D
Old 09-24-2012, 12:52 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi binger, good to see you ;-)
Old 09-24-2012, 01:38 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone

Hi Binger... good to see you here.

I need to catch up on posts from over the weekend. I hope it went well for everyone. Made it through booze free, so I guess that makes it a week! Thanks everyone for your support. It was quite an incentive not to have to turn up and say day 1 again.

I will catch up properly later on, but work calls.

Have a good day all.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:08 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks Hopingforzen.

Thanks Jimuk, congrats on day 23!

Lifewithoutbooz, I've a mental pic of your husband dancing, made me laugh a lot!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:56 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by elihoping View Post
sometimes I'm reading stuff about how people are out jogging and cooking meals after a few days and I've been wondering why I can't do that stuff.
Eli, Congrats! on day 16!

I can relate to the above. Today is day 23 for me and I am just starting to feel a little more energetic.

Detox affects everyone differently, we can't rate our progress based on other's. It will only depress us. Just know that, "this too shall pass".

It will get better! One of the 12 Promises of AA is:
#9 "Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change".

Hang in there!

Hugs!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:31 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

As we are upon podium Monday and I feel ashamed. I drank a little Saturday night, and had to start new on Sunday. So today is day 2 after I had 5 full days of sobriety. I am not even sure why I had a couple beers. I did not get drunk, and did not even enjoy them. I am back, and know that I am happier when I don’t drink. Yesterday was NFL Sunday, and I did not have or want a beer. People are telling me how good I look recently, but I wish that I could keep the days going. I need your prayers and support. Here I am on Monday, day2 and filled with hope. God Bless you.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by binger33 View Post
Hello everyone,

Joining the class of September 2012 a little late but happy to be here. Looking forward to sharing with you and hearing from you as I begin my sobriety. I'm on day 3 and ready to kick this shitt for good.
Welcome, this is a great place for support. Post often, and keep up the good work.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Congrats Sunflower. :-)

WWG, hang in there mate. :-)
Old 09-24-2012, 04:46 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jimuk View Post
Congrats Sunflower. :-)

WWG, hang in there mate. :-)
Back on Day 2, and I prefer being sober to drinking. I cannot believe that I made it through an NFL Sunday without drinking. My wife was super proud.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'd like to join in too. I'm on day 9, happy but exhausted. My plans include not drinking and sleeping, the household chores and marathons can wait =)
Old 09-24-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good Morning to everyone,

I truly look forward to getting to know everyone in our September Class!
@ 23 days and I'm finally experiencing the mental clarity I forgot I used to have. .
And to think it will get even better, woo hoo!

DB & Jaz- Have you read the 12 promises in the BB, yet? (pg 83) Each time I read them I feel "Hopeful", knowing things WILL get better.

Binger & LLT- Welcome! Glad you are here! Keep Posting!

Jimuk-Congrats to you too!

Dee- You are wonderful! Thank you so much!

WWG- Hang in there and never give up, Keep working on sobreity. You WILL achieve it!

To everyone else- I will try to get to know you all. I'm still experiencing a little short term memory loss.

I have a long day ahead (13 hours) of work and rehab, so I'll be away for the day! Have a happy sober 24 hours! HUGS!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SunnyFlower View Post
Good Morning to everyone,

I truly look forward to getting to know everyone in our September Class!
@ 23 days and I'm finally experiencing the mental clarity I forgot I used to have. .
And to think it will get even better, woo hoo!

DB & Jaz- Have you read the 12 promises in the BB, yet? (pg 83) Each time I read them I feel "Hopeful", knowing things WILL get better.

Binger & LLT- Welcome! Glad you are here! Keep Posting!

Jimuk-Congrats to you too!

Dee- You are wonderful! Thank you so much!

WWG- Hang in there and never give up, Keep working on sobreity. You WILL achieve it!

To everyone else- I will try to get to know you all. I'm still experiencing a little short term memory loss.

I have a long day ahead (13 hours) of work and rehab, so I'll be away for the day! Have a happy sober 24 hours! HUGS!
Great job SunnyFlower. Nothing better than having a clear mind.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Yea! It’s Monday and I am singing at the podium!

We’re HERE! Even if a member falls and starts over, if they get back up and stand with the class on Monday’s Podium, I think that is a huge success. I mean, if a classmate falls down, and we help to pick them up, and then they sign on Monday…we have all succeeded to bring them to the podium because that means they did not walk away from the journey. (Martin, DB, WWG, and anyone else)

Jaz – it was awesome to throw away that glass of wine. SBTS – great job at the wedding!

Welcome Lovestotravel, Binger33, Kimpossible and all who joined over the weekend! So glad to share this journey with you.

Jimuk, Soberjim, JimJim (has anyone heard from him in a while) Jimmy Choo – we are so lucky to be the class of “Jim” because you guys are our cornerstones. Thanks…

I read when I could over the weekend. Sorry I seemed missing but I kept thinking of you all and I prayed for you often. Love all the activity! Be strong today!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:26 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by benice View Post
Yea! It’s Monday and I am singing at the podium!

We’re HERE! Even if a member falls and starts over, if they get back up and stand with the class on Monday’s Podium, I think that is a huge success. I mean, if a classmate falls down, and we help to pick them up, and then they sign on Monday…we have all succeeded to bring them to the podium because that means they did not walk away from the journey. (Martin, DB, WWG, and anyone else)

Jaz – it was awesome to throw away that glass of wine. SBTS – great job at the wedding!

Welcome Lovestotravel, Binger33, Kimpossible and all who joined over the weekend! So glad to share this journey with you.

Jimuk, Soberjim, JimJim (has anyone heard from him in a while) Jimmy Choo – we are so lucky to be the class of “Jim” because you guys are our cornerstones. Thanks…

I read when I could over the weekend. Sorry I seemed missing but I kept thinking of you all and I prayed for you often. Love all the activity! Be strong today!
Fantastic Job Benice.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good Morning all - still here, just more drama then normal. But, back on track. Yesterday was a complete flop for me. I'm still glad to say more sober days this month than not. Better than I've seen in over a year. So still making progress. I'd just like to keep my string of days going longer.

Glad to see so many here still giving it their all. That's encouraging for everyone.

Take care and many blessings to everyone.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Marjoram - sorry about your fall, but you are here and sticking to the journey. Looks like sometimes we stumble before we walk...we can get there together...glad to see your post is so possitive about wanting this. Stay strong today...
Old 09-24-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Welcome KIMpossible to the SR September group :-)
Old 09-24-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

welocme Kim

welcome back WWG and Marjoram
D
Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Happy podium Monday all!

Day 3 begins...

Will catch up on posts in a bit but wanted to check in 1st thing.

Proud of everyone here!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Cheering for all of you standing on that podium!! Truly proud & happy for you! All I can do is cheer though, cannot join.

Marjoram, yesterday was a flop for me too. I actually made an excuse to go to the store, knowing I would buy some wine...which I did, knowing I would drink the whole thing, which I did, knowing I would regret it, which I do.

So, here's my 'do-over'. Another chance to get it right. Kind of surprising myself that I still feel determined even with all of my 'day 1's'. Still facing the stupid withdrawals, knowing I only made it worse by caving, and that I'm never going to get past them unless I stick with it.

Sunnyflower, I don't have the BB. Don't know what the 12 promises are.

Everyone have a wonderful & sober day.
Today, I'm not going to drink. (and NOT going to the store!!)