a while versus going through it over and over and over and driving myself nuts

Avoiding people/place/things associated with drinking

Coming to SR as I can to get inspiration and also read and get insight to what others are struggling with as often I am struggling with it too.

Its all just one day at a time but I do try to have a schedule so I can't leave a pile of time for me to dwell on stuff and start edging towards drinking.

Hope everyone has a great Monday