Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 5

Old 09-23-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for your thoughts Dee.

I don't know if I'm just extra irritated tonight or what, but I am SO frustrated with the local AA site. Not sure if you all remember my post about walking 2 miles in heels to attend my first AA mtg. only to discover the building was abandoned and the meeting was no longer.

Well, tonight I decide, I will try again tomorrow. Imagine my pleasure to see there's a meeting in walking distance of home, although at night and through a sketchy part of town. AA website says 8 - 9pm. So I think, based on what happened last time, let me go to the church website where the meeting is supposed to be to see if they mention having one there. I'm thrilled to see they mention this as one of their community ministries. I click on the link...they have it listed at 7pm. Granted, that time is better, but my goodness I hate inaccuracy. Yeah, I know it takes a lot to maintain all the times, blah blah, but they're dealing with a needy community of people; you'd think a little greater attention to detail would be paid to keeping things accurate.

In any event, I will call the church tomorrow...and then I will, once again, call the AA people to tell them to update their listing accordinly if the church time is correct. They should be paying me pretty soon for checking their facts and finding errors.

Sorry if I'm b*tchy...just tired of jumping through hoops and finding road blocks...especially when the sobriety is hanging on by a thread.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

They're just my thoughts DB - you can take 'em or leave 'em

Hope the meeting plans come off without a hitch
D
Old 09-23-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You and me both. At least it's later in the day so ill be able to track down the right info.

I'm actually excited because this church actually also has an outreach to serve sandwiches to the homeless on Tuesdays. I'm gonna sign up! I just moved to this area and have been looking for community service opportunities.

Double yay
Old 09-23-2012, 07:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeepBreath2012 View Post
You and me both. At least it's later in the day so ill be able to track down the right info.

I'm actually excited because this church actually also has an outreach to serve sandwiches to the homeless on Tuesdays. I'm gonna sign up! I just moved to this area and have been looking for community service opportunities.

Double yay
You know....Maybe that was just meant to be your first meeting....I've come to the point I don't question things in AA...And they always seem to work out.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day 22

I think I can do this!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by elihoping View Post
Ok cool, thanks for that. That definitely helps. I find this site incredibly supportive but sometimes I'm reading stuff about how people are out jogging and cooking meals after a few days and I've been wondering why I can't do that stuff.
Hey, if it helps, my house is a wreck too. I've been watching tv, coming on here, but have not started practicing yoga head stands or training for a marathon or anything. . I'm doing pretty good to not drink, try not to snap at people when I'm grumpy, and otherwise be a lazy bum.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

DB, have you seen a dr. to have some bloodwork done? I had mine done about a month ago, just before I quit, and I was surprised and relieved that my liver values were normal. Yours may well be too. Even if they aren't, they could improve after a few months of not drinking. The dr. may also be able to recommend supplements to help repair your liver. I worry about all the damage I've done to my brain and body too, so I understand.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
part time member

Can I join this thread? I had 2 plus years back in Feb and then experimented...not a good idea...today is day 1 and I made it thru the day and I was alone most of the day.....one day at a time....play the tape all the way through....
Old 09-23-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

LovestoTravel,
Of course you can! And welcome to you, too!

Good for you one Day 1 in the bag...
Old 09-23-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sobersunshine View Post
DB, have you seen a dr. to have some bloodwork done? I had mine done about a month ago, just before I quit, and I was surprised and relieved that my liver values were normal. Yours may well be too. Even if they aren't, they could improve after a few months of not drinking. The dr. may also be able to recommend supplements to help repair your liver. I worry about all the damage I've done to my brain and body too, so I understand.
You are so encouraging ssunshine, thank you.

I am currently unemployed and without insurance (for the 1st time in my life on both accounts...I've worked since 12) so doctors visits are non-existent right now. I'll be lucky to pay rent at this stage of the game.

Good times, goood times.

for caring
Old 09-23-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome lttravel! This is a wonderful group.

Hey just noticed the time...happy podium Monday!! Do the dance my successful friends!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard LTT

D
Old 09-23-2012, 09:29 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Dee, just *when * do you sleep, if ever?!? Lol - I think you're in some parallel universe that just stays awake 24/7!

Thanks for ALWAYS being present for us all!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's only 2.30pm here ...but I've been up and around since 5.30 am today LOL

D
Old 09-23-2012, 09:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It's only 2.30pm here ...but I've been up and around since 5.30 am today LOL

D
I just have to smile in amazement because it just seems that you are up at all hours of all places across the world, lol!

Old 09-23-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

there a rumour about Deebots

D
Old 09-23-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hahahaha...

Hmmmm lol
Old 09-23-2012, 10:28 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

I was tested this morning. Got a surprise visit from my sister and her a&*hole husband - I can honestly say if there's one person on this Earth I truly "dislike" it's him. Within a few minutes of setting foot in our house I thought "God, I could drink right now". That's the effect he has on me. BTW it was 10 AM.

My husband was standing behind our "visitors" and started doing a very quiet Irish jig (or that's what it looked like - he's no Fred Astaire). My eyebrows became unfurrowed and a big smile appeared on my face - it was his way of saying "tomorrow is Podium Monday -YOU ARE NOT BLOWING THIS ON A MORON LIKE HIM.

93 minutes til Podium Monday officially but I'll be doing my jig in the morning when I actually get up. Once again everyone's posts got me through the day.

Sleep tight!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:06 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 23, Podium day YAY. Congrats eveyone another weekend down. Once I pass Friday it seems to get easier.

Eli, I don't have the energy I think I should. Intact I feel more tired than before but its nice to feel well again. I guess in time the energy will come. Please hang on. X

DB, volunteering is great - I was a life boat crew man for years and loved it, its great for the body, mind and soul to care. X

Welcome too the newly joined.

Gotta fly, catch up later X
Old 09-24-2012, 12:19 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Devoted and Done

Hello everyone,

Joining the class of September 2012 a little late but happy to be here. Looking forward to sharing with you and hearing from you as I begin my sobriety. I'm on day 3 and ready to kick this shitt for good.